Poland Match Thread - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland Match Thread

Clyde1998

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to win against Ireland now. If we only get a draw, it could be game over already given the poor start that Germany have made.

I'd hoped that Germany would run away with the group, but our 2-1 reversal in the first game is now looking like a poor result.

These 2 results will have given Germany a kick up the arse and I don't think we'll see them have such poor results again.

I'm hoping for 2 draws when Ireland and Poland play each other

Edited by tartandon

i'll be the first one to say it, Ireland really aren't very good, that is two fluky results with last gasp goals whereas we have looked very assured and impressive. I reckon we will beat them home and away rather comfortably. We still have Poland and Gemany at home, I think 2nd is ours after watching the first three games, very impressed by Strahcan and the lads!

I should be delighted with that (and honestly, I am after that last 20) but it's an opportunity missed. Big switch in tactics with the two subs and it totally flummoxed us. I think Strachan will admit he made a mistake tonight.

this is exactly what i said to my mate at the time, why change something that is working, we invited them on to us but i cant call strachan after the way he has changed things so quickly

We'll take that point and run with it. We can cause them problems in Glasgow.

I must not be the only one who thinks Hutton is starting to fizzle out at this level ?

Great save from big Marsh too.

Nope,he is done and has been for a while. We have better than him.

i'll be the first one to say it, Ireland really aren't very good, that is two fluky results with last gasp goals whereas we have looked very assured and impressive. I reckon we will beat them home and away rather comfortably. We still have Poland and Gemany at home, I think 2nd is ours after watching the first three games, very impressed by Strahcan and the lads!

Ireland may make hard work of it at times but they can still cause a shock. They are just as good a team as we are. Arrogance can come back to hit us smack bang in the face.

No way is this going to be easy. Plenty of hard fighting, blood and snotters type games are ahead of us !

Ireland may make hard work of it at times but they can still cause a shock. They are just as good a team as we are. Arrogance can come back to hit us smack bang in the face.

No way is this going to be easy. Plenty of hard fighting, blood and snotters type games are ahead of us !

I like being arrogant, stops me from being disappointed ;)

Think back to the position we were in after 3 games played in the last campaign. The difference in both mentality and style is startling.

We've come a long way.

Ignore all the other results in the group for a second. If at the start of the group we had been offered a narrow away defeat and great performance in Germany, a solid performance and victory at home to Georgia, and a battling draw with dominance in possession away in Poland, I think we would all have taken it.

We can't control the other results. But if we take care of our own business, especially at home, then I think we'll get second place.

Edited by tartandon

We'll take that point and run with it. We can cause them problems in Glasgow.

I must not be the only one who thinks Hutton is starting to fizzle out at this level ?

Great save from big Marsh too.

I thought Hutton played well on Saturday, okay his crossing might not have been great but looked good every time he ran at them. I just think we have to accept he's not the greatest defender in the world. The fact is there is not an obvious replacement for him (Whittaker, no thanks), Bardsley is the nearest to a quality replacement and his continued omission is puzzling to say the least.

I didn't see the game tonight but seems that the substitutions were fairly negative as against Georgia. I felt even on Saturday that an injection of pace would have worried tiring opponents, looking at the subs we haven't got masses of that but Burke might have been worth a shout.

3rd on GD

Goal difference matters only after head to head. 4 points after our two hardest away games and a tricky one vs Georgia is not a bad start. Doesn't look as good because of Germany's terrible start to the advantage of our nearest rivals but taken on our results and performances alone it's been a decent start