The news thread - Page 92 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Why do football managers line up to take jobs at clubs who are doomed to relegation?

Because they need the money and/or think they've a fighting chance of keeping the club in the division. Clubs that are genuinely, i.e. mathematically fucked, usually end up with some wee caretaker coach until the end of season, counting the days until he can get back to his relatively stress-free role of managing the youth team.

Since most of the leading Tories are individually wealthy enough (or have other irons in the fire) money most probably won't be a major motivator for them. A week is a long time in politics but the gap is now, what, 30 points between the Tories and Labour - can that really be turned around, even in two years??

So when the inevitable happens they'd most likely be out of their year and remembered - fairly or unfairly - as the person who led the party to its worst ever election result. Look at Jim Murphy - most of Labour's demise in Scotland wasn't of his doing but he still carried the can for it and he's done nothing of note since.

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

There is supposed to be another two years of this shitshow but given that Truss is now doing her best to turn the grey vote against her by seemingly abandoning the pensions triole lock.

The public will never forgive her for this and the complete shambles she has foisted upon us and can't see anyone turning this round. Part of me thinks the Tory backbenchers cut their losses noe and vote with the other parties to bring down the entire Government. They are out on their arse anyway either way so what would they have to lose?

£80k p.a plus expenses. 😂

No, seriously, I agree with you there. If Truss turned around and said, fuck it, you want me gone, let's let the public decide, I'd have a bit of respect for her.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Because they need the money and/or think they've a fighting chance of keeping the club in the division. Clubs that are genuinely, i.e. mathematically fucked, usually end up with some wee caretaker coach until the end of season, counting the days until he can get back to his relatively stress-free role of managing the youth team.

Since most of the leading Tories are individually wealthy enough (or have other irons in the fire) money most probably won't be a major motivator for them. A week is a long time in politics but the gap is now, what, 30 points between the Tories and Labour - can that really be turned around, even in two years??

So when the inevitable happens they'd most likely be out of their year and remembered - fairly or unfairly - as the person who led the party to its worst ever election result. Look at Jim Murphy - most of Labour's demise in Scotland wasn't of his doing but he still carried the can for it and he's done nothing of note since.

£80k p.a plus expenses. 😂

No, seriously, I agree with you there. If Truss turned around and said, fuck it, you want me gone, let's let the public decide, I'd have a bit of respect for her.

If she goes then a GEis the only option and not another leadership contest or 'coronation'. High office should not be the plaything or bauble for the Tories

The way out for the tories is put Johnson back as leader and pretend none of this ever happened.

It was madness of the highest order to oust a PM who had just won a Thatcher level majority and over a pile of trivial rubbish. Unfortunately for them and us the current crop of tories are a ball of slithering vipers who lack basic competences. I think this is a big problem with picking candidates on physical and ethnic attributes instead of competence, it has weakened them (and other parties) very badly to the point where after enjoying a massive and historic victory they have now inexplicably near enough destroyed themselves, all crawling over each other trying to play leader.

Johnson is the only 'hope' left for them. Because he at least won that election, none of the rest did nor would have had they been leader. So it is Johnson and probably death later at the next GE or a GE now and immediate death. I reckon they will take the Johnson option.

31 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Now confirmed. Due to an 'honest mistake'. Wonder what that was? For having a wet dream about seeing plane loads of refugees being shipped to Rwanda?

Good riddance to that evil cow

Which evil fuker is replacing her?

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Now confirmed. Due to an 'honest mistake'. Wonder what that was? For having a wet dream about seeing plane loads of refugees being shipped to Rwanda?

If what the bbc are reporting is correct, then the fraud squad should be kicking her doors down.

Vote on reversing the ban on fracking in England due at 1900.which is effectively a confidence vote. Another 2019 manifesto pledge broken. Three line whip and Tory MPs ordered not to vote against Truss...or else.

Many Tories are against fracking, particularly in Red Wall seats where fracking in the main would take place.

Will be VERY interested to see if these MPs have a spine and conscience and put their constituents first. Great opportunity to bring down that absolute airhead for good

25 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If what the bbc are reporting is correct, then the fraud squad should be kicking her doors down.

Why do you think it’s fraud, it just sounds like a major cock up to me and something which she should’ve been sacked for if she hadn’t resigned.

That would’ve certainly been the case when I used to work for a bank if someone did the same.   Mind you, to have done that you’d have to have gone right round the houses to achieve it.   The government really needs to explain why it’s seemingly not a problem that someone could send an official document from their personal email on their phone.  

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Leaking official information to non-government sources from a personal email account.

Any civil servant doing that would get his or her arse kicked but it's the kind of thing governments might try and sweep under the carpet if they want the person in question to stay in the cabinet. Apparently though she'd taking umbrage at a plan to bring in workers from abroad to work in certain industries, so I suspect they got rid because she was being a pain in the arse.

Edited by scotlad

41 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Vote on reversing the ban on fracking in England due at 1900.which is effectively a confidence vote. Another 2019 manifesto pledge broken. Three line whip and Tory MPs ordered not to vote against Truss...or else.

Many Tories are against fracking, particularly in Red Wall seats where fracking in the main would take place.

Will be VERY interested to see if these MPs have a spine and conscience and put their constituents first. Great opportunity to bring down that absolute airhead for good

'Tories', 'spine' and 'conscience' in the same sentence? 🙄

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Leaking official information to non-government sources from a personal email account.

Any civil servant doing that would get his or her arse kicked but it's the kind of thing governments might try and sweep under the carpet if they want the person in question to stay in the cabinet. Apparently though she'd taking umbrage at a plan to bring in workers from abroad to work in certain industries, so I suspect they got rid because she was being a pain in the arse.

Think I read somewhere about her being opposed to a trade deal with India as that would lead to increased migration.

Honestly, some of the shite that comes out that woman's potted mouth wouldn't look out of place in the BNP

55 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

I cant imagine with the 3 line whip they will lose it but i guess there is a chance

What happens if they do ?

No confidence in Truss - does she resign ? She is a fighter not a quitter

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I cant imagine with the 3 line whip they will lose it but i guess there is a chance

What happens if they do ?

No confidence in Truss - does she resign ? She is a fighter not a quitter

Quite a number of Tory MPs have stuck their heads above the parapet stating that they will vote with Labour.

Even it the Government wins, if there are a number to Tories that don't toe the line then with the whip withdrawn surely that will have a detrimental effext on the Tories majority?

All kicking off - literally - in the HoC.  Reports of Tory MPs being physically manhandled in to vote for the Government.

Chris Bryant just claiming that Therese Coffey and Jacob Rees Mogg were involved.  

Edited by aaid