Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 374 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Goal for Che Adams tonight . 

He's now scored 1 every 3 matches this season. 2 in his last 3

That's the kind of form we need to see in the run up to the euros

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He's now scored 1 every 3 matches this season. 2 in his last 3

That's the kind of form we need to see in the run up to the euros

Clarke will still start Dykes

On 4/8/2024 at 9:04 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Handful of decent performances?

I think I remember 1 game where he played ok. The rest he was absolutely honking. Couldn't control or pass a ball. 

There's a reason Clarke doesn't pick our only epl scoring striker. Normally we are crying out for epl strikers but mcburnie doesn't get picked. There's a reason for that.

His passing is miles better than Dykes over the last few seasons according to the stats. Adam’s is better still and both of them have been playing in the EPL were I guess it is harder to complete passes. 

I think I remember 1 game where he played ok. The rest he was absolutely honking. Couldn't control or pass a ball. 

There's a reason Clarke doesn't pick our only epl scoring striker. Normally we are crying out for epl strikers but mcburnie doesn't get picked. There's a reason for that.

Yep that’s exactly how I remember it too

Clark’s a muppet?

19 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This

I trust that clarke has been keeping tabs on Gauld, maybe Clarke thinks Gauld just isn't good enough

Maybe. I'd rather he adopt the old Craig Brown trick of playing the guy people have been clamouring for to see if he can cut it. We've had several games lately that have been largely meaningless, they would have been ideal for testing him out, but I guess that isn't Clarke's way.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

On subject of McBurnie, if folk are remembering him being anything other than shite in a Scotland shirt, then they are kidding themselves on. 

a few goals for a shite EPL side tends to change minds 😂

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

On subject of McBurnie, if folk are remembering him being anything other than shite in a Scotland shirt, then they are kidding themselves on. 

To be fair, his last cap was about two or three years ago - it's possible he's improved since then.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of him being called-up but if he was as bad as some people on here make out he wouldn't even be playing professional football, let alone playing regularly for an EPL team (albeit a crap one). 

31 minutes ago, scotlad said:

To be fair, his last cap was about two or three years ago - it's possible he's improved since then.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of him being called-up but if he was as bad as some people on here make out he wouldn't even be playing professional football, let alone playing regularly for an EPL team (albeit a crap one). 

I'm not saying he won't have improved but some folk are rewriting history. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Think he may be an outsider if we get 26 man squad.

Think that’s a good shout. If I remember correctly Clarke called up Gilmour and Patterson from the under 21s at the last euros due to the increased squad size. Think Max Johnston could come into the reckoning too

How about players not in action? When is the last time Nathan Patterson got any minutes for his club? Surely, he can't go if that continues. We'll probably end up with Ralston on the right as I'm still not convinced Hickey will be back. It could also be another plus to bringing Ryan Fraser as he's filled in there before.

26 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

How about players not in action? When is the last time Nathan Patterson got any minutes for his club? Surely, he can't go if that continues. We'll probably end up with Ralston on the right as I'm still not convinced Hickey will be back. It could also be another plus to bringing Ryan Fraser as he's filled in there before.

This might be a totally left field shout but Danny Armstrong plays right wing back for Killie with a back 3. 

Might have been a shout to test him out vs NI or even Finland.  He's certainly better at attacking than defending though and different level at international level. He'd certainly get us up the park and only MOR has more assists in the SPFL (although DA has created more chances)

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This might be a totally left field shout but Danny Armstrong plays right wing back for Killie with a back 3. 

Might have been a shout to test him out vs NI or even Finland.  He's certainly better at attacking than defending though and different level at international level. He'd certainly get us up the park and only MOR has more assists in the SPFL (although DA has created more chances)

I admit I haven't seen much of him but if he hasn't been in any squads, it's probably too late to bring him in.

I worry we'll be targeted down our right as we are down the left when Taylor is playing. I don't think Ralston has done too badly when he played and is certainly better defensively than Patterson. Not ideal and I'm praying for a Hickey return.

1 hour ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Think that’s a good shout. If I remember correctly Clarke called up Gilmour and Patterson from the under 21s at the last euros due to the increased squad size. Think Max Johnston could come into the reckoning too

I think if Hickey hadn't been injured Johnston might have had an outside chance of making last month's squad. A very outside chance, given how our manager tends to operate, but you never know.

As it transpired, though, Hickey was injured and it wouldn't have been a good idea at all to go with an untried youngster and a guy who isn't getting a game at club level as the options at RB, especially at this juncture.

I have some sympathy with Patterson but ideally he wouldn't be in consideration for a place in the squad due to his situation at club level. It's clear from last month's games he has suffered from not playing regularly.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've only ever seen Armstrong on Sportscene highlights but every week he seems to either set up a chance, provide an assist or score a goal. I don't know about other aspects of his game but his delivery looks excellent, and he looks the type who could have unlocked Norn Iron's stuffy defence the other week.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Think he may be an outsider if we get 26 man squad.

He's only got 9 goals though cf to that Smzodics with23. The latter has just been 'discovered' by RoI. Why can't we find someone like that? Anybody with Scottish connections with over 20 in the Championship would be automatic for our squad.