Tartan army dress code - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan army dress code

jimmy2mac

13 hours ago, jimmy2mac said:

Wouldn't it be just superb if every supporter traveling to Germany. On the day of walking to the match, if they Could either wear a kilt, or to keep costs down,, All wear a Piper Hat,, It would just be amazing to see, what a spectabl,and the full world would love it.

Revolutionary. If I see a load of guys in kilts, I'll know where the idea came from!

17 hours ago, jimmy2mac said:

Wouldn't it be just superb if every supporter traveling to Germany. On the day of walking to the match, if they Could either wear a kilt, or to keep costs down,, All wear a Piper Hat,, It would just be amazing to see, what a spectabl,and the full world would love it.

That’s got a full 6L perfect draft keg and a bottle of wine written all over it

On 11/24/2023 at 8:45 PM, jimmy2mac said:

No thanks - i'm going to the football not a Harry Lauder convention !!

Sounds utterly pish.

Very much an advocate of each to their own in terms of away day attire. Not many people enjoy the inconvenience of wearing kilts and/or full highland dress while travelling, especially the young team, which I'm all for if it helps expand the possible lifespan of the TA support by a few more years.

I do find myself wearing my kilt less and less. The day before and day of away games is fine for me. I'm beyond forcing myself to travel through airports etc wearing kilts. It is just a massive hindrance over and above the benefit/upside of actually wearing it.

Too many "non identifiables" these days. 

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Very much an advocate of each to their own in terms of away day attire. Not many people enjoy the inconvenience of wearing kilts and/or full highland dress while travelling, especially the young team, which I'm all for if it helps expand the possible lifespan of the TA support by a few more years.

I do find myself wearing my kilt less and less. The day before and day of away games is fine for me. I'm beyond forcing myself to travel through airports etc wearing kilts. It is just a massive hindrance over and above the benefit/upside of actually wearing it.

Kilts inconvenient!? saves you luggage big time! 

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I'm beyond forcing myself to travel through airports etc wearing kilts. It is just a massive hindrance over and above the benefit/upside of actually wearing it.

Hindrance maybe but taking off your belt, sporran and kilt pin before you go through the metal detector then putting them back on is hardly massive

If you are not alone you can always ask someone to help ye with the sporran chain and help them with theirs if you are a bit jarred  

On 11/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

Same, we’ve also had a run of boiling hot games. Schleping around in foreign lands in 33° heat with a kilt on ain’t fun. 

Euros are different gravy, will defo have the kilt on!

J

3 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Same, we’ve also had a run of boiling hot games. Schleping around in foreign lands in 33° heat with a kilt on ain’t fun. 

Euros are different gravy, will defo have the kilt on!

J

Absolutely agree. First proper tournament experience in my adult lifetime. Bring it on

Folk should wear what they like. Being a woman I don’t know how convenient or inconvenient a heavy mans kilt is but I think it makes Scotland fans a little bit different and is a bit of fun.
My husband has a kilt but hasn’t worn it to the football for a few years. He finds airports a pain but I am pretty sure he will take it to the Euros. Not a chance in hell of him wearing a hat though . 

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Folk should wear what they like. Being a woman I don’t know how convenient or inconvenient a heavy mans kilt is but I think it makes Scotland fans a little bit different and is a bit of fun.
My husband has a kilt but hasn’t worn it to the football for a few years. He finds airports a pain but I am pretty sure he will take it to the Euros. Not a chance in hell of him wearing a hat though . 

Canny beat a HAT

image.png.345dc5e2e242c42b343d70b94a731c34.png

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Being a heavy man I don't find it inconvenient at all 😁

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Being a woman I don’t know how convenient or inconvenient a heavy mans kilt is but I think it makes Scotland fans a little bit different and is a bit of fun.

I can tell you how inconvenient it can be and when i discovered lanacane ......

I had Tartan Bermudas at Italia 90 and Jeans at Sweden 92

Euro 96 was my first time wearing a full weight kilt - hired it from a place in EK which is no longer there

Sitting outside a pub in Birmingham for the final game, an unbeknown to me, the top of my fag had fallen onto the kilt and left a hole the size of a half pence on one of the pleats

I admitted guilt when i returned it but claimed it was done by some arse that was behind me and offered to buy it - Got it for £45 which was a fantastic result

Anyway at France 98 i was not a kilt virgin & had went commando most of the time i had worn it and laughed at the poofs that wore pants

We were in Lyon the night before we played Morocco in St Etienne where Iran were playing USA and England were playing Romania in Toulouse

We found a wee boozer showing the England game & at the bar was that wee knob Bill Leckie

By the time of Kick off the pub was rammed and there was no air conditioning - it had already been a warm day

Everyone was going mad the last 10 minutes and at Romania's late winner 

I was standing on a chair and i actually thought i had pissed myself but it was just sweat running down my big thighs

Wasnt bothered at all - dried myself later & carried on boozing till midnight

Kilt on the next day and enjoying myself in St Etienne after securing a last minute ticket from the British Embassy and only noticed a problem when we started walking to the stadium

Thighs were red raw and i was in agony - walking like i had shat myself it was that sore

I had no relief till i got home 48 hours later and i was advised to use lanacane - works instantly

I now always wear pants if i have the kilt on

Steve Clarke has already requested everyone wear bucket hats and shorts.