Scotland v Ukraine-here we go again - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Ukraine-here we go again

thesaint

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

If it’s a back four, I like it. If it’s a  back 3/5 I hate it and we’ll lose due to failure to secure possession in midfield. 

Let’s hope it’s a back 4. 
Even though we’ve got some 1st players missing, we do have some quality in the team. 
Hopefully we can try to get a grip of midfield and dominate the game. 

Edited by Scot1

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Really hope Mctominay is playing in midfield tonight and it’s a back 4. 

Would love to see McTominay given a run of games as a box to box midfielder. But I’ll be happy if he’s in the midfield, even if it’s more of a holding role 

If it’s a 4/2/3/1 and McGinn is central of the attacking 3, it’s important he gets involved. Sometimes the game can pass the player by in that position, through no fault of the player. Sometimes it just goes like that. When he’s dropping back to defend the ball has moved forward, by the time he’s got back up to the attack, the opposition have the ball and are on the attack. Let’s hope McGinn can have a big influence in the game. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

He hasnt exactly been great when played in midfield tbf. Hopefully he has a stormer tonight.

He’s never really played as a box to box midfielder for Scotland or Man Utd. But his form for Utd has been good so hopefully he can carry that on tonight 

7 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

What I don't get is we've had this twice now but when it was Wales they didn't have any of this shit

I was about to post this, I don't remember this type of coverage before wales played them .