Europe 23/24 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent results this week from the Scottish clubs. Especially Hearts and Hibs. 

All 3 will go into the final play off round as underdogs but its nice to be talking about possibilities in Europe rather than how embarrassing we are.

I think both Hearts and Rangers are at home 1st which I dont think suits them. Hopefully a win that they can defend and hit on the counter.

Hibs have very little chance but mist surely be a full house, good TV money and maybe have some good moments in the tie.

19 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Hibs have very little chance but mist surely be a full house, good TV money and maybe have some good moments in the tie.

Hibs rumoured to have spent up to 700 grand on the Vente deal this summer, meanwhile Villa spent 88 million on two players. Double figures over 2 legs if they play their strongest team in both games 😳

4 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hibs rumoured to have spent up to 700 grand on the Vente deal this summer, meanwhile Villa spent 88 million on two players. Double figures over 2 legs if they play their strongest team in both games 😳

Hibs look like they will conceede loads of goals this season but these battle of Britain matches are rarely as wide as they should be on paper. See Liverpool / Hearts. Aberdeen / Burnley etc

Im assumming with Hearts playing at home 1st then Hibs will be away 1st? 

This is a tie where it would be good for Hibs to play at home 1st and try and feed off the crowd.

8 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

See Liverpool / Hearts. Aberdeen / Burnley etc

Im assumming with Hearts playing at home 1st then Hibs will be away 1st? 

This is a tie where it would be good for Hibs to play at home 1st and try and feed off the crowd.

See hertz / Tottenham 🤷‍♂️

Hibs are at home to Villa next week rumoured to be getting moved forward to Wednesday tho

4 minutes ago, dan cake said:

See hertz / Tottenham 🤷‍♂️

Hibs are at home to Villa next week rumoured to be getting moved forward to Wednesday tho

Could be a thumping for Hibs. I sincerely hope I'm wrong tho. Spend a lot of time in England listening to twats bad mouthing Scottish football despite constantly pointing out the difference in finances. 

Two great results from the Embra lot last night 👏 

I watched the jambos game and they did really well after a horror start and 15 minutes of hoofball! Once they recovered their composure they looked well capable although I thought they were going to baws it after Boyce went off.

Obviously the Villa tie is almost certainly unwiinnable for Hibs but it should be a gid money spinner for them. The jambos will have a chance against PAOK but I don’t fancy them away in the heat of the 2nd leg unless they can smash it at Tynecastle 👍

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Two great results from the Embra lot last night 👏 

I watched the jambos game and they did really well after a horror start and 15 minutes of hoofball! Once they recovered their composure they looked well capable although I thought they were going to baws it after Boyce went off.

Obviously the Villa tie is almost certainly unwiinnable for Hibs but it should be a gid money spinner for them. The jambos will have a chance against PAOK but I don’t fancy them away in the heat of the 2nd leg unless they can smash it at Tynecastle 👍

Next week is one of  the biggest weeks for scottish clubs in europe in a long time. 4 clubs in the final playoff round, I can;t remember this happening before so its an improvement albeit a tiny improvement on previous seasons. 

Aberdeen cannot pass up this opportunity, Bracken have improved since Aberdeen humped them a couple of years ago but this was the most favourable draw Aberdeen could hope for. 

Hibs - I know its Villa and they are a massive club but will they be taking it seriously? Burnley finished in the same position as Villa to qualify for Europe and they craped past Aberdeen.

Hearts - Again a great chance for them IMO. Its all about how well they do over there because I think they will win narrowly at home

13 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Could be a thumping for Hibs. I sincerely hope I'm wrong tho. Spend a lot of time in England listening to twats bad mouthing Scottish football despite constantly pointing out the difference in finances. 

The English absolutely are fuckin arrogant twats. I would love to see Hibs knock these cnuts oot, or atleast beat them at hame... I support Celtic, but come on the Hibbees, intae thum !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The English absolutely are fuckin arrogant twats. I would love to see Hibs knock these cnuts oot, or atleast beat them at hame... I support Celtic, but come on the Hibbees, intae thum !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I support Rangers but I think we'll all be Hibees against Villa (with the obvious exception of their city rivals).

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Next week is one of  the biggest weeks for scottish clubs in europe in a long time. 4 clubs in the final playoff round, I can;t remember this happening before so its an improvement albeit a tiny improvement on previous seasons. 

Aberdeen cannot pass up this opportunity, Bracken have improved since Aberdeen humped them a couple of years ago but this was the most favourable draw Aberdeen could hope for. 

Hibs - I know its Villa and they are a massive club but will they be taking it seriously? Burnley finished in the same position as Villa to qualify for Europe and they craped past Aberdeen.

Hearts - Again a great chance for them IMO. Its all about how well they do over there because I think they will win narrowly at home

This is the first season ever that our “big 5” - Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs - have all played in Europe in the same season. It’s also the first season we’ve ever still had 5 teams competing by the play off rounds. The most teams we’ve ever had in the group stages is 3 which we’re guaranteed to at least match again this time round so would be good if at least one of Hibs/Hearts can qualify and get that to 4.  

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I see Rangers match is on TNT. I assume they have the rights from the CL playoff onwards

I can't see anything online about the other 3 teams matches being televised. Anyone have any info?

Hibernian v Aston Villa is live on the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001q7jc

Thought Villa looked tremendous yesterday, Hibs will have their work cut out!

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m going to guess it’s thinly veiled nod to the Billy Boys but I’ve no idea. 

The person the character was based on was William poole, an extremely racist anti catholic from new york 🤣