Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 347 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, thesaint said:

See Gilmour got the man of the match again on the bbc website. Must have been good as he got it ahead of a guy in his team who scored a hat trick. 👍😄

been said about a thousand times…… if someone Scottish is playing they always get a big rating on the bbc website mom.

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

been said about a thousand times…… if someone Scottish is playing they always get a big rating on the bbc website mom.

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

Why?

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Seems obvious. The man of the match purely is fan awarded by people at home (not at the match or maybe not even seeing the match) and Scots will inflate Scottish players scores to a degree they often end up MoM.

Yes, but the question should then be why would anybody want to inflate a Scottish players performance? What is the point of saying a player was man of the match if he obviously wasn't. What does anybody get out of doing that? It's a funny old game indeed. 🤔🤔

3 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Yes about time posters took note. If you don't see the game you need to check out club fans forums for their opinions on their MOM much more genuine than the BBC.  

9 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yes about time posters took note. If you don't see the game you need to check out club fans forums for their opinions on their MOM much more genuine than the BBC.  

How did Gilmore get on? I never seen the match but did notice he got MOTM 

9 hours ago, thesaint said:

Yes, but the question should then be why would anybody want to inflate a Scottish players performance? What is the point of saying a player was man of the match if he obviously wasn't. What does anybody get out of doing that? It's a funny old game indeed. 🤔🤔

Belief that it inflates that player's importance to the team and (falsely I know) thinking it can somehow have an influence on future selection etc which it doesn't of course.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Belief that it inflates that player's importance to the team and (falsely I know) thinking it can somehow have an influence on future selection etc which it doesn't of course.

Just seems like an odd thing to do unless maybe you are about 10 years old. Ah well... you live and learn. 😂

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Just seems like an odd thing to do unless maybe you are about 10 years old. Ah well... you live and learn. 😂

Well I'm a lot older than 10 and I do it 

I click on BBC sites, to see if Scottish guys are playing, ( Gilmour, Christie, McSauce etc) , not often,but when I do and they have a team score out of ten , I give the Scottish guy a 10, even if game hasn't started, I rearly watch or actually give a phukk about the score, but to me if he's Scottish he gets a ten , aye it's daft and a bit stupid, but I do it 

I always give the Scottish guy a ten,  even McBurnie (although strangely Cairney doesn't get anything from me) 

Sorry, @thesaint if it annoys you.

I just do it cos , well I don't know why I do it.

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

I click on BBC sites, to see if Scottish guys are playing, ( Gilmour, Christie, McSauce etc) , not often,but when I do and they have a team score out of ten , I give the Scottish guy a 10, even if game hasn't started, I rearly watch or actually give a phukk about the score, but to me if he's Scottish he gets a ten , aye it's daft and a bit stupid, but I do it 

I always give the Scottish guy a ten,  even McBurnie (although strangely Cairney doesn't get anything from me) 

Great post, at least your honest🤣

12 minutes ago, stocky said:

I just do it cos , well I don't know why I do it

Think the last line of your message sort of proves my point but whatever floats your boat. 👍😁

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Do you do it for all eligible Scotland players or just the really Scottish players tho 😉

36 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Hanley captaining Norwich today. Angus Gunn on the bench, not sure if that’s a standard thing Norwich do in the cup? Robertson on the bench again.

A female co-commentator too so if the game's shite you can always have a wee game of count how many times she says 'clinical' or 'the final third'

Quinsah for Liverpool, centre back ,I've just found out he's eligible for us.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hope Robbo is bending his ear.

Away to give him a ten on BBC website 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

53 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Do you do it for all eligible Scotland players or just the really Scottish players tho 😉

All current players and currently linked players, I think . Don't give it much thought.

But usually just the squad , and round about.

Hanley back playing as well is a bonus. Thought his time might have been over but if McKenna doesn’t get a move that leaves the door open. Souttar has played well for Rangers last couple of games so I’m feeling (slightly) less worried about our central defence. We really need Tierney to be fit.