Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

19 minutes ago, wanderer said:

From memory in 1998, everyone with points got a ticket for every game (but take in to account that the SSC was a much smaller beast back in the day).... next if you were in Tallinn for the game that never was, or Monaco, you got a Brazil ticket regardless of how many points you had), everything else went to ballot (few friends of mine who joined for Euro 96 never went to any away games, but some got Norway and others got Morocco tickets).

I imagine it will be points system, but the limited amount of tickets make it hard to really do anything like they did in 98.

Had it been a full house and we got 8,500 tickets, then there would be room to do that (basically that would have taken you down to 6 points and a few 5 pointers)

Apologies if you have answered my question and I am too thick to realise. 
Given it is highly unlikely there will be enough tickets to accommodate everyone in the SSC, are they likely give all those with 15+ points first access to both our games ? 
I would have thought it would be fairer to give as many people the chance of attending a game as possible rather than the same people getting tickets for both, but to give those with 15+ points first preference on their game of choice . 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Apologies if you have answered my question and I am too thick to realise. 
Given it is highly unlikely there will be enough tickets to accommodate everyone in the SSC, are they likely give all those with 15+ points first access to both our games ? 
I would have thought it would be fairer to give as many people the chance of attending a game as possible rather than the same people getting tickets for both, but to give those with 15+ points first preference on their game of choice . 

Unfortunately with the low amount of tickets, 15 points basically takes all those potentially available away (if they keep the 16%) and the difference between 1000 and 2000 points is something like 3 points (1000 takes you down to 19, 2000 takes you down to 15).

End of the day there is no fair way of doing it other than the points system and with the lack of tickets there is no room to give others a chance either.

27 minutes ago, wanderer said:

From memory in 1998, everyone with points got a ticket for the Morocco and Norway games, and Brazil went to a ballot (but take in to account that the SSC was a much smaller beast back in the day).... next if you were in Tallinn for the game that never was, or Monaco, you got a Brazil ticket regardless of how many points you had), everything else went to ballot (few friends of mine who joined for Euro 96 never went to any away games, but some got Norway and others got Morocco tickets).

I imagine it will be points system, but the limited amount of tickets make it hard to really do anything like they did in 98.

Had it been a full house and we got 8,500 tickets, then there would be room to do that (basically that would have taken you down to 6 points and a few 5 pointers)

I got a Norway ticket in 1998 with no points unless Euro 96 points still counted. My mate who had no points what so ever got a Morocco ticket. I think every member got at least one ticket no matter what points.

Got another two tickets for Norway game of Sir Alex Ferguson in a  boozer and four tickets in the the hotline no one ever got through to for the Morocco game.

Not sure how tickets should be distributed but it will be a bit unfair on those that have gone to every home game in the belief that would get them tickets for the Euro's and have to watch a certain amount get two tickets each instead.

10 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Unfortunately with the low amount of tickets, 15 points basically takes all those potentially available away (if they keep the 16%) and the difference between 1000 and 2000 points is something like 3 points (1000 takes you down to 19, 2000 takes you down to 15).

End of the day there is no fair way of doing it other than the points system and with the lack of tickets there is no room to give others a chance either.

Unless you only allow one ticket per member.

Ironically I think we will all have a better chance of Wembley tickets over Hampden. I think us both being U.K. citizens will help. 

I also have in the back of my mind that Johnson will spring a surprise “Full Wembley for the oldest fixture in football history” about a week or so before the game. 

Selfishly I’m clinging to a foreign travel ban still being in effect to take a dint out of the Czechia and Croat travelling fans. 

J

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If Wembley gets green light, and as a result we get more tickets (ie 4k) then I suppose they can offer 20+ the two Hampden games and a Wembley ticket 10-19 pointers a option of Wembley and one of the two Hampden games, and a open ballot for anything that left over.

That way 1000 people are getting tickets for all three games, and you have 900-1000 tickets for the two Hampden games and 2000 for Wembley.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That is what I was trying to say.

Those on 15+ points ( or whatever the allocation allows) get to choose the game they want. Then the remaining tickets for the 2 games go to those on 14 points and lower ( down to whatever number of points is covered by the remaining allocation ) 

2 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Ironically I think we will all have a better chance of Wembley tickets over Hampden. I think us both being U.K. citizens will help. 

