Norway V Spain - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway V Spain

Craig Fae Hamilton

Norway v Spain, If it's not a Draw, who do we want to Win?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you had to choose between Spain or Norway winning, which would it be?

• Spain Win, Scotland will qualify and be in Pot 2 at the very best. Excluding Spain slipping up in their final fixtures. Which, they won't.
    • Norway Win, we only need a DRAW versus Georgia to automatically qualify. A Win and a Draw in our final 2 Games would mean we win the Group and be in Pot 1 or 2.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We want anything but a Norway win. Or at least I do. A draw would be ideal but it would be a nervy finish to the game for us. 

If Norway do win there is still no need to panic as it’s still in our hands and we would still have a good chance of winning the group.

A Norway win gives us the best chance of winning the group. Unfortunately it also gives the best chance of finishing 3rd. There is nothing we can do to influence the result anyway, so we might as well just enjoy it. 

Another thing to consider is that if it goes down to the last game, Norway have a free date just before they play us, whereas we will have had a long journey and a tough game in Georgia three days beforehand.  

27 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If Norway win in draw in Gerogia isn't enough.

If we lose in Georgia we must beat Norway if they beat Spain

No, we only need a draw against Norway no matter what else happens. Norway must win both games to catch us.

1 minute ago, Dillinger said:

Draw is massively my preference. 

If not then Spain win. I cannot fucking handle the nerves of Norway winning and our qualification being in further doubt. 

Ach, man up FFS. Let's go for the big prize. 😉 🤣 Let's win the group.

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

Draw is massively my preference. 

If not then Spain win. I cannot fucking handle the nerves of Norway winning and our qualification being in further doubt. 

Exactly my thinking. If we qualify tomorrow we (including the players) can all relax. 

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

That was the annoying thing about losing the 2nd goal the other night. There's no way we'll have a better GD with Spain if we both finish on 21pts.

Aye pain in the arse. McTominay’s goal standing would have been useful even if we had lost 2-1  

Just now, todd said:

The problem is uefa will do their best to make it more possible 

Paranoia. 

UEFA want Spain at Euro 2024 far more than they want Haaland there anyway. 

Spain missing out on Euro 2024 would cost UEFA millions in TV money. Haaland not being there will cost them about £8.99. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Paranoia. 

UEFA want Spain at Euro 2024 far more than they want Haaland there anyway. 

Spain missing out on Euro 2024 would cost UEFA millions in TV money. Haaland not being there will cost them about £8.99. 

Spain are pretty much certain to qualify even if they lose to Norway so that side is already taken care of.  Now they've just got to try and get the blonde diver there too

17 minutes ago, Marky said:

How long have you been watching football mate? It really doesn’t work that way. 

I know it doesn’t “work that way” but it’s a good indication surely? Spain are a good team and Norway are not. Which team is more likely to win? 

43 minutes ago, todd said:

Spain are pretty much certain to qualify even if they lose to Norway so that side is already taken care of.  Now they've just got to try and get the blonde diver there too

Surely you realise how ridiculous you sound? 

20 minutes ago, Marky said:

How long have you been watching football mate? It really doesn’t work that way. 

Not to mention they took their foot off the gas and substituted their best player ...