Silence - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silence

Guest Scot1

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Maybe stop watching so much football and switch on the news to see the “boring” child deaths and suffering sometime. 

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

That should be enough to see that fucking moron barred surely. Come on mods this is beyond a joke now. 

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

We’re also all allowed to think you’re a half wit who should removed from this forum for all our sakes. And that’s what we all think. 

Great contribution to a thread as always.

10 hours ago, Scot1 said:

These organisations have used football as a vehicle to preach their political ideology for decades. The message of “Equality”, “Universal Human Rights” etc. I find it more than a little hypocritical of them to turn a blind eye to a nation which is actively engaged in genocide.

Why is Israel’s national team and club teams allowed to compete in European competitions? They aren’t European, they aren’t in Europe. Is it because it doesn’t get on well with any of its neighbours? Well UEFA, FIFA have been telling me for years that football is a great way to bridge divides, to bring people together. Well you’re not going to do that by allowing Israel to play within UEFA.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Pakistan were recently suspended from FIFA, but think that was more down to corruption.

Thing with the Israel national team is that it’s one of the the “success” stories... there is predominantly more Arabs than Jews in the starting line up for them these days (with 2 or 3 Palestinians) and the team captain himself is a Muslim.

So in the eyes of FIFA the football team is doing nothing wrong.

Even at club level, Bitar Jerusalem have recently saw investment from Qatar into the club and a Israeli player recently moved to the UAE league.

Thought Scot1 was a 100% spot on until Wanderer posted.

It's a pretty tough call to decide if a future punishment would justify losing the current positives that the national team is developing.

Sport really shouldn't be used as  political football.

Sadly the only time UEFA/FIFA sanction a national team is when there is corruption or a government interferes with the national team.

I mean how many countries deserve sanctions, but will never get sanctions for their treatment of other countries people or their own people. Far too many to list! Myanmar's new regime, China, Russia, North Korea to name but a few 

23 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Because every one else contributed in one way or another or just commented that Taylor's opinion was disgusting, wrong or what ever they thought, as far as I can see no one saw the need to do it twice.

Yeah. Last night he even posted "McBurnie is shite" on the "Players in action" after I posted. I wasn't even aware that Oliver McBurnie was playing last night.

No point telling his shadow, though. Both have splashed on too much "Obsession for stalkers".

And apparently I "spam" threads and ruin them. Yeah, nothing spammy and ruiny about the quotes that you posted of him.

And according to the other one I'm always here. (even though we have pretty much the exact same post per year ratio)

What's the current buzz phrase here? Not "self indulgent" or "deflection"... ummm... oh, "lack of self awareness". Yeah. Those two (among others) lack it.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. Last night he even posted "McBurnie is shite" on the "Players in action" after I posted. I wasn't even aware that Oliver McBurnie was playing last night.

No point telling his shadow, though. Both have splashed on too much "Obsession for stalkers".

And apparently I "spam" threads and ruin them. Yeah, nothing spammy and ruiny about the quotes that you posted of him.

And according to the other one I'm always here. (even though we have pretty much the exact same post per year ratio)

What's the current buzz phrase here? Not "self indulgent" or "deflection"... ummm... oh, "lack of self awareness". Yeah. Those two (among others) lack it.

Hope you're having a good night taylor. What is tonight? Reruns of the Serbia match? 

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Fifa and uefa jump on whatever band wagon makes them look good. They're the worst hypocrites going. 

Last month they were all about the fans and saving football, this week they're making sure their corporate suits are taken care of whilst the CL finalist need to travel to Portugal despite both of them coming from England.

Fifa and uefa are the last organisations I'd expect to condemn the actions of that cunt of a country, Israel. 

Indeed. 

And as you say any condemnation would feel hollow and just be virtue signalling. 

21 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

A young Davie Cooper was in that squad. I think he was the only player who refused to play in that game. Ally McLeod never picked him again. He decided to go with Willie Johnston instead, and we all know how that turned out.

Davie Cooper had to wait until Jock Stein was manager before he got picked for a squad again. Coincidentally Cooper's first cap just happened to be against the same team that Johnston got his last game against - Peru.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

A young Davie Cooper was in that squad. I think he was the only player who refused to play in that game. Ally McLeod never picked him again. He decided to go with Willie Johnston instead, and we all know how that turned out.

Davie Cooper had to wait until Jock Stein was manager before he got picked for a squad again. Coincidentally Cooper's first cap just happened to be against the same team that Johnston got his last game against - Peru.

I didn’t know that. Interesting what might have been with Coop, although Johnston was a very good player, pharmaceuticals aside.  

21 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I didn’t know that. Interesting what might have been with Coop, although Johnston was a very good player, pharmaceuticals aside.  

willie Johnstone was unlucky and hung out to dry by the sfa.  Lots of the Anglos were taking reactivin.  I believe hewas genuinely unaware that he was taking a banned substance.