4 Points, 2 Hardest Games Of The Campaign Complete - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 Points, 2 Hardest Games Of The Campaign Complete

shanghaiscot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say our record in games against home nations and yes I put roi in that category is pish!! But still think come the end of this year we will be there or thereabouts.

Im kinda annoyed at you that you put us in the home nations category my friend....its kinda like accusing you of voting NO when you actually voted YES

However .....im sure ur a decent fella so ill let it slide :ok: m

Massive results for both our countries tonight.....Germany are in dissarray ......why not we both get top 2!!!

:guitar:

Can't decide if glass half-empty or half-full. Before campaign started 4 points from these games, with an excellent performance in Dortmund, would have been well above par. If we maintain the clear momentum that Strachan has created then we certainly can qualify. However no one would have predicted Germany struggling as they have, we are the only team they have managed to beat in three games. Assuming that Germany do get themselves sorted out, it is a scramble between four teams for three places. We have played two of our three rivals away already as someone pointed out elsewhere. More than ever it is about winning most of our home games, something we are capable of but will be very tough, and taking full points from remaining games against Georgia and Gibraltar. Ireland worry me, they may not be the best team in the world but they can clearly grind out a result against just about anyone.

Edited by Pool Q

September 2015 will be the month that makes or breaks us. Georgia away, Germany home.

We could get anything from 0-6 points from those two matches.

thought we played Georgia in March? Obviously not. So wins in our next two games and we will go into the republic games on 11 pts.Also our last two games are Poland h and Gib a.. not a bad ending .

Edited by EddardStark

3 homes wins next month brings it back into our favour, even a Georgia/Poland draw would do. Dont think that would bring Georgia back into it as they dont seem capable of winning away from home, they will take points somewhere at home from us, ROI and Germany.

With Northern Ireland flying in their group there's actually a real chance that we may be the only UK and Ireland team not to qualify for this one.

Poland and ROI are both slightly ahead if us at this point, but all of us have reasons to be pleased with what we've done so far.

It's absolutely within our own hands. We need a couple of big wins at home against the big 3, and can't afford any losses.

With Northern Ireland flying in their group there's actually a real chance that we may be the only UK and Ireland team not to qualify for this one.

Poland and ROI are both slightly ahead if us at this point, but all of us have reasons to be pleased with what we've done so far.

It's absolutely within our own hands. We need a couple of big wins at home against the big 3, and can't afford any losses.

I don't think Wales will qualify. They're sitting pretty in their group at the moment but lets not forget that their 2 wins have came against Andorra (just) and Cyprus. 2 teams behind them both have games in hand and they are away to Belgium and Israel next so I wouldn't be surprised to see them mid table after that.

I'm stating the obvious here, but It's a real bugger than both Poland and Ireland picked up points against Germany.

There's a no doubt at all that the Germans will qualify, and we could have done without our main rivals picking up anything against them.

Unlike the Poland game,the Germans had few clear cut chances, we did not deserve to lose.

As for Scotland beating us twice, we will have to see about that...

Look forward to the games :ok::cheers3:

Anyone else think Germany might struggle to qualify? granted they should get 6 from both gib and georgia but they have to go to Dublin and Glasgow and win both, and make sure they beat Poland at home, i seriously think they could struggle.

4 points, 2 hardest games is one way of looking at it

1 point from the 2 hardest games is another

1 point better than the worst we could expect, whilst our rivals pick up points in their hardest games

Before the start I would be delighted wi 4 points from first 3 games. I thought it was as good as we could expect. I am not too concerned about other results. It is what we do.

Look forward to the games :ok::cheers3:

Anyone else think Germany might struggle to qualify? granted they should get 6 from both gib and georgia but they have to go to Dublin and Glasgow and win both, and make sure they beat Poland at home, i seriously think they could struggle.

They'll qualify easy. They're Germany!