Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

9 hours ago, Warley Woods said:

Craig, you’ve got more of a chance of dying from inactivity caused by lockdown if you are under the age of 50 than you are from Covid. By the end of May pretty much every adult will have been vaccinated, we need to get on with our lives. Covid will be around for the rest of our lives, we need to be realistic with the risks and start getting back to normal. That should mean full stadiums in June, if they aren’t full then why is it going to be any different in September or June next year for that matter. I’m no fan of Boris by the way but Nicola needs to loosen up or she’s going to be outsmarted by him. 

Boris has played his hand, it's a big gamble to set dates for fans to get into grounds. He's given sturgeon ammo IMO because she's knows his plan. 

7 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Politics. Awesome.

There's several threads about politics on the other part of the board. That's enough boring for any website.

Politics will be involved in the decision to let fans in, that can't be avoided. 

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

Hopefully this is what will happen.  Although also hopefully crowds will ultimately be allowed. 

Just tell UEFA everything is barry for now. 

Totally agree. Just tell UEFA what they want to hear. For now anyway, or whenever it is they want an answer. If it turns out the COVID numbers don't improve quickly enough (or, hopefully not, they get worse again :unsure:) then just tell them "Sorry we got our predictions wrong, it's hard to predict what the virus was going to do".

What's the worst that could happen?

On the other hand, I'd be quite happy for the games to get moved to England. It would seem more like playing in a proper tournament. I just think that with the games being at Hampden it might not feel like really being at a tournament. Won't know for sure until it happens, I suppose.

8 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Our dentist of doom is on the case now 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6781132/jason-leitch-rangers-lockdown-ibrox-scotland-euros/

Is he wanting it taken away and causing trouble so the SG don’t get the blame 

I wish I never opened that article. The comments are exactly what you'd expect from mutant huns.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I wish I never opened that article. The comments are exactly what you'd expect from mutant huns.

If I were Jason Leitch I would spin it as a positive thing and say there is zero chance of those morons gathering in groups outside Hampden supporting their country. They are more likely to be down at Wembley cheering on England. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

If I were Jason Leitch I would spin it as a positive thing and say there is zero chance of those morons gathering in groups outside Hampden supporting their country. They are more likely to be down at Wembley cheering on England. 

They are the people 🤣

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

You could equally argue that those Celtic fans gathering to protest against Neil Lennon were breaching protocols and putting the euro games in doubt. Both as bad as each other.

Definitely. Neither set have any regard or respect for safety of others. 

6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

You could equally argue that those Celtic fans gathering to protest against Neil Lennon were breaching protocols and putting the euro games in doubt. Both as bad as each other.

Apart from the numbers being vastly different and us being in tier 4 just now of course 

You do know uefa are not remotely interested in fans gathering in streets and has no relevance.

what swinney and leitch mean is that when sturgeon does not commit to crowds on April 7th and it’s taken away, the blame will be put on rangers fans.

this way the core vote isn’t upset .

43 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

You do know uefa are not remotely interested in fans gathering in streets and has no relevance.

what swinney and leitch mean is that when sturgeon does not commit to crowds on April 7th and it’s taken away, the blame will be put on rangers fans.

this way the core vote isn’t upset .

I don't care that much but this is a great way for Rangers to deflect away from the behaviour of their fans again.

11 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

So decision delayed until April 20th but uefa have said no crowd means no games . At least we know where we stand 

Will be an incredible decision if Scotland with one of the highest (by miles) levels of vaccination now and by the Euros, declines to to host the event giving games to England (with a fraction % higher) and other countries with way way less.

The FM surely can't be that cautious/negative. 

Edited by tjm007

Bungling Bonzo is taking a real risk with his confident dates for letting people into stadiums in thousands. I can't wait to get back to the fitba but I prefer the cautious Scottish approach. UEFA can hold our feet to the fire if they want, but if we have a higher vaccination rate, and lower death rate, than most, we are still seeing hundreds of new cases a day - and things are worseing in the continental countries that are UEFA's heartland.

DOn't want to lose the games but there are bigger fish to fry.

Papers seem out to blame the Scottish government, but truth is, UEFA are signaling everyone out, not just us.

Still a long way to go, but I am getting quietly confident that we will see crowds at Hampden (be it capped at 20-30%), and if games are lost, its more down to UEFA using a one glove fits all approach based on whats happening in Spain, Italy and Germany, rather than whats happening in Glasgow, London and Dublin.

Edited by wanderer

Scottish Government predict the whole of Scotland to be at Level 1 by start of June, and Level 0 by the end of June.

As long as Glasgow is in Level 1 by then, that should be satisfactory for capped crowds at Hampden.

25 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Scottish Government predict the whole of Scotland to be at Level 1 by start of June, and Level 0 by the end of June.

As long as Glasgow is in Level 1 by then, that should be satisfactory for capped crowds at Hampden.

I still can't see the Scottish Government committing to an answer by April 20th on a prediction. 

20 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Only problem is that Glasgow will probably be the last area to get to that level. 130 new cases in Glasgow yesterday and starting to rise again. Another couple of old firm games in the next few weeks could see cases rising even further. Still too early to speculate though. I think it's over a month until UEFA have said the will need an answer. I'm sure the SFA are in regular discussions with Sports Scotland and the SG. If they don't cancel the two old firm games, I'm much less confident about having any spectators in June.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Only problem is that Glasgow will probably be the last area to get to that level. 130 new cases in Glasgow yesterday and starting to rise again. Another couple of old firm games in the next few weeks could see cases rising even further. Still too early to speculate though. I think it's over a month until UEFA have said the will need an answer. I'm sure the SFA are in regular discussions with Sports Scotland and the SG. If they don't cancel the two old firm games, I'm much less confident about having any spectators in June.

As I said before, still a long way to go, but its encouraging, and we are probably in a better position than others.

Scottish Government could have binned the Euro's months ago, but they are giving it every chance.

If UEFA take the Euros away, its not because of us, but more whats happening in Europe as a whole.