Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 367 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Having pretty much written him off based on his stats in all the games I haven’t watched I thought I had better watch today. 
Was pretty impressed but according to who scored that was his best non scoring performance of the season. Jury is still out in my opinion. 
Looked at Adam’s and Dykes stats and surprisingly there isn’t much between them  Both are very average championship players.

that leaves us Shankland who is a well above average SPL player and Mcburnie who is an above average EPL player. 

That's positive. Against West Ham anyway he looked very good.

Whats the stats saying to put you off?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Having pretty much written him off based on his stats in all the games I haven’t watched I thought I had better watch today. 
Was pretty impressed but according to who scored that was his best non scoring performance of the season. Jury is still out in my opinion. 
Looked at Adam’s and Dykes stats and surprisingly there isn’t much between them  Both are very average championship players.

that leaves us Shankland who is a well above average SPL player and Mcburnie who is an above average EPL player. 

Good that you made the effort to watch.  My only live viewing was for our under 21's . Like I've said before plenty Bristol city fans blame the manager for negative tactics for his average season, there's also a few saying he has been effected by his best mate Alex Scott being sold to Bournemouth. Give the lad time , my gut feeling is he will be good enough for us though that's mainly based on what he is up against.

I like the little McBurnie comment, whereas I think he is decent I'm not sure about the above average EPL😊

57 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Good that you made the effort to watch.  My only live viewing was for our under 21's . Like I've said before plenty Bristol city fans blame the manager for negative tactics for his average season, there's also a few saying he has been effected by his best mate Alex Scott being sold to Bournemouth. Give the lad time , my gut feeling is he will be good enough for us though that's mainly based on what he is up against.

I like the little McBurnie comment, whereas I think he is decent I'm not sure about the above average EPL😊

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

That's positive. Against West Ham anyway he looked very good.

Whats the stats saying to put you off?

Got a season average of 6.47 on who scored who rate players on their contributions in games.

He's good at finishing, scoring with his head and holding on to the ball.

He is rubbish in aerial duels and contributes nothing defensively, the latter is a big no for me in international football even more so for a team as defensively poor as we are.

Did he play well against West Ham?

Touched the ball 18 times and completed 6 out of 10 passes.

Involved in 4 attacking and 2 defensive areal duels and lost them all.

He was dispossessed once and committed one foul.

Was caught offside once.

Only thing  other than score he did was successfully take a corner.

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Fans of a club are far more likely to know how good a player is or can become so that's probably the best measure. I usually try and mix stats and fans ratings

McBurnie has 4 goals and two assists in 900 minutes this season. Also been sent off twice mind you.

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Got a season average of 6.47 on who scored who rate players on their contributions in games.

He's good at finishing, scoring with his head and holding on to the ball.

He is rubbish in aerial duels and contributes nothing defensively, the latter is a big no for me in international football even more so for a team as defensively poor as we are.

Did he play well against West Ham?

Touched the ball 18 times and completed 6 out of 10 passes.

Involved in 4 attacking and 2 defensive areal duels and lost them all.

He was dispossessed once and committed one foul.

Was caught offside once.

Only thing  other than score he did was successfully take a corner.

I think you can only take so much from these stats, for example he ain't the tallest so if he is an aerial duel with a CB that is 6ft 5 then most strikers won't win that battle.

Going on the eye test, he looked like a good player to me, trying to make the correct runs into the channels, making space for others etc that won't be on those stats 

Che Adams getting some abuse from the Southampton faithful online, he missed 2 sitters from inside the six yard box & they conceded a late equaliser . We've said it enough times good player but finishing is his weak point. 

Ross Stewart is back in training, too late realistically but if was to make it back into the team & bag a couple of goals in the  league or play offs I think Clarke should seriously think about taking him especially if the squads too be 26.

As an unused sub again today, Patterson has to be a huge worry. If he gets little to no minutes before the Euros, Clarke can't possibly take him and will have to go with Ralston as backup to Hickey. We can only hope Dyche gets sacked.

1 minute ago, BryanBlessed said:

As an unused sub again today, Patterson has to be a huge worry. If he gets little to no minutes before the Euros, Clarke can't possibly take him and will have to go with Ralston as backup to Hickey. We can only hope Dyche gets sacked.

.Dyche obviously thinks Patterson is ok for a quick slap around the head, Benny Hill style. Nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

Colemon OG too and loss so if he cant get in now then he is fucked

Remember when we used to be concerned with our players game time?  Now we're apparently all concerned about their 'minutes'  New buzzword/phrase alert, to be filed up there with 'final third' and 'decision making' 🙄

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Colemon OG too and loss so if he cant get in now then he is fucked

Most fans say he should be at worst 2nd choice behind Coleman , they really don't rate 38 year old Ashley Young or Ben Godfrey but unfortunately Mr negative Dyche is the only opinion that seems to matters .

No doubt the lads confidence is at a all time low.

1 hour ago, BryanBlessed said:

Theres still time & if not with his club the 2 June friendlies for him to find a bit of confidence, I wouldn't give up on him for the summer just yet. 

27 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Theres still time & if not with his club the 2 June friendlies for him to find a bit of confidence, I wouldn't give up on him for the summer just yet. 

I really don't think a couple of friendlies are going to make the difference. There's definitely a player in there but the Euros is too soon if no more game time.

55 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

I really don't think a couple of friendlies are going to make the difference. There's definitely a player in there but the Euros is too soon if no more game time.

The thing with Patterson is that he isn't quite a RB, RWB, RM, RW (and not seen him in any other position) and he often looks like he doesn't quite know what to do, where to position himself, decision making can be poor alot of the times. He needs proper coaching to work on his game and really excel which I thought Dyche would provide but has seemed to make him worse if anything

58 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

If Patterson gets no game time before the end of the season his confidence remains shot and cannot play in the Euros. If that is the scenario, as looks likely, then Patterson gets left at home and Anthony Ralston goes as back up if Aaron Hickey is fit of course.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If Patterson gets no game time before the end of the season his confidence remains shot and cannot play in the Euros. If that is the scenario, as looks likely, then Patterson gets left at home and Anthony Ralston goes as back up if Aaron Hickey is fit of course.

Patterson has been picked by Clarke in pretty much every squad he has picked so can't see him suddenly dropping him. There's others not playing regularly for club teams that will 100% be going to the euros too

25 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Patterson has been picked by Clarke in pretty much every squad he has picked so can't see him suddenly dropping him. There's others not playing regularly for club teams that will 100% be going to the euros too

Plus, it's not like Ralston is playing every week either. Patterson and Hickey will be our choices. Ideally a fit Hickey as our first choice.