Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 300 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Can give SJM a rest and try him out in that position. 

Sorry but I so disagree. John McGinn is our top scorer and talismanic. The Georgia match is one we need to win for a few reasons and score plenty of goals. That being the case McGinn has to start. I too would like to Ferguson start though and hopefully both will start.

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but I so disagree. John McGinn is our top scorer and talismanic. The Georgia match is one we need to win for a few reasons and score plenty of goals. That being the case McGinn has to start. I too would like to Ferguson start though and hopefully both will start.

Agreed. John McGinn is in the form of his life. We want him ramping up for the Euros. Same goes for McTominay. Play them as much as possible.

The midfield in our opening Euros game is almost certainly going to be McGregor, Gilmour, McGinn and McTominay. However, god forbid, one of them is injured, we do need someone ready to step in. So Ferguson does need game time. But we'll have plenty of friendlies for him to play in, I'm sure.

12 hours ago, todd said:

Motm too 👍

And was captain for the last 20 minutes after Aebischer went off. Seems to be developing into a real top level player. Motta says he's not talking about him anymore, he's so good 😂 Says he has everything, defence, attack, attitude etc. Bigger clubs apparently circling with Napoli, AC Milan and Arsenal all mentioned.

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Goal for James Forrest. Maybe a late surge into the Euros squad for him. 

Absolutely no chance. Turnbull has an outside chance of making it if he keeps scoring, though I'd imagine we'd need a 26 man squad for him to be included again.

I'd rather see a rejuvenated Ryan Fraser, or Ben Doak in the Euros squad than Forrest.

29 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Fraser probably deserves a call up based on his form. 

He's doing well off the bench, but he needs to be starting more games to be considered. Though saying that, Che Adams isn't even a regular starter for Southampton and he is pretty much guaranteed to be in the squad.

We are seriously getting to the stage where playing a goalscoring midfielder upfront is beginning to make sense. McTominay, Fraser, McGinn, Ferguson, or even maybe Doak at some stage, could all do it.

14 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

He's doing well off the bench, but he needs to be starting more games to be considered. Though saying that, Che Adams isn't even a regular starter for Southampton and he is pretty much guaranteed to be in the squad.

We are seriously getting to the stage where playing a goalscoring midfielder upfront is beginning to make sense. McTominay, Fraser, McGinn, Ferguson, or even maybe Doak at some stage, could all do it.

Wait… no strikers?

Craig, is that you?