Season 23/24 - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

6 more aways in the next 7 (the only home game v Rangers)! Minor miracle if he survives that, needs to improve on the awful hoofball nonsense at the very least even if results don't immediately improve.

The turnaround is insane since last season. The feel good factor is dead within the first three months of the season.

He clearly doesn't trust most of rhe players on the bench, players I'm sure he had a hand in signing. The subs are so predictable as are the tactics.

Robson isn't going to go far in management if he just stick to the same game plan every week. 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Rangers scum fans up to no good as usual. When will the SFA man the fuck up and massively fine them, points deductions etc They shouldn't be allowed to enter grounds.

Why was kick off delayed?

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Why was kick off delayed?

Rangers bus was late. Its not like the roadworks have been going on for weeks.

Now the player are off the pitch due to the scum setting off hundreds of flares. 

Edited by kumnio

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Rangers bus was late. Its not like the roadworks have been going on for weeks.

Now the player are off the pitch due to the scum setting off hundreds of flares. 

A fine for causing the delay & away fans banned for rest of season 👍

20 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Rangers scum fans up to no good as usual. When will the SFA man the fuck up and massively fine them, points deductions etc They shouldn't be allowed to enter grounds.

No doubt there’ll be a Daily Record pull out with CCTV images of the culprits and phone line for grassing 🤔

Edited by dan cake

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

How can that 4th Rangers goal possibly stand, surely it has to be a drop ball? The standard of our referees really is horrendous. 

Law 9 of the FIFA Laws of the Game state:

Ball Out of Play

The ball is out of play when:

• it has wholly crossed the goal line or touch line whether on the ground or in the air

• play has been stopped by the referee

Ball In Play

The ball is in play at all other times, including when:

• it rebounds off a goalpost, crossbar or corner flagpost and remains in the field of play

• it rebounds off either the referee

There's no rule for this, so no obligation for a drop ball.  

9 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Law 9 of the FIFA Laws of the Game state:

Ball Out of Play

The ball is out of play when:

• it has wholly crossed the goal line or touch line whether on the ground or in the air

• play has been stopped by the referee

Ball In Play

The ball is in play at all other times, including when:

• it rebounds off a goalpost, crossbar or corner flagpost and remains in the field of play

• it rebounds off either the referee

There's no rule for this, so no obligation for a drop ball.  

👍👍👍

I enjoyed last night even though it ended up being a bit of a struggle. The atmosphere was decent despite the notable absentees and definitely helped by a sizeable away support and a competitive game.

Positives were Holm looks a very good player and if Yang can sharpen up his end product he’s definitely got the makings of a major asset, especially in games like that. On the flip side Forrest is done and should not be featuring ahead of any of the other options even Vata. Philips is a fuckin cart horse and one of those EPL myths. How he’s managed to hang about Anfield as long is a mystery to me.

Brendan needs to rotate a bit more and I thought that on Saturday as well. Some tired legs in both starting line ups against Saints and Hibs. If St Mirren can avoid major injury problems they’ll have a shot at 3rd but I don’t think they’ll get it, more likely 4th or 5th I think.

24 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

BBS Scotland understatement of the year ffs, why don’t they just say it’s allowed because of Halloween & the police & referee overreacted by taking the players off.

IMG_2183.png

The bbc would be banned from ibrox If they said anything worse. 

47 minutes ago, slasher said:

I enjoyed last night even though it ended up being a bit of a struggle. The atmosphere was decent despite the notable absentees and definitely helped by a sizeable away support and a competitive game.

Positives were Holm looks a very good player and if Yang can sharpen up his end product he’s definitely got the makings of a major asset, especially in games like that. On the flip side Forrest is done and should not be featuring ahead of any of the other options even Vata. Philips is a fuckin cart horse and one of those EPL myths. How he’s managed to hang about Anfield as long is a mystery to me.

Brendan needs to rotate a bit more and I thought that on Saturday as well. Some tired legs in both starting line ups against Saints and Hibs. If St Mirren can avoid major injury problems they’ll have a shot at 3rd but I don’t think they’ll get it, more likely 4th or 5th I think.

I wonder how much Rodgers will want to be active in January as there seems to be a huge drop off from 1st 11. Scales has impressed me but im not sure if he is a good player or just in good form.

Agree about Forrest. Seems to have lost the ability to go past a player. 

Celtic's style has returned to what it was under Rodgers 1st time around. Said a few months back that last time they relied alot more on individual players. For example the number of times a game was tight before Sinclair scored or got a penalty etc and then they went onto win comfortably. Problem is they dont have many players of that style who reguarly produce big individual moments. Ange was more about high tempo from the entire team which to an extent relied less on individual ability.

They are few and far between but could really do with a top number 10

I didn't see all of the dons match, saw the first two goals. By all accounts that was a different team and style of play. 

It looked like the players are finally getting how Robson wants to play, well that's my interpretation of it anyway. If you read afc chat you would think Robson wants to play long ball every week. 

Dropping Duk was a very good move and it paid off because he came on and scored. He gets a warning that nobody is undroppabl and his confidence is boosted by the goal he scores. Win win