Indyref 2 (2) - Page 217 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I hope so. The Tories seem to be going for the "anti semitism" angle again. I don't understand how that angle works, but it seems to be effective.

Labour are fucking up a 5 nil half time lead in my opinion. Starmers constant u turns will be their downfall in England. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Labour are fucking up a 5 nil half time lead in my opinion. Starmers constant u turns will be their downfall in England. 

Labour will not doubt secure a few votes if they make a big show about tackling anti-Semitism but given the appalling  reports and pictures coming out of Gaza and the West Bank they possibly stand to lose more, and not just amongst Muslim voters.

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Starmer just flip flops between policy, just goes with what he thinks the public wants to hear. I know most in politics do to a certain extent but he's one of the worst "leaders" i've ever seen. 

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Starmer just flip flops between policy, just goes with what he thinks the public wants to hear. I know most in politics do to a certain extent but he's one of the worst "leaders" i've ever seen. 

I can't remember a leader of Labour or tories scoring so many open goals. I honestly think he'd walk the election if he reversed his stance on Gaza and started calling for a cease fire.

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't remember a leader of Labour or tories scoring so many open goals. I honestly think he'd walk the election if he reversed his stance on Gaza and started calling for a cease fire.

He can't do that because he received money from Israel or Israeli-linked sources sources - I thought it was £50k but someone told me it was £100k.  The actual amount maybe isn't important; it's the fact that he is now bought and paid for.  As are many other politicians and folk in high places.  Money buys politicians.  It should be made illegal for politicians to accept donations from overseas sources.

25 minutes ago, Alibi said:

He can't do that because he received money from Israel or Israeli-linked sources sources - I thought it was £50k but someone told me it was £100k.  The actual amount maybe isn't important; it's the fact that he is now bought and paid for.  As are many other politicians and folk in high places.  Money buys politicians.  It should be made illegal for politicians to accept donations from overseas sources.

This is well worth watching if you haven't already seen it....

41 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Labour will not doubt secure a few votes if they make a big show about tackling anti-Semitism but given the appalling  reports and pictures coming out of Gaza and the West Bank they possibly stand to lose more, and not just amongst Muslim voters.

There's so much of a mishmash of concern across the media, even within the same publication, that they cannot pull a simple right or wrong side out the hat. Yet the accusations and responses are acting as though that's possible. Today there's an article about being bombed while living in tents while another one I read highlighted a huge surge in anti-semitism. One example given was someone driving a van with a Palestinian flag shaking their fist out of an open window. No wonder they're saying it's gone up 500% if that's the kind of thing being counted...

6 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

There's so much of a mishmash of concern across the media, even within the same publication, that they cannot pull a simple right or wrong side out the hat. Yet the accusations and responses are acting as though that's possible. Today there's an article about being bombed while living in tents while another one I read highlighted a huge surge in anti-semitism. One example given was someone driving a van with a Palestinian flag shaking their fist out of an open window. No wonder they're saying it's gone up 500% if that's the kind of thing being counted...

It's a runaway train now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68303830

Couldn't wait to cut him off

Derek calling for Scots not to fight amongst ourselves but to ask why we're all not getting our fair share of the wealth that's being generated in Scotland.

https://fediverse.tv/w/86SyvjQiQFt1a4of6kC52K

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Derek calling for Scots not to fight amongst ourselves but to ask why we're all not getting our fair share of the wealth that's being generated in Scotland.

And none of that will hit the headlines buy if jackie fucking Baillie went on radio Scotland to tell everyone Humza farted in Holyrood, every paper would have it as front page news 

Any scottish person still in support of the fucking union after hearing that should be ashamed of themselves. 

England needs scotlands energy, its oil and its water. 

Edited by vanderark14

they're ramping up the divide and conquer strategy.

Jardine will have taken the nip at "I've got a question for you" which he was clueless to answer and/or just unable to on his BBC leash. Very much a relevant answer too when we're talking about money available to Scotland whether in the Central Belt or the Highlands & Islands. 

26 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Fiona Bruce went into school bully mode at the end of QT last night.

"Right we've only got a few minutes left, so let's attack the SNP guy".

She obviously felt it was his "turn".

He had a wee dig at Labour then Lucy Powell, who had been allowed to rabbit on virtually unchecked all night had a dig back, followed, in turn by that silver haired columnist woman (her name escapes me) and the Tory MP.

Bruce then did that infuriating thing of cutting Hendry off just as he was about to rebutt their claims (which were, basically, Scotland is badly run and skint).

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

She obviously felt it was his "turn".

He had a wee dig at Labour then Lucy Powell, who had been allowed to rabbit on virtually unchecked all night had a dig back, followed, in turn by that silver haired columnist woman (her name escapes me) and the Tory MP.

Bruce then did that infuriating thing of cutting Hendry off just as he was about to rebutt their claims (which were, basically, Scotland is badly run and skint).

Jill Kirby. Looked like Liz Truss with a syrup. Came out with the same old tripe about English taxpayers funding Scotland. A complete cow of a woman.

Thought Hendry did rather well particularly around the situation in Gaza. That Unionist midden Bruce up to her usual SNPbad nonsense with the 'not turning this into a political broadcast for the SNP'. Down to the fact that Hendry had that screeching Labour harpie on toast

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No it won't, Labour are going to stroll to a large majority. Whilst Starmer is deeply uninspiring I think you underestimate how much the Tories are despised by a huge majority of englandshire. There will be even more tactical voting than ever to defeat Tory candidates combined with the real loony wing of the Tories voting Reform instead.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Infuriating cunts

What are the QT viewing figures like these days? It's been unwatchable for years now. Fiona Bruce referring to generic terms like levers or priorities but doesn't want the details so we learn nothing. 

21 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

What are the QT viewing figures like these days? It's been unwatchable for years now. Fiona Bruce referring to generic terms like levers or priorities but doesn't want the details so we learn nothing. 

Expect plenty representation from The Reform Party going forward

The Greens got over 10% of the vote in the by election as well yet it's only Farage the media is interested in

47 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Expect plenty representation from The Reform Party going forward

The Greens got over 10% of the vote in the by election as well yet it's only Farage the media is interested in

You're probably right. BBC did a good job promoting UKIP in the past.