Che Adams - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

Taylor1996

Che Adams: Yay or Nay?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Che Adams be called up, presently?

• Yay - Sure, why not? He's scored 7 in 28 appearances...
    • Nay - He's rejected at least three approaches. He was English during the Euro 2020 Playoffs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Regarding all of the other countries which exploit this rule, we have no way of knowing if any of their players was asked 2 or 3 times; I bet none of them are bothered by that though. But with Scotland we seem to expect our selections to sign up in their own blood.

Look, I hate the granny rule but we still use it far less than most countries and only in the case of emergency. And believe me our striker situation IS an emergency.

uNlEsS hE gEtS a SaLtIrE tAtToO hE cAnNaE pLaY..

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

But there is no way on earth anyone will ever convince me Scotland is in his heart or ever was. Its a decision of convenience because he realises he has no chance of getting called up by England. He has rejected three previous approaches by Scotland - even one rejections says it all let alone three. It really riles me to see our fans lauding him up after he has metaphorically shat in their faces three times. End of rant.

Agreed.

We've all cried, sweated and went through heaven, as well as journeying through hell... before pitching up tent and making it our home for 20+ years. Scotland means everything to us.

But now, we're willing to welcome a player who has shown zero interest in playing for us. Not only that, but the multiple rejections.

It's not right. Think about the legendary figures from the past who would have walked on all fours to represent Scotland.

Now we have to ask players, average ones, four times to play for us.

It's heartbreaking. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

My worry is he turned us down a couple of times, because he doesn't feel Scottish, say how much of his heart is going to be in it when we play England in June

If he's decided to play for us he doesn't feel very English either!

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I fully see where Taylor1996 is coming from.

However, I will always support any player in the Scotland jersey so he will get my backing when on the pitch as the decision will have been made by the manager and has to be abided by.

But there is no way on earth anyone will ever convince me Scotland is in his heart or ever was. Its a decision of convenience because he realises he has no chance of getting called up by England. He has rejected three previous approaches by Scotland - even one rejections says it all let alone three. It really riles me to see our fans lauding him up after he has metaphorically shat in their faces three times. End of rant.

Well said.The guys a chancer.One chance to play for us is all anyone should get.As for those idiots saying he's welcome.It truly astounds me,it really does.He's taking the pish.

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I explained that, he is brilliant up against Hamilton and the likes but worse than useless against any decent opposition.

I can assure you, he's not brilliant against anyone. Probably the worst player I've ever seen in the hoops. 

Che Adams can go fuck himself. 

Wasnt interested before, but there’s a big international competition, he thinks he can use that as a platform to transfer to a bigger team in the summer. 

As I said above, he can go fuck himself. 

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Che Adams can go fuck himself. 

Wasnt interested before, but there’s a big international competition, he thinks he can use that as a platform to transfer to a bigger team in the summer. 

As I said above, he can go fuck himself. 

Ok, you've made your voice view quite clear, now let's get behind the team. 

18 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/che-adams-profiled-southampton-striker-23733756

If Stuart Armstrong had anything to do with this, then it's another assist against Scotland.

Well done, Agent Armstrong. 

16 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I hope you are being tongue-in-cheek. Time to leave this fifth-columnist thing about Armstrong alone. Did his dog urinate on your prize geraniums or something?

Asked if Armstrong played a role in convincing Adams to choose Scotland, Clarke said: "Agent Armstrong!? I don't know.

It would appear that the "Agent Armstrong" thing is catching on. I coined it first, though. ;)

16 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

But he didn't choose England in the end did he ffs! 

Who? Adams.

No. He certainly didn't choose England in the end.

The definition of a "choice" is making a decision between one (or more) options. In this case, Adams didn't choose us over England, as England didn't want him, therefore, choosing to play for England wasn't a choice.

• 4 weeks later...

On this form, (Dykes scoring and assisting for fun and Che Adams forming a close relationship with the Southampton bench) if Adams starts at Euro 2020, it'll only confirm that Adams only agreed to commit to Scotland if he's guaranteed a starting spot for Euro 2020.

34 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

On this form, (Dykes scoring and assisting for fun and Che Adams forming a close relationship with the Southampton bench) if Adams starts at Euro 2020, it'll only confirm that Adams only agreed to commit to Scotland if he's guaranteed a starting spot for Euro 2020.

Give it a rest, that's just made up garbage 

31 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Dykes could keep scoring in the championship & Adams could score none between now and the end of the season & it’s likely Adams would start at the Euros based on the last few games for us 

I'm not so sure. I think they're both in contention to be number one and I think they can play together.

It's great to see dykes hitting form. There is time for Adams to regain his place too.