Retirement...... - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Yalllllllllldy!!! Got the job.... Ramy, Arts@ Crafts gaffer !!! They even gave me a vest and a name tag 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20230830_173534820.jpg

😂 well done Ramy. You will be great with the punters . It looks a big store,  it should keep you busy. You will be chucking that name badge away in no time and embroidering ‘ Big Ramy ‘67 ‘ on the vest in the finest green and white darning thread. 

Are you interested in Arts and Crafts or is it just a job to keep you busy ? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 well done Ramy. You will be great with the punters . It looks a big store,  it should keep you busy. You will be chucking that name badge away in no time and embroidering ‘ Big Ramy ‘67 ‘ on the vest in the finest green and white darning thread. 

Are you interested in Arts and Crafts or is it just a job to keep you busy ? 

Jesus Christ, they gave me a mic!!!! I feel like I am a VAR attendant. Grassing all the customers, being the Big Man !!!! That's them fucked now that they mic'd me up...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20230907_001132576.MP.jpg

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Jesus Christ, they gave me a mic!!!! I feel like I am a VAR attendant. Grassing all the customers, being the Big Man !!!! That's them fucked now that they mic'd me up...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😂😂 

25% OFF !

25% OFF ALL WOOL TODAY FOLKS ! 

GET THOSE KNITTING NEEDLES CLICKING FOR THE WINTER! 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are these shelves really high, Ramy, or...

On 9/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How is the job going @Big Ramy 1314? You caught any shoplifters yet ? These type of shops are a magnet for shop lifting as they sell so much small stuff.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

How is the job going @Big Ramy 1314? You caught any shoplifters yet ? These type of shops are a magnet for shop lifting as they sell so much small stuff.

Job is fantastic, quite enjoying it TD. I am in the framing department now. I am getting quite good at designing frames on the computer. I deal with customers all day long. Have not battered anybody or told anyone to fuck off yet... It's actually quite good for my temperament. I have anger issues, always have, not ma fault, just is what it is. Mrs.Ramy gets a 30% discount in the store, she is in every second day buying crafts, candles, pillows, now she is after the Christmas gear.. Doin ma heid in....🤣🤣🤣🤣

On a more serious note, I am going to have to find a way to write off stuff as I have 2 incomes now, the taxman gonnae hammer me. My wife is designing a business website for me as I Bagpipe weddings, funerals, etc. I can use this to write off some of my expenses and claim it when I do my yearly taxes.. Fucking government dissnae miss a trick over here in Canada the bastards.... Other than that, I am enjoying retirement and my part time job as an Artist.....😂💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Job is fantastic, quite enjoying it TD. I am in the framing department now. I am getting quite good at designing frames on the computer. I deal with customers all day long. Have not battered anybody or told anyone to fuck off yet... It's actually quite good for my temperament. I have anger issues, always have, not ma fault, just is what it is. Mrs.Ramy gets a 30% discount in the store, she is in every second day buying crafts, candles, pillows, now she is after the Christmas gear.. Doin ma heid in....🤣🤣🤣🤣

😂 I am glad to hear you have resisted the temptation to knock someone out , pretty sure that is up there with ‘the customer is always right’ on ‘Michael’s ‘ customer service charter. . 
I mean , how angry can you get designing a picture frame ?  Try travelling on Scotrail with a heavy handbag.

You should design a special frame for Mrs Ramys xmas and put a nice picture of you both in it. 

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

Has anyone tried dropping a day or two and gone down the partial retirement route working a 3 or 4 day week? 
This is an option for me, I just don’t know that it’s a particularly good one financially.

I start 3 days a week in January. I wanted to stop completely but Mr T said I spend too much money on shite so have compromised on 3 days. He is going to go part time too and we are going to try and , for a year, live on the pension we would be living on if we weren’t working. If we can survive will be chucking it completely at end of next year.

I am a few years older than you though I think.,I dont think I would have dropped my hours until i was  60 , but it just depends on your lifestyle, what you can afford, and what you are happy to potentially sacrifice. 

33 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I start 3 days a week in January. I wanted to stop completely but Mr T said I spend too much money on shite so have compromised on 3 days. He is going to go part time too and we are going to try and , for a year, live on the pension we would be living on if we weren’t working. If we can survive will be chucking it completely at end of next year.

I am a few years older than you though I think.,I dont think I would have dropped my hours until i was  60 , but it just depends on your lifestyle, what you can afford, and what you are happy to potentially sacrifice. 

At the moment I’m just daydreaming Tidy, as you know I have two very expensive daughters to put through uni. At the moment I’m thinking I could maybe drop a day in 4 years when I’m 60. Of course all bets are off if redundancies come up!

To be honest your experience could be a good barometer for me so let me know how you go!

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I am glad to hear you have resisted the temptation to knock someone out , pretty sure that is up there with ‘the customer is always right’ on ‘Michael’s ‘ customer service charter. . 
I mean , how angry can you get designing a picture frame ?  Try travelling on Scotrail with a heavy handbag.

You should design a special frame for Mrs Ramys xmas and put a nice picture of you both in it. 

I'm not sure if Ramy has many pictures of himself to use ?  😃

Could use a picture of retired Australian cricketer David Boone instead? 😁

David Boon Profile - Cricket Player Australia | Stats ...image.jpeg.b0f057a65ce6c36b042c59d53fcb01f1.jpeg