Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 176 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's 27, there's a fair chance he has reached his full potential.

Tbf he was late in getting first team football and comes across as a young lad. I think he will be at his best later in his career when hes in his early 30s. Saying that i am not sure hes going to go alot higher than club brugge or cremonese in his career.

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf he was late in getting first team football and comes across as a young lad. I think he will be at his best later in his career when hes in his early 30s. Saying that i am not sure hes going to go alot higher than club brugge or cremonese in his career.

points taken.

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Centre halves are invariably at their best in their early 30s. 

Nice one we have Cooper and Hanley at their peak, guess that kind of sums up the feel good factor about having a defender in Serie A.

Honestly don't think he will go much further in his career I still see him as a player who has looked better than he is simply because he has been playing in the middle of a back 3. A bit like Declan Gallagher for us.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nice one we have Cooper and Hanley at their peak, guess that kind of sums up the feel good factor about having a defender in Serie A.

Honestly don't think he will go much further in his career I still see him as a player who has looked better than he is simply because he has been playing in the middle of a back 3. A bit like Declan Gallagher for us.

A quick reminder that we only lost one game in which Declan Gallagher played for us.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Because he was rubbish at club level in a back 4 and Clarke knew that Hanley, Cooper, McKenna and Hendry could all play his role because as I said it is a pretty cushy number.

That makes sense. (And I guess there's a limit to how many central defenders Steve Clarke can call up).

That reminds me, anyone know how Hanley doing at Norwich since their relegation? Is he a 'stick on' for the squad?

Matthew Craig 19 did not realise he is the Spurs youth captain, looks excellent in the youth Champions league, looking at him he is highly rated another one to look out for. Is in the u21 squad.

Also has a twin brother who knocked back a new deal at Spurs and joined Reading in the summer has made 2 appearances in the first team, so not sure why not involved with youth teams.

3 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Matthew Craig 19 did not realise he is the Spurs youth captain, looks excellent in the youth Champions league, looking at him he is highly rated another one to look out for. Is in the u21 squad.

Also has a twin brother who knocked back a new deal at Spurs and joined Reading in the summer has made 2 appearances in the first team, so not sure why not involved with youth teams.

Both Craig brothers are in the latest U21 squad.

Looks like Clarke has finally decided to end O'Donnell's involvement.

Had he not been injured, I think Craig Halkett might have sneaked in ahead of Porteous.

39 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Both Craig brothers are in the latest U21 squad.

Looks like Clarke has finally decided to end O'Donnell's involvement.

Had he not been injured, I think Craig Halkett might have sneaked in ahead of Porteous.

Sorry missed Michael being called up.

In the main squad would not have minded to see how Hyam would get on. 

O'donnells days are gone Patterson, Hickey and Ralston have seen to that and take into account Ramsey, Ashby and Devine coming through. 

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nearly 27 and less than 200 Pro games. I hope we can  do better. 

If it were up to you, there would only be about five players named in the squad and we'd have to forfeit the game ! Your standards are absurdly high. Be more realistic.

We have to work with what we have available, and Dominic Hyam is a good suggestion for a future player.

If you know of a better player why not suggest one ?