The news thread - Page 88 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

detest
verb [ T not continuous ]
UK  /dɪˈtest/ US  /dɪˈtest/

to hate someone or something very much:

So to say you detest tories is to say you hate them.

I hate trannies - a crime according to the FM

I hate tories - something she feels comfortable saying in public about a significant % of the Scottish population based on their political views.

Utter woke hypocrisy as usual, that completely alienates any potential right of centre or even centre YES voters. NS is a self destructive moron as 'leader' of the independence movement and should be up on her own hate crime charges. Do you think the cops would not be chapping your door if you said this about any of her wee favourites. Amazing she feels comfortable coming out with an extremist remark like that.

God forbid she’ll advocate firing rockets over the border and kill innocent people sleeping in their beds, but you’re ok with a madman doing that aren’t you 🤯

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, aaid said:

If you take the view that Nicola Sturgeon never says anything by accident, then there’s a school of thought that what she’s actually doing is to put a stake in the ground and is reminding voters that the SNP is the real anti-Tory party in Scotland and that’s directed at SNP voters who might be tempered towards Labour and Labour voters who’re unhappy at Starmer triangulating towards the right.  Tory voters are the most ideological when it comes to Independence, even more so than the SNP.  There’s literally no point in trying to reach out to them to find some common ground, it’s a waste of time.  

Yes I've no doubt that she is positioning the SNP that way. But I just reckon that being 'anti Tory' is really Labour's prerogative, their raison d'etre, whereas the SNP's real prerogative is (or 'should be') is anti Unionist, or pro indy. If things go to plan, the next national vote is supposed to be indyref2, or a plebiscite GE. In both of those, you'd ant to appeal to both Tory and Labour voters; the whole premise of the 'Labour poll surge' is based on a business-as-usual Holyrood or WM scenario 

I get that most Tories may be intransigent, and outright Brit nats are not worth wooing, But the wider canvas as I see it is what kind of nation you want to live in - a diverse one that accommodates a normal spectrum of parties, or a tribal one that wants 'Tories out'. The latter i think sends a signal not just to Tories but maybe put off indy-sceptic Greens and/or indy-curious LibDems, of an iScotland narrowly defined in SNP's image.

15 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

What was it May said, 'Sure and stable'? Tories reputation as party of economic responsibility was always a bit of a myth but has taken some battering. Yet they'll still be others claiming that others would be worse.

The Tories love using  brainwashing phrases with 'strong and stable' being one and of course 'now is not the time' being another used by multiple Tory leaders. They say it so often it gets into people's psyche and take it to be true. All myths.

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Kwarteng summoned back from the USA to be sacked

Truss having a press conference later without Kwarcrash. He's at No 10 just now. Think you are right, he must be toast.

Good riddance. An arrogant, clueless spiv who played roulette woth millions of people's pensions and mortgages to satisfy his fellow hedge fund speculators. He should be gettin shanghaied to the Serious Fraud Office if the rumours of he and Truss meeting hedge fund managers ahead of the mini budget are accurate

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Can't see Truss lasting beyond xmas.

Bounce back for Boris?

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Reports that Big Tits Penny Mordaunt and Spiv Sunak are being lined up to replace Truss and Kwarteng

I just watched that "press conference" - holy fuk.

There is no way the tories will go for an early election with her in charge. Unless they do actually want to lose it and hand over this total shambles to the very slightly pink tories. I'm starting to think this might have been the plan all along. There must be clever people inside the tory party who could have foreseen this. 

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I just watched that "press conference" - holy fuk.

There is no way the tories will go for an early election with her in charge. Unless they do actually want to lose it and hand over this total shambles to the very slightly pink tories. I'm starting to think this might have been the plan all along. There must be clever people inside the tory party who could have foreseen this. 

Think the knives have already been sharpened even before this latest clusterfuck. Mention of Tory 'grandees' discussing getting her out.

I'd expect moves next week. That presser will be the final straw for many. Came across as being utterly bereft of any fiscal knowledge.

God knows how the markets will react on Monday when they reopen