Injury Watch - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

11 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Potentially great news, surely Carver wouldn't say it if he isn't close to a return.

Not only is Hickey well on his way to the very top but he can cover both sides so it would be a bit of a disaster. I think there is a difference between training and playing but I really hope he manages to get some games under his belt as it takes a long time to find form (Robertson, although he's older than Hickey, is still not back to his best, for example.

Hasn't Ryan Fraser has filled in at RWB on occasion? 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

Not only is Hickey well on his way to the very top but he can cover both sides so it would be a bit of a disaster. I think there is a difference between training and playing but I really hope he manages to get some games under his belt as it takes a long time to find form (Robertson, although he's older than Hickey, is still not back to his best, for example.

Hasn't Ryan Fraser has filled in at RWB on occasion? 

The fact he can cover both sides is invaluable. It essentially frees up a squad position because we won't need another left back. Surely that would mean Taylor won't be in the final 23. But Clarke does have a soft spot for him, so who knows. 

Hickey is fast becoming one of our best players. He'll soon be in the same bracket as Robbo, Tierney, McTominay and McGinn (in my opinion)

7 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Hickey is fast becoming one of our best players. He'll soon be in the same bracket as Robbo, Tierney, McTominay and McGinn (in my opinion)

I like Hickey, he lacks international experience but the only way he will get that is by gaining more caps.

Don't know if he still being tipped for a move from Brentford (?), but as long as he's fist pick that s good enough for me.

I remember him walloping  Rinaldo when Man U played at Brentford. 

Ferocious tackle and he played a blinder that day

image.png.8a688cb5c05e6efae54a919ff3a730fa.png

Edited by GroundsKeeper

48 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

I like Hickey, he lacks international experience but the only way he will get that is by gaining more caps.

Don't know if he still being tipped for a move from Brentford (?), but as long as he's fist pick that s good enough for me.

I remember him walloping  Rinaldo when Man U played at Brentford. 

Ferocious tackle and he played a blinder that day

image.png.8a688cb5c05e6efae54a919ff3a730fa.png

Pretty incredible that he is still only 21 but has played regularly in 3 countries and 14 times for Scotland. 

I think a big move is inevitable. But playing regularly for Brentford for a few years will do him no harm at all.

2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Pretty incredible that he is still only 21 but has played regularly in 3 countries and 14 times for Scotland. 

I think a big move is inevitable. But playing regularly for Brentford for a few years will do him no harm at all.

Pep Guardiola is suppose to be a big fan of Hickey, and has him on his shopping list as a future Man City player.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I thought he was at it. Looked like he couldn't be arsed right from the kick-off. 

I didn’t think he couldn’t be arsed. I just thought he was shite.

The big (only) bonus was Tierney. Not only did he play well, but more importantly looked back to full fitness. 

Ross Stewart back in training apparently. Even if he gets some games before the end of the season, I think it'll be too late for him, or any striker out there, to be selected aheas of Dykes, Adams and Shankland.

CalMac return also "imminent". Just waiting for good news about Hickey.

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As much as i love WBG amd think he is a quality player when the team is in posession, his defensive capabilities and physical presence worries me alot when out of possession so would be interesting to see someone like Ferguson in there and how the team looks

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ffs. So a month out and probably another month to get back into the Brighton starting 11 (Cos no doubt his replacement will play exceptionally well) leaving very little time to be match fit for the Euros. A bit of a concern 😟 

Edited by todd

3 hours ago, todd said:

Ffs. So a month out and probably another month to get back into the Brighton starting 11 (Cos no doubt his replacement will play exceptionally well) leaving very little time to be match fit for the Euros. A bit of a concern 😟 

The Brighton manager loves him these days, he's became somewhat of a gauranteed starter and their fans seem to love him too and agree.

He fits the Brighton team to a tee though and is the player that the team builds all the player through hence the love. 

10 hours ago, todd said:

Actually, in that post it says out 'for at least' a month. ☹️

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hopefully recovers in time from an injury I guess he got when he made the yellow-card tackle. It kind of makes me understand why people think the March international window is a daft one.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:58 PM, Tartan blood said:

Ross Stewart back in training apparently. Even if he gets some games before the end of the season, I think it'll be too late for him, or any striker out there, to be selected aheas of Dykes, Adams and Shankland.

CalMac return also "imminent". Just waiting for good news about Hickey.

Ross Stewart isn't going to happen just like Oli McBurnie. I don't even think he fancied Shankland but he became impossible to ignore. I must admit that I find it hard to understand his selections sometimes.

33 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

Ross Stewart isn't going to happen just like Oli McBurnie. I don't even think he fancied Shankland but he became impossible to ignore. I must admit that I find it hard to understand his selections sometimes.

Agree. I think there are players in the starting line up and the squad looking a bit too comfortable, relying on Clarke's loyalty. Need fresh blood to keep people on their toes if nothing else.

18 hours ago, bdgsct said:

Agree. I think there are players in the starting line up and the squad looking a bit too comfortable, relying on Clarke's loyalty. Need fresh blood to keep people on their toes if nothing else.

This is a major problem at the moment but I can understand the players' perspective: they're guaranteed starters and are at the business end of the domestic season. I'd put McGinn and Robertson in that category. Look what happened to Gilmour when he got stuck in. Ithink Dykes always tries hard but just lacks ability.

11 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

This is a major problem at the moment but I can understand the players' perspective: they're guaranteed starters and are at the business end of the domestic season. I'd put McGinn and Robertson in that category. Look what happened to Gilmour when he got stuck in. Ithink Dykes always tries hard but just lacks ability.

Wee billy got stuck into their player in the wrong way, it was a daft tackle to make in a friendly, let's hope he is back in time.

Posted from a fan yesterday on the Brentford forum .  It looks like we may be relying on a player who isn't match fit

IMG_20240401_214742.jpg

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Wee billy got stuck into their player in the wrong way, it was a daft tackle to make in a friendly, let's hope he is back in time.

Posted from a fan yesterday on the Brentford forum .  It looks like we may be relying on a player who isn't match fit

IMG_20240401_214742.jpg

Well I presume that would mean he would be fit for the two friendlies which he could use to get match sharp. The alternatives are a confidence shot to pieces Patterson or Tony Ralston.