League Cup 23-24 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Hearing a Hibs fan passed away outside the ground tonight. 

Brings it all into perspective, absolutely tragic news 😢

Seen a guy getting treatment on the road to Mount Florida train station, copper running down wi a defib 😪

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Surely this cant be true, ive just read on another forum...... hearts have never beaten rangers at hampden?

They won the cup v Rangers in 96?98?

Mibee that was at parkheid

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That penalty for rangers was soft as baby shite 😆 

GK error. You either come and get the ball 1st or come and stop long before the player. The angle wasnt great and Danillo would have been taking it wider.

Also didnt cover himself in glory for the Wright goal.

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

A GK error doesnt equal penalty.  

It does when a GK comes for the ball and doesnt get it. These situations almost always fall on who gets to the ball 1st. In this case Danillo got there 1st, Clarkes momentum takes him into Danillo who already knows his job is done and the old legs collapsing trick can be done. 

A better GK just allows Danillo to take the touch which then leaves him so much to do to try and score.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

It does when a GK comes for the ball and doesnt get it. These situations almost always fall on who gets to the ball 1st. In this case Danillo got there 1st, Clarkes momentum takes him into Danillo who already knows his job is done and the old legs collapsing trick can be done. 

A better GK just allows Danillo to take the touch which then leaves him so much to do to try and score.

Danilo was already on the way down when contact was made. The collision could have been avoided if danilo wanted. 

Duk tries this all the time too. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but its not a penalty in my opinion.

The more depressing fact here is that the ref couldn't wait to give it but at the other end the instinct from the ref was to produce a card against Kingsley. Thankfully VAR did its job that time

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Danilo was already on the way down when contact was made. The collision could have been avoided if danilo wanted. 

Duk tries this all the time too. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but its not a penalty in my opinion.

The more depressing fact here is that the ref couldn't wait to give it but at the other end the instinct from the ref was to produce a card against Kingsley. Thankfully VAR did its job that time

Danilo did what any player would have done. Hardly news. It was a pen. The ref saved VAR a job as they would have given it also. Its not even debatable. 

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The attacking player doesnt need to avoid the contact. Why should he. He got to the ball 1st and the GK then made contact with him. It was an easy decison for the ref to make. If he goes down / collapses his legs and the GK doesnt commit to the tackle then its a dive and the penalty isnt awarded.

The Hearts one is different for a number of reasons, mainly its not as obvious. Its a crowded penalty box with 2 players going for the ball in close quarters and the ref wouldnt have had such a clear view as the Danillo one. 

At the time I didnt think it was a dive or a penalty. However once its went to VAR I think they have to give the penalty because they have to overturn the yellow card. Just my opinion but if nothing was given, ie a goal kick then I dont think VAR over rules and awards a penalty.

I do think the ref was too keen to give the booking though. Personally I think yellows for diving should only be given when its really obvious.

I dont actually know who the ref was because I dont give any real weight to refs favouring one OF team or another. I do think the OF get more than their fair share of decisions against the other sides however thats the same across the world unfortunetly.