Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 8 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

For the last Euros, what was the cut off point for the supporters club in terms of points. Ie after what date / game did they say, the points you have now is what its going to be based on.

Im presuming everything will be done before the next set of matches so it will be what we have now.

I currently have 12. No idea how that leaves me looking.

The short answer is that the combination of Covid and the fact we were in a play-off both fucked any sort of timeline that you can learn anything from. 

And yes, the email this week said sales starting 6 Dec. So it will be based on points standing after Georgia & Norway points are added, with the oldest games dropping off. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

On 11/16/2023 at 2:27 PM, beeky86 said:

This might be asked or posed further down the thread, but would the 17% not be what the SFA get? And there will be SFA tickets, player and coaching tickets to be removed. Also SFA sponsors and affiliates like government tickets to be taken off the top before they get to the SSC. Its not unresonable to assume all that adds up to a fair chunk of tickets??

I might be wrong but where else would the above mentioned groups get their tickets from?

BTW... I got it wrong it is 16%. No definitive answer from me on those allocations... i do think they are delat with separately but I am wrong about a lot of things

14 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

For the last Euros, what was the cut off point for the supporters club in terms of points. Ie after what date / game did they say, the points you have now is what its going to be based on.

Im presuming everything will be done before the next set of matches so it will be what we have now.

I currently have 12. No idea how that leaves me looking.

The Norway game is still to be added on and the Denmark game comes off.

For the away games, Georgia is still to be added on and Moldova comes off.

At present we have 7245 folk on 12 points or above. If we are right about the SSC getting 16 to 18% of the tickets then we should get a minimum of 7500 tickets (unless we are unlucky enough to be drawn to play in Leipzig then we would get 6720). So, as it stands you should be looking good with 12 points. We will get a better idea once the tables are updated for Norway and Georgia. 

I find it hard to believe that we only have 7245 on 12 and above though as you can have that by just going to home games. It wouldn't be the first time that the SFA have fuked up the points tables.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

At present we have 7245 folk on 12 points or above. If we are right about the SSC getting 16 to 18% of the tickets then we should get a minimum of 7500 tickets (unless we are unlucky enough to be drawn to play in Leipzig then we would get 6720). So, as it stands you should be looking good with 12 points. We will get a better idea once the tables are updated for Norway and Georgia. 

I find it hard to believe that we only have 7245 on 12 and above though as you can have that by just going to home games. It wouldn't be the first time that the SFA have fuked up the points tables.

Factor in how many of the 16-18% the SFA siphon off for themselves & their hangers on & the figure will be nearer 6500 for the paying punter 🤬

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Its only home games ive been to during the period so id be surprised if I got tickets but I suppose thats the rub of the change of system. 

I had about 15 years of going to about 90% of away games so I will take what I can get.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Interesting. That would mean they're getting a different % of each stadium 🤔

Maybe they’re getting more tickets for each game but only allocating 9k to their supporters club members. The rest being sold separately eg public sale? 

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I find it hard to believe that there are only 7869 folk 12, or more, points. I think that can only be because a lot of folk who go to away games don't go to all the home games?

Yeh shit happens. I’m on 13 (all home games, 2 bonus points and an official away game) but missed Poland game due to being ill. Been in home ends away from home.

In March friendly I’ll go to 14.

Just now, radian_13 said:

I think whoever wants on 11 points will get.  Not everyone 32-12 points will go

I don’t think so. As the way the systems works people COULD share their code.l to a friend who is going. Ofcourse they shouldn’t but they could. 

14,000 is too high. They may get one match. 

Just now, GaryWood34 said:

Yeh shit happens. I’m on 13 (all home games, 2 bonus points and an official away game) but missed Poland game due to being ill. Been in home ends away from home.

In March friendly I’ll go to 14.

The March friendly won't count for Germany, though.

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I find it hard to believe that there are only 7869 folk 12, or more, points. I think that can only be because a lot of folk who go to away games don't go to all the home games?

To get 12 you need to have been to have been a member for three campaigns, plus eg the midweek friendly against Poland only had 39k at it with about 5k poles at it so can see why 12 so low! D

3 minutes ago, macwomble said:

To get 12 you need to have been to have been a member for three campaigns, plus eg the midweek friendly against Poland only had 39k at it with about 5k poles at it so can see why 12 so low! D

I was thinking more of one away game, and all ten home games or two aways and 8 of the home games. Thousands of folk have been to one or two away games. I would have thought that most of them would also go to almost all the home games but maybe not? I'm glad they brought in the points for home games system. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I was thinking more of one away game, and all ten home games or two aways and 8 of the home games. Thousands of folk have been to one or two away games. I would have thought that most of them would also go to almost all the home games but maybe not? I'm glad they brought in the points for home games system. 

Its much fairer than it used to be. It didnt seem right that people that went to home games got zilch as there was nothing to differentiate those that went to every home game and those that cherry picked. Also good now getting a point for renewing your membership. Loyalty doesn’t just mean getting pished in every country in Europe *.

Still feel sympathy for people who have to travel far for home games though. Not sure how that can realistically be addressed . 

Edited by TDYER63
* Edit to say its preferable !

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Of the last 10 away games there were a lot where it was easy to get a ticket, based on points were either quite far away and awkward to get to eg Georgia / Armenia / Turkey. The Austria friendly was by far the only easy and reasonably priced one. Im sure a lot of people now will be wishing they had attempted at least one of them!