Estimated TA Seville - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Estimated TA Seville

wheres the pies

I don't really see the point in potentially 10k fans travelling without gaining any points (ok sure, some will be in with the home fans as always but not 10k), this is also assuming we get an official away allocation of 5k. Would you choose to spend that ££ to watch it in a Seville bar? I chose not to go to Norway as I couldn't get an official away ticket, to be in the home end would have been great granted, but it would have been a huge outlay given how pricey Oslo is for no points to show for it. I guess people might think differently from me, but why spend so much ££ when it doesn't help your points total? I watched the Norway game at home with a few pals and had a good time for a fraction of the price.

10 hours ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

I don't really see the point in potentially 10k fans travelling without gaining any points (ok sure, some will be in with the home fans as always but not 10k), this is also assuming we get an official away allocation of 5k. Would you choose to spend that ££ to watch it in a Seville bar? I chose not to go to Norway as I couldn't get an official away ticket, to be in the home end would have been great granted, but it would have been a huge outlay given how pricey Oslo is for no points to show for it. I guess people might think differently from me, but why spend so much ££ when it doesn't help your points total? I watched the Norway game at home with a few pals and had a good time for a fraction of the price.

People travel to away games to attend away games. Getting in to the match is all that matters. If you get points, great, but as long as you attend the game that’s all that matters. I had enough points for Norway but my laddie didn’t so we bought Norway end tickets. Ok, I missed out on two points, but that weekend will NEVER be topped* - my 50th away game, glorious weather, the absolute scenes at the goals and my laddie by my side. 

*It may be topped in Germany next year 😉

9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

People travel to away games to attend away games. Getting in to the match is all that matters. If you get points, great, but as long as you attend the game that’s all that matters. I had enough points for Norway but my laddie didn’t so we bought Norway end tickets. Ok, I missed out on two points, but that weekend will NEVER be topped* - my 50th away game, glorious weather, the absolute scenes at the goals and my laddie by my side. 

*It may be topped in Germany next year 😉

Yeah I get that folk want to attend the match in Seville and if they can't get an away ticket but can get home end tickets then fair enough, I was in with the Spanish in Alicante last time we played them away and been in the home end on plenty of occasions so I've done it myself.

I was thinking more of the folk with no tickets who choose to travel. Would be a good holiday and atmosphere at the very least if you don't manage to get to the match. I think I would personally choose to stay at home and save some cash and go to another away game where I got into the stadium, just my view.

*It will be topped in Germany next year 😉

18 hours ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

We didn’t have many away tickets in Paris 2007. 

It’s not about the points. Lots of people go that aren’t even in the SSC. 

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

We’re rather industrial when comes to getting tickets for away games was in the travel club for years not it at the moment 5 of us going to Seville with no tickets there’s always tickets on the go got tickets in Alicante 

15 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Myself and a mate included.  Will be our 5th trip since the Germany away game loss with Anya scoring 9 years ago.  Home end tickets this time again, hopefully won't have a problem getting near the TA section

8 hours ago, lyonhibs said:

Myself and a mate included.  Will be our 5th trip since the Germany away game loss with Anya scoring 9 years ago.  Home end tickets this time again, hopefully won't have a problem getting near the TA section

How did you get your tickets mate ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 7:00 PM, AlfieMoon said:

I bought home end tickets as the away tickets we were offered were €80. Which in 2007 was an absolute fortune to me.

Home end was like an away end anyway.

J

13 hours ago, carrumanu said:

With an allocation of nearly 4000 for home Scottish fans. Surely there are another 4000 or 5000 Scots living in Benidorm, Torrevieja, Malaga, Torremolinos and the Costas that can easily buy tickets online and can go. I'm travelling from Madrid.

Loads like me not living in Spain got home end tickets. Also heard from a mate who booked a holiday in Benalmadena a while back who got tickets locally and is getting a bus from a local bar to Seville. 

The anthems were awesome in Paris...Flower of Scotland being bellowed out all around the ground which was the first idea we had of the sheer numbers of TA there, then the who whole TA joined in Le Marseillaise, but singing the tune rather than the words..😂

After the match as well, TA the whole way around the ground. A bit like St Etienne in '98 when the ground emptied but 20,000? TA remained