Indyref 2 (2) - Page 206 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Broath Boy said:

It’s the daily mail loon, you need to take a break min.

The daily mail backing up what I heard two weeks ago. I know who it is and know it’s true, even if the mail is a shit house of a paper,, this is actually accurate 

I couldnt bring myself to click on anything from the Daily Mail especially something that that reads’ old flame school affair’.

This is the paper that treats the ‘Fucking Clown ‘ like a world statesman and actually pays him to part with his drivel. The guy who has had umpteen affairs and children by different women . A paper whose whole existence is to the promote the Royal Family at every opportunity, the current King having conducted an ex marital affair for years. 

I am assuming of course that the link is related to some affair ‘scandal’. 

It’s more than a wee bit sad  when an independence supporter chooses the Daily Mail gossip column to mock the SNP . 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I couldnt bring myself to click on anything from the Daily Mail especially something that that reads’ old flame school affair’.

This is the paper that treats the ‘Fucking Clown ‘ like a world statesman and actually pays him to part with his drivel. The guy who has had umpteen affairs and children by different women . A paper whose whole existence is to the promote the Royal Family at every opportunity, the current King having conducted an ex marital affair for years. 

I am assuming of course that the link is related to some affair ‘scandal’. 

It’s more than a wee bit sad  when an independence supporter chooses the Daily Mail gossip column to mock the SNP . 

Not mocking,, just trying to get across to good snp members, indy supporters like yourself that we need these charlatans out of the party. We are away to be humiliated at the next election so brace yerself 

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Not mocking,, just trying to get across to good snp members, indy supporters like yourself that we need these charlatans out of the party. We are away to be humiliated at the next election so brace yerself 

Seriously Loon,  having an affair does not make you a charlatan. I am pretty sure there are decent people out there who have had an affair or made a mistake . I haven’t read the link so don’t know who it is. I imagine you must and its someone you dislike. 
I do agree though that unless things turnaround there is going to be a rude awakening. 

Since they have excluded a few main suspects there are hardly any "straight" male SNP MPs left ..

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Britain in a room but zero representation from anywhere else except England. The BBC is getting worse.

Screenshot_20240128_134018_Brave.jpg

I would try and use this not only as an example of how the rest of the UK is sidelined,  but at the shocking stats from English people on how they view Britain today.
All we hear up here is how bad everything is in Scotland and how bad the SG is.
Well now we have an ‘England only ‘ representation and it does not make good reading for either the Tories or Labour. 

8 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The fortunes of the SNP can be turned around in a very short period of time, I know you have a bit of time for humza however, he hasn’t it in him. For one, trust needs to be won back and humza just isn’t a politician that folk think they can trust and personally I agree. He very easily shifts position on thing if it’s to benefit him and there’s the shit going around regarding his private life. Look at the latest Westminster polling, it is horrendous and me saying the SNP could end up with less than ten seats is starting to look more and more likely all the time. Chop humza, install Forbes, bin all gender bullshit, support our energy sector both renewables and fossil fuels, spin it that carbon capture is the future and will have us offsetting any fossil fuels produced,, support our insure fisheries and tackle depopulation in the highlands. Invest in infrastructure like seen under salmond.. open up the party to the independence movement and those who left to alba,, say what you will about alba but their members and activists are massively motivated.. if we do that and the snp will clean up at the holyrood elections

The Holyrood polling is horrendous too. At the moment it's looking like hung parliament territory but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Labour could cobble together some kind of Frankenstein's Monster of a coalition with the Greens and the Lib Dems.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Since they have excluded a few main suspects there are hardly any "straight" male SNP MPs left ..

😂 I was thinking the same myself!

In all seriousness though, is Person A leaving Person B for Person C really news in 2024? Cheating on someone/being cheated on is absolutely brutal but it's nobody's business but those involved.

Apart from being sucked in by the Ian Blackford Peerages lie - it is quite good this week again

The SNP leadership at Holyrood has to go

13 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The daily mail backing up what I heard two weeks ago. I know who it is and know it’s true, even if the mail is a shit house of a paper,, this is actually accurate 

Is it Blackford ?

The House of Lords is not the answer to Scottish Independence. It is a tainted non elected body that should not be mirrored in any fresh new modern Country. Only benefit to odd individual who would benefit financially from allowances.

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is it Blackford ?

The House of Lords is not the answer to Scottish Independence. It is a tainted non elected body that should not be mirrored in any fresh new modern Country. Only benefit to odd individual who would benefit financially from allowances.

I could not possibly comment on the humble crofter 🙈

On 1/26/2024 at 6:11 AM, Malcolm said:

All of my colleagues and my team are English.  I spend a lot of time in London and I can guarantee you that they don’t see Scotland like that.  Most are entirely respectful of Scotland and want Scotland to be successful, whether that be economically or in a sporting sense.

nicola Sturgeon is disliked down south as most English like the UK and want the status quo.

I think our best chance of independence comes when we move past the enormous chip on our shoulder and start acting as a collaborative and equal nation.  The politicising of things like covid is not helpful. After all England would be our closest ally and trading partner.

