Tickets - Page 6 - Norway v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

adamntg

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Folk then say but it's only the far flung/unattractive games that allow you to do that. No shit Sherlock. I went to Vienna when i was struggling with hols as i knew it would get me further up the line when it came to these qualifiers then hopefully the Euros. I try and keep my points at 10 homes and 4/5 out the last 10 aways at least. I've never been one to go to every away game, apart from when in my early 20s but fair play to those that do. They deserved tickets ahead of me at games when i've lost out. 

There's plenty of games that will go to zero points. Spain away for example never will. 

The current system is as fair as it can be. 

I totally agree the system is as fair as it can be.  The only thing i would change is 100% collection on day of the game or day before to stop the harvesting.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mushet84 said:

I totally agree the system is as fair as it can be.  The only thing i would change is 100% collection on day of the game or day before to stop the harvesting.

"Lesser" matches should regularly have 100% collections (not the likes of Spain away).

France away will be an easy one to build up points. Close by and it'll more than likely go very low down in points given it's days after Spain away. 

Yip, but sadly not one I will be able to make. I’m over in France for the Rugby World Cup (three trips in 4 weeks) and want to go to the Spain game. No way I could go back to France for a midweek friendly.

Choices and all that.

J

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Spain will go down to low-pointers if they select one of the big stadiums in Seville, won't it?

You’d have thought so. Both stadiums in Seville are massive. Just need the game to be in Seville.

J

Ach, it's small margins too sometimes.

I dithered between the Faroes or Moldova in 2021 & chose the latter as I went to the former in 2007. Missed out on a ticket because of the allocation.

From the last 10 away games, I've been to Moldova, Austria, Ireland & Ukraine (Krakow). Because I missed out on the points for Moldova, I narrowly missed out on a ticket for Ukraine too. And because of that, I also missed out on a ticket for Oslo (although I pre-empted that & bought a home end ticket weeks ago).

Prior to that wee run, I'd been to over 30 away games with a Scotland end ticket every single time.

In an alternative reality, I chose to go to the Faroes over Moldova, got Scotland end tickets for Krakow & Oslo, and wound up with a good few more points than I currently do.

The SSC has its flaws but the points system isn't one of them for me - it's an easy target but it's as fair a system as you can get. I'll be in the home end in Oslo because I picked the wrong trip in 2021, not because of an unfair system.

Edited by Easy_1967

I've done Cyprus, England (euros), Moldova (home end), Austria (friendly) & ireland, only got 17 points cause the england and moldova ones didn't count - missed out on a Norway ticket along with my pals who are on 16 points each so we'll be outside the ground trying to get a spare

also noticed that there seems to be scotland end tickets listed here for £250 each on https://ticket4football.com/euro-2024/norway-vs-scotland-euro-2024-tickets/132652

so the harvesters must have got some

6 minutes ago, Loganduff6 said:

I've done Cyprus, England (euros), Moldova (home end), Austria (friendly) & ireland, only got 17 points cause the england and moldova ones didn't count - missed out on a Norway ticket along with my pals who are on 16 points each so we'll be outside the ground trying to get a spare

also noticed that there seems to be scotland end tickets listed here for £250 each on https://ticket4football.com/euro-2024/norway-vs-scotland-euro-2024-tickets/132652

so the harvesters must have got some

Surely can't be in the Scotland section. Just behind the same goals.

9 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I’m reading all these posts saying how the system isn’t unfair.  I’m not seeing anyone saying it’s not fair.  Frustrating, aye, but that’s down to tiny allocations, but it’s clearly fair. 

yeah i wasn't trying to say it's unfair, just think it's frustrating that in cases like moldova where the stadium was more than half empty the SFA should've had our back and asked for more tickets so this situation wouldn't occur,  the euros games should've also counted but thats an argument for a different day i suppose, i'm still hopeful of getting a ticket over there be it home end or not

8 minutes ago, Loganduff6 said:

yeah i wasn't trying to say it's unfair, just think it's frustrating that in cases like moldova where the stadium was more than half empty the SFA should've had our back and asked for more tickets so this situation wouldn't occur,  the euros games should've also counted but thats an argument for a different day i suppose, i'm still hopeful of getting a ticket over there be it home end or not

As much as they have their faults, i refuse to believe the SFA were happy with under 300 tickets for Moldova. 

8 minutes ago, Loganduff6 said:

the euros games should've also counted but thats an argument for a different day

i  was at all 3 and i don't think they should have. 

Those who got tickets were incredibly lucky to do so (i know i felt that way). 

Plus, major tournaments have never counted towards points. 

Surely nobody can argue with that? Although some folk will argue about anything. 😉 It's the first tournament we have got to since the points system was introduced. 😂

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Did the points system not work for WC98? 

Away attendance of some sort did. 

Aye, the points system was introduced just after WC98. 

They knew who had bought tickets for the WC98 qualifiers and used that info to decide how the tickets for the finals were allocated. There was no formal system in place before WC98 though. So, when you went to one of the qualifiers you wouldn't have known at the time, that that would help you get a ticket for the finals. That was only decided after we had qualified.

I think it was something like, if you had been to one away qualifier you were guaranteed a ticket for one finals game. If you had been to two away qualifiers you got all three finals games. Some folk got a ticket even if they hadn't been to any away qualifiers. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, the points system was introduced just after WC98. 

They knew who had bought tickets for the WC98 qualifiers and used that info to decide how the tickets for the finals were allocated. There was no formal system in place before WC98 though. So, when you went to one of the qualifiers you wouldn't have known at the time, that that would help you get a ticket for the finals. That was only decided after we had qualified.

I think it was something like, if you had been to one away qualifier you were guaranteed a ticket for one finals game. If you had been to two away qualifiers you got all three finals games. Some folk got a ticket even if they hadn't been to any away qualifiers. 

Remember thinking as a 17 year old that I’d go to the Euros in two years time when I was 19 and left school.

Went to my first tournament game vs the Czechs ant Euro 2020 aged 40.

J

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Remember thinking as a 17 year old that I’d go to the Euros in two years time when I was 19 and left school.

Went to my first tournament game vs the Czechs ant Euro 2020 aged 40.

J

I had a ticket for St Etienne game in WC98 but no-one I knew was going, so declined it from SFA.

It seemed like no big deal as I obviously thought I'd have plenty of chances going to major tournaments every 2-4 years for the next few decades.

That didn't turn out well.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:49 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

i  was at all 3 and i don't think they should have. 

Those who got tickets were incredibly lucky to do so (i know i felt that way). 

Same here and couldn't agree more. We were lucky to get the tickets due to having enough points. Unfair to then move even further ahead in my view for those finals tickets and exacerbate the issue. 

USA '94 was my target.   I'd never been to an away game, but thought there would be little local interest and plenty availability at those big stadiums.   Wrong, and wrong again in assuming we'd qualify of course.

Never did get away until the kids were big enough to look after themselves.   i.e. host parties 😨

• 2 weeks later...