Europe 23/24 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We are utterly abysmal. The worst Rangers team I’ve seen in a long, long time. And I’ve seen a Rangers team with Kevin Kyle in it!! I just want a bag of cans and 2020/21 back!!Β 

The early to mid 80s were really bad - Billy Urquhart and Beastie McAdam bad

Just found out Colin passed away in 2013 only 61

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Kevin Thomson. Usually quite like him but he’s been murder tonight.Β 

Only left the Hibernians for Rangers so his mum could quit her part time job apparently, wank of the highest

Edited by dan cake

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The early to mid 80s were really bad - Billy Urquhart and Beastie McAdam bad

Just found out Colin passed away in 2013 only 61

Some of those guys just weren't very good whereas present team is not just not very good (apologies for the double negative) but absolutely spineless as well.

VarΒ 

22 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

What the fuck is VAR doing at Pittodrie? Duk got an elbow smash to the side of his head. No check? Clear red card.Β 

VAR is becoming a total farce. The assault on the Aberdeen guy was a) blindingly obvious and b) shocking.Β 

Wtf are these guys in VAR looking at ? Are they looking at all ,?Β 

Β 

Joke

Just now, mariokempes said:

VarΒ 

VAR is becoming a total farce. The assault on the Aberdeen guy was a) blindingly obvious and b) shocking.Β 

Wtf are these guys in VAR looking at ? Are they looking at all ,?Β 

Β 

Joke

These clowns in the studio downplayed the assault.Β  Gimme a break.Β 

25 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

What the fuck is VAR doing at Pittodrie? Duk got an elbow smash to the side of his head. No check? Clear red card.Β 

Was more of a collision than an intentional elbow, I think it merited a yellow but VAR can't give them.

Β 

This referee should never be in charge of a European group game.Β 

God knows why the HJK manager is complaining, he deserved his booking and his team are very lucky to have 11 men on the park.Β 

Disappointing to only get a draw tonight, we are arguably the worst side in the group and I feel we needed a win tonight if we are going to do anything more than finish bottom but it wasn't to be.

If I'm looking for silver lining I guess I can say the dons haven't disgraced themselves in any of the European matches so far.

Having watch non OF teams in Europe in recent years there is something that always stands out. Regardless of the level of opposition they really struggle to break teams down and create chances. So often our sides appear to be on top in games and somehow end up losing a goal. Even tonight, Aberdeen were totally on top but their goal came from a defensive mistake.

An easy reason would be to say that its the standard of attacking players however I dont think thats the case. I believe that the style of football in Scotland is so different that teams simply cant adjust. By that I mean that if you want most non OF games in Scotland they tend to be quite high paced, combative and this ends up leaving spaces that are exploited to score goals. The minute teams dont play that style our teams have no idea what to do.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Having watch non OF teams in Europe in recent years there is something that always stands out. Regardless of the level of opposition they really struggle to break teams down and create chances. So often our sides appear to be on top in games and somehow end up losing a goal. Even tonight, Aberdeen were totally on top but their goal came from a defensive mistake.

An easy reason would be to say that its the standard of attacking players however I dont think thats the case. I believe that the style of football in Scotland is so different that teams simply cant adjust. By that I mean that if you want most non OF games in Scotland they tend to be quite high paced, combative and this ends up leaving spaces that are exploited to score goals. The minute teams dont play that style our teams have no idea what to do.

Aberdeen created chances, if we had least seasons Duk we win that match last night. Duk is better than he was 3 weeks ago but he's still not up to the standards he set last season and he really needs to stop play acting.Β 

Last night wasn't a disaster but its wasn't good enough either.Β Β 

Another plus was Barron, one of our few Scots is like a player reborn.

@ParklifeΒ I don't know how you can cope engaging with some of those posters on afc chat. I had a read of the game thread this morning, Some right miserable cunts on there πŸ˜ƒ some decent posters but they're a dying breed on thereΒ 

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Was more of a collision than an intentional elbow, I think it merited a yellow but VAR can't give them.

Β 

Leading with an elbow can be considered as dangerous play even.if not intentional. He should've been sent off.

End of/FACT (copyright the canadian tim)

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I think Thomson was just upset because his beloved rangers were losing and that's not supposed to happenΒ πŸ˜€

He sounded like he was on suicide watch from kick off. Watching this Rangers side regularly will do that to you to be fair.Β 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He sounded like he was on suicide watch from kick off. Watching this Rangers side regularly will do that to you to be fair.Β 

The front two and the two wingers are up there with the worst I've seen at rangers in my life time

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The front two and the two wingers are up there with the worst I've seen at rangers in my life time

Sima was the only outfield player to get pass marks last night, and probably for the last few games. I think he might be decent in a better team. Lammers and Dessers look like they’ve won a competition.Β