Indyref 2 (2) - Page 99 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/02/nicola-sturgeon-used-and-discarded/

She's gone over the missing 600K.

Craig Murray:

The good news is that, if my sources are correct, the £600,000 question is going to make the coronation of the Angus Robertson family collective as devolutionist party leaders somewhat difficult.

So farewell Nicola Sturgeon. You served the Union well. Now they don’t need you any more and you have been tossed away.

They won’t get you that UN job either (all UN posts need to be agreed with the candidate’s member state). The Establishment is both ruthless and ungrateful. I suspect the protection over the Salmond affair will disappear too.

On 2/13/2023 at 9:35 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

Because only Sturgeon can achieve independence?

You now don't need to imagine what would happen if she was ousted as you are going to witness it in real time

Independence is now dead as far as i can see - well in my lifetime anyway

The crawing of Alba and Unionists is sickening - even "on the fence" Henry McLeish is back to being a full blown Unionist that he always was

It doesn't matter who is installed as leader and what strategy for Independence is proposed - it will fail

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You now don't need to imagine what would happen if she was ousted as you are going to witness it in real time

The crawing of Alba and Unionists is sickening - even "on the fence" Henry McLeish is back to being a full blown Unionist that he always was

It doesn't matter who is installed as leader and what strategy for Independence is proposed - it will fail

ach well, we better get on with making scotland better then

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I agree NS was our only chance of independence within the next decade. It was an outside chance, but we might at least have had a go at it. It won't happen now for at least 10 years, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Sorry, my mistake. Must have mixed you up with somebody else.

Understandable mistake. There are so many to choose from. Criticise her but want her to stay so they have someone to blame for other than voters for the lack of progress on independence .

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think this has been asked before but, how do these folk get these bottles home in the first place. And these bottles were full when they were carrying them home from the shop. If they can carry full bottles home from the shop, there is no reason why they can't carry empty ones back.

That would be a reasonable question if there wasnt already a perfectly good recycling process in place.

What exactly is the point of asking people without transport to carry bottles and cans from and TO a supermarket if they can simply put them in their recycling bin. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Understandable mistake. There are so many to choose from. Criticise her but want her to stay so they have someone to blame for other than voters for the lack of progress on independence .

I'll assume this is directed at me. I had no position on her staying or going as first minister but the fact is that she was the first minister. That means she was the one who took on the responsibility of leading the country to independence. 

Are you telling me that voters are the ones to blame and not our leadership in government? Insanity

12 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Folk suggesting Mhairi Black for first minister 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh, my sides.

Anyone saying that cannot be serious.  I doubt there's many saying that.

I'd have her over Humza tbf.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That would be a reasonable question if there wasnt already a perfectly good recycling process in place.

What exactly is the point of asking people without transport to carry bottles and cans from and TO a supermarket if they can simply put them in their recycling bin. 

I haven't looked at any of the detail about how it will work, but I would imagine that one of the main benefits of the scheme (and also one that the retailers will moan about most) is that it transfers the responsibility of recycling away from local councils and onto the retailers. I am guessing that we will eventually not have domestic recycling bins that our local councils have to deal with? I could be wrong though. They might put a barcode reader on all our domestic bins? 😉 Currently loads of folk, who don't live in posh areas like yourself, don't have access to domestic recycling bins. 

23 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I haven't looked at any of the detail about how it will work, but I would imagine that one of the main benefits of the scheme (and also one that the retailers will moan about most) is that it transfers the responsibility of recycling away from local councils and onto the retailers. I am guessing that we will eventually not have domestic recycling bins that our local councils have to deal with? I could be wrong though. They might put a barcode reader on all our domestic bins? 😉 Currently loads of folk, who don't live in posh areas like yourself, don't have access to domestic recycling bins. 

And if the prime responsibility is on retailers would that mean cheaper council tax? The scheme has obviously got it's critics but it doesn't seem that much different from the one that has been proposed by the UK Government (except includes glass which is a good thing according to environmental groups) and which the UK Government is currently woefully behind schedule on.

47 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Where I live glass is not collected by the council so I have to walk or get in the car to get glass recycled. When we walk to the local bottle bank all the bottles clink together. Anyone seeing and hearing us must think we've got a drink problem. In reality most of the glass is jars of marmalade. Honest!

34 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

I'll assume this is directed at me. I had no position on her staying or going as first minister but the fact is that she was the first minister. That means she was the one who took on the responsibility of leading the country to independence. 

Are you telling me that voters are the ones to blame and not our leadership in government? Insanity

Not only you. 

And no, I am not saying the voters are the only ones to blame . I am saying there are a large number of people in this country who will never, ever , vote for independence as they are too frightened or blindly devoted to the union. Westminster has stamped over Scotland for years , this has been highlighted by the SG yet polls are barely changing. Media attention focusing on every SG mistake but turning a blind eye to successes.

I have said this before, in other areas of the UK the 2  major parties have friends in some parts of the media. In Scotland the SNP have zilch. Can you begin to understand how exhausting that must be? 
Voters either dont, or cant , be arsed to drill any further than Daily Mail click bait. 

If the next leader turns this around I will be the first person on here to take my words back. I am being realistic here and cannot see one MSP that  is capable of running this country. 

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Where I live glass is not collected by the council so I have to walk or get in the car to get glass recycled. When we walk to the local bottle bank all the bottles clink together. Anyone seeing and hearing us must think we've got a drink problem. In reality most of the glass is jars of marmalade. Honest!

Aye, right. 😂

m7MqEU6-_bigger.jpg
Special Conference probably will indeed be postponed - anyway I think opinion is now going to coalesce around the sensible obvious - an early Holyrood Election. & After all, we always call for one when there is a change of PM at Westminster.
Edited by Ally Bongo

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There definitely will be a transfer of responsibility and that in itself is a fairly big change to address.

I do forget that not everyone gets the luxury of recycle bins . It’s probably one of those things that falls into the category ‘ if it aint broke don't try and fix it’ for some, but for others its a gentle encouragement to recycle. Any kind of hybrid of the 2 is probably unworkable. 

People’s behaviour needs to change. There are messy, lazy bassas in this country that cant even put a sweetie paper in the bin .

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

m7MqEU6-_bigger.jpg
Special Conference probably will indeed be postponed - anyway I think opinion is now going to coalesce around the sensible obvious - an early Holyrood Election. & After all, we always call for one when there is a change of PM at Westminster.

Be extremely hypocritical if they didn't call an early election. 

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

😂 why do you think I am against the idea ?

I would be only person in the UK to be refused Sun Life of Canada’s ‘ no medical questions’ Insurance policy if Michael Parkinson went through my glass recycling.