The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Fairbairn said:

And one given after a VAR check that was about 4 times longer than it needed to be. 

The linesman that gave the offside is literally about 6 inches away from Sakala who he flagged for offside. A shockingly bad decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Debian said:

Are you OK?  

I’m absolutely grand Debbie, why wouldn’t I be? You really are a strange character.

Anyway the goal checks took far too long at Celtic Park but other than that no dramas for a change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quickest ever var check at pittodrie over a penalty shout to Aberdeen in the 1st half, took about 8 seconds. 
 

Nit sure about how it works at other grounds, but do they announce there’s a check ongoing? There was a few tonight and fans have absolutely no idea what’s going on at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, slasher said:

I’m absolutely grand Debbie, why wouldn’t I be? You really are a strange character.

Anyway the goal checks took far too long at Celtic Park but other than that no dramas for a change.

Och we're aw strange folks Slasher.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Quickest ever var check at pittodrie over a penalty shout to Aberdeen in the 1st half, took about 8 seconds. 
 

Nit sure about how it works at other grounds, but do they announce there’s a check ongoing? There was a few tonight and fans have absolutely no idea what’s going on at all. 

If plays stopped it should show on the screen if its being checked and why.  If not, usually you won't know about it until something happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Debian said:

If plays stopped it should show on the screen if its being checked and why.  If not, usually you won't know about it until something happens. 

We wee standing about aimlessly with no idea what was going on, seemed the ref was the only one that knew, then a red card came out. After 5 minutes or so on the clock, there had been about 90 seconds or so of football played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

We wee standing about aimlessly with no idea what was going on, seemed the ref was the only one that knew, then a red card came out. After 5 minutes or so on the clock, there had been about 90 seconds or so of football played. 

It should - I understood - have a potential red card check show up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This is a sending off 😂😂😂

Correct decision. Reacts to the arm going across him. His own right arm is already high but he clearly throws an elbow into the players face. Deliberately. Red all day. Apparently Dunne has a black eye from it. I've always wondered about refs having a sneaky look at players who have gone down to see if there's any blood or swelling in situations like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Correct decision. Reacts to the arm going across him. His own right arm is already high but he clearly throws an elbow into the players face. Deliberately. Red all day. Apparently Dunne has a black eye from it. I've always wondered about refs having a sneaky look at players who have gone down to see if there's any blood or swelling in situations like this. 

Have you watched it in real time? if so there is absolutely no way you can come to that conclusion. If thats a sending off, football is not on life support, its dead.

He puts his elbow up after Dunne lifts his arm, its a clash of players with one running at full pelt. No intent whatsoever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say one of the big issues with VAR is the countless slow mo replays which can make an incident look a lot worse. The incident I posted with Mcrorie and Dunne was a shortened video and in slow motion, I saw this in real time and I saw several lengthier replays so I had the benefit of knowing the full picture.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Have you watched it in real time? if so there is absolutely no way you can come to that conclusion. If thats a sending off, football is not on life support, its dead.

He puts his elbow up after Dunne lifts his arm, its a clash of players with one running at full pelt. No intent whatsoever. 

I have watched it in real time. I can understand why the ref missed it. Whole point of VAR surely? You've just said he puts his elbow up 😂. No intent? Aye, ok 👍 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...