Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 282 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not in either camp but he was shote during his last spell in the SPFL, so it's not hard  to think this. 

Don't know why he was so bad at Hibs or what he learned, but he left and became a top player in Portugal and is now the same in America. 

Maybe the Hibs stint was too small a sample or he just had a bad run of games. 

Hopefully see him in a top league soon, was hoping to see a deadline day move to a top league. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't know why he was so bad at Hibs or what he learned, but he left and became a top player in Portugal and is now the same in America. 

Maybe the Hibs stint was too small a sample or he just had a bad run of games. 

Hopefully see him in a top league soon, was hoping to see a deadline day move to a top league. 

He wasn’t fully fit when at Hibs. Unless a club comes in to match his wages of c. £2m he won’t be going anywhere 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not in either camp but he was shote during his last spell in the SPFL, so it's not hard  to think this. 

It is hard to think this. He spent 6 months at hibs where he was rubbish. Not sure that has any relevance on his current career or ability. 

Who judges a player on a 6 month stint on loan?

If that's the case then gilmour was shit at norwich for a full season but hes turned things around and is now playing well. Fair enough that's a higher level but some games gilmour looked pretty poor and struggled.

Jack hendry was shite at celtic but has done well since. 

It doesn't always work out at some clubs. 

If gauld cant get in the squad with this kind of form then i doubt he ever gets in while playing mls.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

It is hard to think this. He spent 6 months at hibs where he was rubbish. Not sure that has any relevance on his current career or ability. 

Who judges a player on a 6 month stint on loan?

If that's the case then gilmour was shit at norwich for a full season but hes turned things around and is now playing well. Fair enough that's a higher level but some games gilmour looked pretty poor and struggled.

Jack hendry was shite at celtic but has done well since. 

It doesn't always work out at some clubs. 

If gauld cant get in the squad with this kind of form then i doubt he ever gets in while playing mls.

I've got enough faith in Clarke to know he will be keeping tabs on every single eligible player. At this point Gauld isn't deemed good enough foe a call up, that's enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've got enough faith in Clarke to know he will be keeping tabs on every single eligible player. At this point Gauld isn't deemed good enough foe a call up, that's enough for me. 

Yeh thats fair enough but ppl using his spell at hibs as the reason hes not good enough is daft imo.

McTominay's great crime appeared to be he wasn't a natural defensive midfielder and that he couldn’t cover for the 4 lazy as fuck forward players.

In the right balance of a midfield a box to box midfielder can be lethal like he is for us.  I'd pick him over Mount every day of the week!

Hope he gets a move to a club who'll play to his obvious strengths.

16 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

McTominay's great crime appeared to be he wasn't a natural defensive midfielder and that he couldn’t cover for the 4 lazy as fuck forward players.

In the right balance of a midfield a box to box midfielder can be lethal like he is for us.  I'd pick him over Mount every day of the week!

Hope he gets a move to a club who'll play to his obvious strengths.

Judging by how some of the pundits on Sky etc talk about him it's as if they've never actually seen McTominay play either. He always seems to be portrayed as all physicality and no ability yet his recent games for Scotland show he clearly has ability and just needs to be played in the right position

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Judging by how some of the pundits on Sky etc talk about him it's as if they've never actually seen McTominay play either. He always seems to be portrayed as all physicality and no ability yet his recent games for Scotland show he clearly has ability and just needs to be played in the right position

I think a lot of pundits are wilfully ignorant of games played outside the EPL or Champions League - or any fixture not covered by Sky Sports, basically.

You'd think the fact he scored twice against Spain might have opened some eyes, but apparently not.

On 9/3/2023 at 7:14 AM, vanderark14 said:

The media down here would be going ape shit If was English.

Could you imagine??  And the sums of money people would be talking about to sign him - I mean, Chelsea paid over £40 million for that big glaikit looking boy from Man City, and he hasn't even made 50 senior appearances yet!

On 9/3/2023 at 10:39 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

Iit is great Brighton are in Europe. Pretty sure plenty of big European clubs will note his talent in those games. I did see he limped off yesterday so lets hope he is fit for the upcoming games.

I hope for his sake he stays at Brighton a wee while longer.  It would be depressing if he ended up at a bigger team at this stage just to sit on their bench, because his potential is huge.  It's amazing to think he's only 18.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Could you imagine??  And the sums of money people would be talking about to sign him - I mean, Chelsea paid over £40 million for that big glaikit looking boy from Man City, and he hasn't even made 50 senior appearances yet!

I hope for his sake he stays at Brighton a wee while longer.  It would be depressing if he ended up at a bigger team at this stage just to sit on their bench, because his potential is huge.  It's amazing to think he's only 18.

Who's only 18??