Malcolm, I can inform you with 100% certainty / experience that the above is utter bollocks from start to finish

Have a good day 👍

For some time it's been clear that Unionists hold the Scottish govt and their connected people to some impossible imaginary standard in order to deserve leadership let alone Scotland's stance as a normal country. Now it appears this rhetoric has gained traction with Independence leaning folk. @TDYER63 has pointed out some of the contradictions re the Daily Mail's consistently bizarre righteous indignation & hypocrisy.

Is this the new checklist to lead us to a referendum or something equally out of our grasp/control??

A 100% monogamous person, ideally right from childhood 

Has a family

Nice sensible Christian but not tooooo Christian

Pro business/oil/growth

Helps families struggling with cost of living (as well as achieving above re business!) 

Oversees all infrastructure projects so they're on time and on budget, priortising Scottish based firms (until things go wrong and then demand should have picked overseas options)

Brings down drugs deaths but without reallocating focus and resources from other more deserving areas 

Brings down NHS waiting lists and pays an appropriate wage to all related staff.

Ensures both rural and urban areas have appropriate access to health/emergency services

Builds enough new houses 

All to be achieved based on what England's spending is, from a govt with vastly different priorities to Scotland where they do have a magic money tree (albeit a mismanaged one)

Once our leader manages the above then it's just about acceptable though I've probably missed a few things...😳

11 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

For some time it's been clear that Unionists hold the Scottish govt and their connected people to some impossible imaginary standard in order to deserve leadership let alone Scotland's stance as a normal country. Now it appears this rhetoric has gained traction with Independence leaning folk. @TDYER63 has pointed out some of the contradictions re the Daily Mail's consistently bizarre righteous indignation & hypocrisy.

Is this the new checklist to lead us to a referendum or something equally out of our grasp/control??

A 100% monogamous person, ideally right from childhood 

Has a family

Nice sensible Christian but not tooooo Christian

Pro business/oil/growth

Helps families struggling with cost of living (as well as achieving above re business!) 

Oversees all infrastructure projects so they're on time and on budget, priortising Scottish based firms (until things go wrong and then demand should have picked overseas options)

Brings down drugs deaths but without reallocating focus and resources from other more deserving areas 

Brings down NHS waiting lists and pays an appropriate wage to all related staff.

Ensures both rural and urban areas have appropriate access to health/emergency services

Builds enough new houses 

All to be achieved based on what England's spending is, from a govt with vastly different priorities to Scotland where they do have a magic money tree (albeit a mismanaged one)

Once our leader manages the above then it's just about acceptable though I've probably missed a few things...😳

Another brilliant post. 

The UK and its unionists holds every other leader or party to extremely high standards yet don't seem to want to meet those standards themselves 

Why thank you 😄it'd be nice to think I'm not just ranting into the abyss (well not all the time!) I just don't understand what people want sometimes. Like there's some uniquely wholesome but strong character that can unite and lead us through this. It's like the Wizard of Oz. 

Sorry, meant to respond to @vanderark14 but didn’t work!

Edited by StirlingEgg

On 1/28/2024 at 12:22 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

Couldn't care less what they do in their private lives TBF, folk have affairs in every walks of life, every single day. 

Not sure cheating on your missus makes you a charlatan in your professional life.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

We should be asking Michael Gove to quantify that remark. Why is Scotland going independent a 'risk' to the UK Government considering the unionists are forever telling us Scotland is potless, a basket-case and totally subsidised by the UK.

There's probably a WhatsApp group dedicated to it, it seems to be how they do everything else. Soon historical texts will just be reams of WhatsApp threads detailing govt decisions & dodgy Met police chat. 

On 1/29/2024 at 11:57 AM, vanderark14 said:

Another brilliant post. 

The UK and its unionists holds every other leader or party to extremely high standards yet don't seem to want to meet those standards themselves 

👍

On 1/29/2024 at 12:55 PM, StirlingEgg said:

Why thank you 😄it'd be nice to think I'm not just ranting into the abyss (well not all the time!) I just don't understand what people want sometimes. Like there's some uniquely wholesome but strong character that can unite and lead us through this. It's like the Wizard of Oz. 

Sorry, meant to respond to @vanderark14 but didn’t work!

VA is right. You have provided a perfect description of the ‘have your cake and eat it ‘  utopia expected by some . 

My issue with Humza  is that he just doesn’t inspire me.   

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

VA is right. You have provided a perfect description of the ‘have your cake and eat it ‘  utopia expected by some . 

My issue with Humza  is that he just doesn’t inspire me.   

I've just sat down and had a quick glance over the latest news updates, how foolish of me...The Covid enquiry at this stage then:

UK govt held regular parties and social events, PM pretended they were near death, funneled wheelbarrows of cash into cronies' pockets for PPE, funneled even more to get rid of the useless stuff, ignored fraudulent grants/loans, ignored expert advice, ignored travel restrictions, went on tv gameshow afterwards, prioritised Brexit over Covid & everything else but without real scrutiny or recognising consequences...

However, Nicola Sturgeon took her mask off at a funeral and didn't take minutes during meetings. 

Hopefully Ireland will seriously start considering uniting then Scotland can't avoid getting its act together 🤞

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Sturgeon with a burner phone, seems extremely dodgy 

That story is being peddled by Kevin Hague and Sam Taylor of These Islands

The story is completely untrue. Phones were bought by *constituency offices* for staff to work from home during pandemic. As if somebody would buy a burner phone and put it on expenses !