Indyref 2 (2) - Page 226 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

it is so,so bad...All the grief KF received from humzas/sturgos disciples for being a Christian, imagine if she was broadcasting religious services from bute house,,, The snp are finished if they dont get rid of humza pronto

It's frustrating. Some of the comments on X are just pure racism and/or Islamophobic. Having said that, it's incredibly naive of Humza. Any SNP leader is going to get shot at but they shouldn't be giving out the ammunition to their enemies.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It's frustrating. Some of the comments on X are just pure racism and/or Islamophobic. Having said that, it's incredibly naive of Humza. Any SNP leader is going to get shot at but they shouldn't be giving out the ammunition to their enemies.

The hypocrisy also of Unionists supporting KF  because it suits them. They would have her under a bus in any other situation. 
But what on earth was Humza thinking . FFS . 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

It gets worse....

😃😃😃 We've all done that, haven't we? I remember teaching in second COVID lockdown. By that stage we were teaching lessons live on line and so I'd wear a shirt and tie, but didn't always change from my tartan pyjama trousers!!!

I'm a f'kin atheist.   Heaven help me if I ever ran for office.   Are we after the gammon vote or what?

They have to be the BNP?   The Beige National Party.   Sorry but ma knittin' is now ripped 🕊️

52 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

😃😃😃 We've all done that, haven't we? I remember teaching in second COVID lockdown. By that stage we were teaching lessons live on line and so I'd wear a shirt and tie, but didn't always change from my tartan pyjama trousers!!!

😄I wondered where you were going with that..."I'd wear nothing but a shirt and tie...and a wry smile" 

15 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The hypocrisy also of Unionists supporting KF  because it suits them. They would have her under a bus in any other situation. 
But what on earth was Humza thinking . FFS . 

Almost like he's trying to lose... and as for the hate crime bill....

That hate crime bill looks like a horrific piece of work - although supported by all parties except the Tories, it will be the SNP that are criticised for it.  Also I see the groups "protected" are quite limited, but of course "transgender" is one of the groups included.  Be interesting to see what transpires (see what I did there?) on Monday when it comes into force.  First to be the target of the wokerati probably JK Rowling.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

That hate crime bill looks like a horrific piece of work - although supported by all parties except the Tories, it will be the SNP that are criticised for it.  Also I see the groups "protected" are quite limited, but of course "transgender" is one of the groups included.  Be interesting to see what transpires (see what I did there?) on Monday when it comes into force.  First to be the target of the wokerati probably JK Rowling.

I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't bother me one bit that Douglas Ross, Murdo Fraser, Wings think it's bad as the SNP can do no good in their eyes anyhow. It worries me more that the likes of Jo Cherry and Gareth Wardell are criticising it. Time will tell.

Equalities Minister has attended the annual Trans Pride Scotland event, held this year in Kilmarnock. The Minister reaffirmed

's commitment to achieving LGBTQI+ equality and building a fairer Scotland for all.

Sideshow Bob was also pleased to attend

image.jpeg.df7b9a65474ca5daf05c07b3e28853bb.jpeg

On 3/29/2024 at 5:49 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

it is so,so bad...All the grief KF received from humzas/sturgos disciples for being a Christian, imagine if she was broadcasting religious services from bute house,,, The snp are finished if they dont get rid of humza pronto

The significant difference between Kate Forbes and Humza is that Kate Forbes said that she would impose her religious beliefs on the country.

6 minutes ago, Goozay said:

The significant difference between Kate Forbes and Humza is that Kate Forbes said that she would impose her religious beliefs on the country.

I'm fairly sure she didn't.

10 minutes ago, Goozay said:

That is a downright lie

Question is why would you state it ?

22 hours ago, Alibi said:

It's definitely no coincidence that the Tories are the only mainstream party to publicly stand against this and other pieces of controversial right-on woke nonsense; it's one of the fleetingly few situations where they're able to paint themselves as the 'good guys'.

Other parties voted for the HCA, like Labour and the Lib Dems, but as you say, they won't be criticised or challenged about it. I see Ash Regan, on behalf of Alba, has been complaining about it too, despite inconveniently voting in favour of the bill while she was still a member of the SNP.

4 minutes ago, Goozay said:

When she spoke about gay marriage during the leadership election

I think she just said that as a christian she was against it, but I am sure she also  followed this up by saying something like she respects democracy. That doesn’t sound like someone who is imposing their religious beliefs on the country. Someone else might be able to confirm if this is correct or not. 

There are a few things where religions  of all kind will impact decisions in any parliament. I am pretty sure religion will influence votes in this assisted dying bill too. 

44 minutes ago, Goozay said:

When she spoke about gay marriage during the leadership election

I thought you'd just done a typo? 🤣 Which I was trying to point out, in my usual subtle manner.

There had been speculation over whether Ms Forbes would continue in the race after a series of MSPs withdrew their backing but she has made clear she intends to fight on.

She wrote in a statement on Facebook and Twitter on Thursday: "I feel greatly burdened that some of my responses to questions in the media have caused hurt, which was never my intention as I sought to answer questions clearly.

"I will defend to the hilt the right of everybody in Scotland, particularly minorities, to live and to live without fear or harassment in a pluralistic and tolerant society.

"I will uphold the laws that have been won, as a servant of democracy, and seek to enhance the rights of everybody to live in a way which enables them to flourish.

"I firmly believe in the inherent dignity of each human being - that underpins all ethical and political decisions I make."

She was honest

Unlike Humza

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There had been speculation over whether Ms Forbes would continue in the race after a series of MSPs withdrew their backing but she has made clear she intends to fight on.

She wrote in a statement on Facebook and Twitter on Thursday: "I feel greatly burdened that some of my responses to questions in the media have caused hurt, which was never my intention as I sought to answer questions clearly.

"I will defend to the hilt the right of everybody in Scotland, particularly minorities, to live and to live without fear or harassment in a pluralistic and tolerant society.

"I will uphold the laws that have been won, as a servant of democracy, and seek to enhance the rights of everybody to live in a way which enables them to flourish.

"I firmly believe in the inherent dignity of each human being - that underpins all ethical and political decisions I make."

She was honest

Unlike Humza

That was Forbes' apology. What she was apologising for was saying that if she had the opportunity to vote against gay marriage in Parliament she would take that opportunity, because of her faith.

That's why she lost the support of a lot her MSP colleagues.

29 minutes ago, Goozay said:

That was Forbes' apology. What she was apologising for was saying that if she had the opportunity to vote against gay marriage in Parliament she would take that opportunity, because of her faith.

That's why she lost the support of a lot her MSP colleagues.

It was a free vote and Democracy won

Humza meanwhile managed to get out of attending the vote