Season 23/24 - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baffling how hearts can go from so pathetic and spineless against Rangers last weekend to this today. Also baffling how Celtic can go from that performance on Wednesday against Dundee to this today.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

13 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Baffling how hearts can go from so pathetic and spineless against Rangers last weekend to this today. Also baffling how Celtic can go from that performance on Wednesday against Dundee to this today.

We are toothless...Brendan can get to fuck !!! As can VAR and brother Beaton !!!

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We are toothless...Brendan can get to fuck !!! As can VAR and brother Beaton !!!

Very poor in final third. Has been like that all season. Just when you think a corner has been turned its back to this again.

I call Naismith’s integrity into question though. That performance against Rangers was pathetic but today you can see what they’re capable of when they bust a gut.

As for VAR - it’s sh1t no matter who you support. It’s totally fkd the game up.

17 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Rangers scoring in the 2nd minute played a big part. Getting the 1st goal early as the OF quite often takes the life out of the opposition.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rangers scoring in the 2nd minute played a big part. Getting the 1st goal early as the OF quite often takes the life out of the opposition.

Sometimes yes. But no question they lay down last weekend. At best they just gave up.

This win will mean far more to Naismith as a Rangers fan than as Hearts manager for sure.

As for Celtic there are serious questions to be asked regarding mentality and commitment. The players should be good enough but they haven’t all got the stomach for a battle as we’ve seen numerous times this season. However the title race ends up the is season a mass clear out is needed come the end of May.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

18 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Very poor in final third. Has been like that all season. Just when you think a corner has been turned its back to this again.

I call Naismith’s integrity into question though. That performance against Rangers was pathetic but today you can see what they’re capable of when they bust a gut.

We'll put mate..👍

15 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Sometimes yes. But no question they lay down last weekend. At best they just gave up.

This win will mean far more to Naismith as a Rangers fan than as Hearts manager for sure.

As for Celtic there are serious questions to be asked regarding mentality and commitment. The players should be good enough but they haven’t all got the stomach for a battle as we’ve seen numerous times this season. However the title race ends up the is season a mass clear out is needed come the end of May.

🤣

Are you trying to out Ramy Big Ramy? 🤣

Did Dundee just lie down to Celtic last week? 

4 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Reffing/var an absolute shambles again. Hearts being so shite against rangers questionable as well 

First of all Celtic were dire today let me just make that clear.

But VAR completely ruined the game and although there were diabolical decisions against both teams those against Celtic seemed to have more impact on the outcome.

Something needs done because the standard of officiating is utterly atrocious and VAR is supposed to be helping make it better but is actually making it worse and causing more influence on the outcome of games than we ever saw before its introduction.

As for Hearts performance today, if I were a Jambo I’d be furious that they can be so insipid last week against their manager’s favourite team and so good this week against the side he hates. Of course in understand that you can be poor one week and play well the next, but something really stinks when you look at the chasm between those two performance levels.

Just now, Orraloon said:

🤣

Are you trying to out Ramy Big Ramy? 🤣

Did Dundee just lie down to Celtic last week? 

I haven’t seen Dundee turn in a performance this season like Hearts did today. The difference between last week and this was massive. Just a coincidence that Naismith is a Rangers fan…

2 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I haven’t seen Dundee turn in a performance this season like Hearts did today. The difference between last week and this was massive. Just a coincidence that Naismith is a Rangers fan…

You do realise that Naismith wasn't actually playing today, don't you? Or, last week.

Edited by Orraloon

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Rangers turned in their best league performance in the last couple of seasons against Hearts and they scored early.

You're mental if you think Naismith set his team out not to try lol

14 minutes ago, Mitre said:

Rangers turned in their best league performance in the last couple of seasons against Hearts and they scored early.

You're mental if you think Naismith set his team out not to try lol

They clearly didn’t try. They were pathetic.

Both penalties awarded in that match this afternoon were poor. The red card was justified though. It was a cowardly option from the Celtic player. Having directed the ball upwards off his chest he had to meet the challenge of the Hearts player by going to head it, instead he made a split second decision to raise his foot almost 6 feet off the ground. Can have no complaints.

It spoiled the game from a neutral perspective. I know that lad Idah has been on the score sheet a few times for Celtic and granted today was the first time I'd seen him as I don't watch much Premiership but I thought he was absolutely honking. Imagine starting him over Kyogo.

24 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

First of all Celtic were dire today let me just make that clear.

But VAR completely ruined the game and although there were diabolical decisions against both teams those against Celtic seemed to have more impact on the outcome.

Something needs done because the standard of officiating is utterly atrocious and VAR is supposed to be helping make it better but is actually making it worse and causing more influence on the outcome of games than we ever saw before its introduction.

As for Hearts performance today, if I were a Jambo I’d be furious that they can be so insipid last week against their manager’s favourite team and so good this week against the side he hates. Of course in understand that you can be poor one week and play well the next, but something really stinks when you look at the chasm between those two performance levels.

I agree.  VAR was a shambles for the Celtic penalty, but the red is a certainty.  I'd be calling Robertson into question for getting both wrong.

Idah offside - clear, call it earlier.

Pen - clear handball. 

Rodgers is being a wank in his post match, he's a weapon and is a face you'd love to slap.  HHGH.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

😂