Injury Watch - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

On 12/23/2023 at 2:08 AM, BryanBlessed said:

Bad news that as a run of form may have meant he'd force his way into Clarke's plans. Hopefully, Dykes and Adams come into some kind of form.

This is really disappointing for Stewart but reading what Russell Martin said, I would feel a lot of encouragement from my Manager and will look to repay that once this injury(s) are behind me. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/7/2024 at 5:54 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

Not Euro squad related but Dapo Mebude unfortunately in intensive care in Belgium following a serious car crash as reported within the last few hours.

Hopefully he can get through it and make a full recovery 

Oh no.  Very best wishes for the young lad.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn’t sure where to post but this seemed the most likely thread 

Taken from Newcastle World ➡️ 

Newcastle United summer signing Harvey Barnes looks to be closing in on a return to action after providing a teasing update on social media. 
Barnes, who joined from Leicester City in a deal worth £38million, has been sidelined since sustaining a toe injury during the 8-0 win at Sheffield United in September.
The winger was initially due to return in December but suffered a setback. United feared surgery might be required if the pain persisted but Barnes' latest update has offered hope that a comeback is just around the corner. 
Uploading to Instagram on Thursday morning, Barnes posted a photo from the club's Benton training ground of him wearing his boots with a full battery emoji, suggesting a return is close.

IMG_3701.jpeg

On 1/25/2024 at 12:53 PM, broraboy said:

Wasn’t sure where to post but this seemed the most likely thread 

Taken from Newcastle World ➡️ 

Newcastle United summer signing Harvey Barnes looks to be closing in on a return to action after providing a teasing update on social media. 
Barnes, who joined from Leicester City in a deal worth £38million, has been sidelined since sustaining a toe injury during the 8-0 win at Sheffield United in September.
The winger was initially due to return in December but suffered a setback. United feared surgery might be required if the pain persisted but Barnes' latest update has offered hope that a comeback is just around the corner. 
Uploading to Instagram on Thursday morning, Barnes posted a photo from the club's Benton training ground of him wearing his boots with a full battery emoji, suggesting a return is close.

IMG_3701.jpeg

Isn’t this a thread about injured Scottish players? 

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

Well the lad is as Scottish as - 

A.Gunn L.Cooper L.Dykes C.Adams J.Brown O.McBurnie 

I know it's difficult to measure 'Scottishness' but both of Dykes' parents are Scottish and so are Oli McBurnie's and we all know who Gunn's dad is. Barnes' maternal grandparents were Scottish so fair enough for the rest of them.  

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

Well the lad is as Scottish as - 

A.Gunn L.Cooper L.Dykes C.Adams J.Brown O.McBurnie 

You can criticise Ollie McBurnie on many things but not being commited to Scotland isn't one of them. Not being actually born in Scotland but having parents who are Scottish shouldn't be a problem. What shouldn't be happening is guys showing no interest in us and playing for other countries until they realise they ain't going to cut it then roll up to us and are suddenly Scottish. Anyway this is just going over old ground. Odd as it seems plenty don't have an issue with this. That is their perogative. End of. 

5 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Any news on Tierney? 

I read somewhere that they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they take scans of the injury to decipher the extent of the strain/tear/damage etc 

Fingers crossed it’s not too bad and that he’s not rushed back, as Real Sociedad’s other LB is also injured

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Half the board want him called up though.

Until he switches his allegiance to Scotland I’m not interested in his injury status. If others are then fair enough but it seems odd to me to include him in a thread about Scotland players when he doesn’t play for Scotland. 

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Until he switches his allegiance to Scotland I’m not interested in his injury status. If others are then fair enough but it seems odd to me to include him in a thread about Scotland players when he doesn’t play for Scotland. 

He isn't a Scotland player....and he never should be.

And all the others are Scottish 🤔 

Double Standards me thinks, when Ché Adams scored that goal against Denmark to secure that 2-0 Win, don’t tell me you’s didn’t celebrate?? 
It’s an argument that won’t concern any of of us! 
Only S.Clarke, H.Barnes and J.Carver can decide / resolve 

But the lad is a Player and if he pulls on the Dark Blue for Scotland then that’s good enough for me and many others 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

35 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Double Standards me thinks, when Ché Adams scored that goal against Denmark to secure that 2-0 Win, don’t tell me you’s didn’t celebrate?? 

But the lad is a Player and if he pulls on the Dark Blue for Scotland then that’s good enough for me and many others 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Fact of the matter is currently he is English. Wikipedia describes him as an English footballer and he has onlyever represented England. Until he comes out in the press and declares himself as Scottish or Clarke calls him up he surely remains English. After all do we then open this up to every player in football with Scottish roots even when they have chosen to represent another country?

