Che Adams - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

Taylor1996

Che Adams: Yay or Nay?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Che Adams be called up, presently?

• Yay - Sure, why not? He's scored 7 in 28 appearances...
    • Nay - He's rejected at least three approaches. He was English during the Euro 2020 Playoffs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/che-adams-set-scotland-call-23731876

It's a hell nay, from me!

If he wanted to represent Scotland, either he should've made a decision before now or make him wait till after Euro 2020.

This is not a question of idealism, etc. It's a matter of wearing a jersey that players like Law, Dalglish, etc, wore with absolute pride!

This guy rejected us as he wanted to wait to see if England came calling, which is fair enough, he is English.

I don't like this at all.

Edited by Taylor1996

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

England in the Euro 2020 playoffs? They won their group by miles!

Obviously, I meant during our play offs 

Doubt he was home watching it, singing flower or Scotland waving a thistle around.... or just... watching it, at all. 

Edited by Taylor1996

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

If it is, it ain't working. ;)

I’m too old and long in the tooth nowadays and having seen too many other countries exploit this ruling then I’m afraid if it’s okay with Steve Clarke it’s okay with me....

3 minutes ago, broraboy said:

I’m too old and long in the tooth nowadays and having seen too many other countries exploit this ruling then I’m afraid if it’s okay with Steve Clarke it’s okay with me....

Same with me.

I don't mind using the rules. It's the "he rejected us three times", he played zero part in getting us to the Euros, but now he wants to bathe in the glory.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Is it any different to Dykes?

Dykes would have played for Australia u21s had he been selected.

Dykes had a clear choice between us and the Australia seniors. He chose us. Like the way McTominay did, with us over England.

Adams rejected us, three times in the past.

I fully see where Taylor1996 is coming from.

However, I will always support any player in the Scotland jersey so he will get my backing when on the pitch as the decision will have been made by the manager and has to be abided by.

But there is no way on earth anyone will ever convince me Scotland is in his heart or ever was. Its a decision of convenience because he realises he has no chance of getting called up by England. He has rejected three previous approaches by Scotland - even one rejections says it all let alone three. It really riles me to see our fans lauding him up after he has metaphorically shat in their faces three times. End of rant.

41 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Is it any different to Dykes?

Dykes would have played for Australia u21s had he been selected.

Yes a lot difference to Dykes. As far as I know he never rejected us three times to three different managers over three years and at least Dykes has also spent time in Scotland where I doubt Adams has.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Regarding all of the other countries which exploit this rule, we have no way of knowing if any of their players was asked 2 or 3 times; I bet none of them are bothered by that though. But with Scotland we seem to expect our selections to sign up in their own blood.

Look, I hate the granny rule but we still use it far less than most countries and only in the case of emergency. And believe me our striker situation IS an emergency.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/che-adams-profiled-southampton-striker-23733756

If Stuart Armstrong had anything to do with this, then it's another assist against Scotland.

Well done, Agent Armstrong. 

I hope you are being tongue-in-cheek. Time to leave this fifth-columnist thing about Armstrong alone. Did his dog urinate on your prize geraniums or something?

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Regarding all of the other countries which exploit this rule, we have no way of knowing if any of their players was asked 2 or 3 times; I bet none of them are bothered by that though. But with Scotland we seem to expect our selections to sign up in their own blood.

Look, I hate the granny rule but we still use it far less than most countries and only in the case of emergency. And believe me our striker situation IS an emergency.

If you are comfortable and happy that a player can effectively tell us to **** off three times and then feel pleased about him representing us then I am stunned.