38 minutes ago, broraboy said:

He should be nowhere near a Scotland shirt...becoming club football in International shirts.Where's the pride in that.Anyway to each their own but not for me.😩

2 hours ago, broraboy said:

The big difference is Barnes doesn’t want to play for Scotland (as far as we know) and has played for England at senior level. 

If he changes his mind and ends up playing for us I will support him the same way as I support all of our players but until that happens he does not play for Scotland and shouldn’t be regarded as a Scotland player. 

18 hours ago, thesaint said:

You can criticise Ollie McBurnie on many things but not being commited to Scotland isn't one of them. Not being actually born in Scotland but having parents who are Scottish shouldn't be a problem. What shouldn't be happening is guys showing no interest in us and playing for other countries until they realise they ain't going to cut it then roll up to us and are suddenly Scottish. Anyway this is just going over old ground. Odd as it seems plenty don't have an issue with this. That is their perogative. End of. 

I do understand how you feel about this but most of us just want us to win games which hopefully means feel good factors & months of having something to be excited about( tournament football🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🩷) 

I think lads that are born elsewhere to Scottish parents can grow up feeling Scottish if their parents want them to be but when it comes to grandparents they aren't Scottish & never will be but it doesn't mean they aren't proud to represent us. There's plenty of good examples of this & there will be plenty more in the future. Every country does it & when they play for that nation in a major tournament in front of a worldwide audience the people watching won't be thinking about how Scottish, English or German etc etc a particular player is.

In the future it's not inconceivable we might have 5 or 6 coloured guys starting for us( hopefully at least half of them both in Scotland)  then older people that know anything about our history or even just watched braveheart or outlander might find it a little funny but it's just the reality of the world we now live in, multiculturalism will/has even landed in Scotland 🩷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😊 

3 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I do understand how you feel about this but most of us just want us to win games which hopefully means feel good factors & months of having something to be excited about( tournament football🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🩷) 

I think lads that are born elsewhere to Scottish parents can grow up feeling Scottish if their parents want them to be but when it comes to grandparents they aren't Scottish & never will be but it doesn't mean they aren't proud to represent us. There's plenty of good examples of this & there will be plenty more in the future. Every country does it & when they play for that nation in a major tournament in front of a worldwide audience the people watching won't be thinking about how Scottish, English or German etc etc a particular player is.

In the future it's not inconceivable we might have 5 or 6 coloured guys starting for us( hopefully at least half of them both in Scotland)  then older people that know anything about our history or even just watched braveheart or outlander might find it a little funny but it's just the reality of the world we now live in, multiculturalism will/has even landed in Scotland 🩷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😊 

Coloured? Awrite grandad. 

4 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I think the most important thing is where you grow up so no problem. In reality, I doubt Dykes regards himself as anything but Australian but I get the impression that some of our players born and raised outside Scotland have had it drummed into them by family.

7 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Aye but some of the guys who you say are proud to represent us are only doing it as a second choice. There is no way playing for Scotland should ever be a second choice. 

From the BBC website, a bit of good news.

Scotland Under-21 forward Dapo Mebude says he is "gradually on the road to recovery and hopes to return soon" following his serious car crash.

The 22-year-old had surgery after reportedly having to be freed from his car by emergency services in Belgium.

London-born Mebude has played for KV Oostende since September 2022.

"I appreciate everyone's concern for me. I am happy I was able to leave the hospital and am gradually on the road to recovery," he said.

Injury Update on Kieran Tierney 

Kieran Tierney’s thigh injury is not as bad as first feared and the defender could return in time to feature in Real Sociedad’s Champions League last-16 tie with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 26-year-old, who is on loan from Arsenal, sustained the injury to his left thigh during his side’s 2-1 victory over Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey quarter-final earlier this month.

That sparked suggestions of a lengthy lay-off which could have even put his participation for Scotland at Euro 2024 this summer in doubt.

However, he is only expected to miss between two and three weeks with the two-legged tie with PSG seen as a realistic target for a comeback.

Tierney has been limited to 17 appearances in all competitions this season, after suffering a hamstring injury earlier in the campaign. The issue saw him miss almost two months.

In recent seasons, Tierney has been hampered by recurring injury issues and he underwent surgery on a knee injury in April 2022.

Tierney confirmed earlier this month that he would not be ending his loan spell early to return to Arsenal.

“Several people have asked me about this but the answer is no. I am definitely staying here (in January),” he told Spanish newspaper Noticias de Gipuzkoa:

“Arsenal fans are great, they always gave me a lot of support. During the four years I was there, I will always be grateful to the fans.”