I also have in the back of my mind that Johnson will spring a surprise “Full Wembley for the oldest fixture in football history” about a week or so before the game. 

Selfishly I’m clinging to a foreign travel ban still being in effect to take a dint out of the Czechia and Croat travelling fans. 

J

England is officially still in Lock Down until 21st of June, so no real chance Boris can spring something like that.... maybe get it up to 50% full, but no chance of a full house.

Suppose a case of 25% of Wembley is always going to be more than 25% of Hampden, so going to result in more tickets (problem is.... while we are part of the UK, UEFA view us as two different nations, so not quite as clear cut as you suggest)

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Not forgotten it, as at the moment we do not know what situation will be come June (at moment its all guess work).

I fully expect UEFA to offer Czechs and Croatians FA tickets.... as they will with the SFA.... question on if they can sell them is something completely different, and in the eyes of UEFA they at least "offered" and their hands are clean, with the bonus that any they do not sell go straight back to them to put in the public sale.

UEFA will go right out of their way to avoid showing favoritism, so there is no chance they will just hand over 12,000 tickets to the SFA to sell.

Again, it may be down to what is allowed by the Scottish Government as to whether UEFA can even offer away fans tickets. 

At the moment everyone needs to quarantine for 10 days to enter the U.K. It should be relaxed late June, but will that be enough for foreign fans?

J

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

England is officially still in Lock Down until 21st of June, so no real chance Boris can spring something like that.... maybe get it up to 50% full, but no chance of a full house.

Suppose a case of 25% of Wembley is always going to be more than 25% of Hampden, so going to result in more tickets (problem is.... while we are part of the UK, UEFA view us as two different nations, so not quite as clear cut as you suggest)

Yea I know. We are a special case though. (Two associations from one “Country”). 

Guess we all are just speculating, things will become clearer. 

On a positive note, my wife (a teacher) has her jag this evening. She signed up for a reserve list and got a message last night to say there’s a spot. Most of us will have had at least one jag by late June. 

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

Again, it may be down to what is allowed by the Scottish Government as to whether UEFA can even offer away fans tickets. 

At the moment everyone needs to quarantine for 10 days to enter the U.K. It should be relaxed late June, but will that be enough for foreign fans?

J

I know what you are saying, but UEFA are not going to turn around and say "sorry Croatia and Czechia, we are giving everything to Scotland".... they will offer a even share to the 3 of us (as its within their rules) but they will probably want them sold by so and so date (ie middle of May)and any that are not sold are returned and put in to the general sale.

While looking like they are encouraging travel, truth is they can not be seen to favor us because we got the luck of the draw and all our games taking place in the UK. 

They probably know everything they give us will go fast, but it will be a car load of UK embassy staff and a few people who have the money to go into 10 days quarantine upon arrival in the UK that will snap up their tickets.

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Encouraging thousands of people to travel internationally during a global pandemic would be a bizarre thing to do even by UEFA standards. 😳

I know right. I would imagine political pressures being put back on UEFA also. 

J

Just now, wanderer said:

I know what you are saying, but UEFA are not going to turn around and say "sorry Croatia and Czechia, we are giving everything to Scotland".... they will offer a even share to the 3 of us (as its within their rules) but they will probably want them sold by so and so date (ie middle of May)and any that are not sold are returned and put in to the general sale.

While looking like they are encouraging travel, truth is they can not be seen to favor us because we got the luck of the draw and all our games taking place in the UK. 

They probably know everything they give us will go fast, but it will be a car load of UK embassy staff and a few people who have the money to go into 10 days quarantine upon arrival in the UK that will snap up their tickets.

10 days in a quarantine hotel for a footie match. 

I think only a dying relative would get me into one of them!

Im trying to think if the shoe was on the other foot. Say Scotland v Germany in Munich. I would be gutted but not surprised if the Germans said stay on your “English variant island”. 

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

10 days in a quarantine hotel for a footie match. 

I think only a dying relative would get me into one of them!

Im trying to think if the shoe was on the other foot. Say Scotland v Germany in Munich. I would be gutted but not surprised if the Germans said stay on your “English variant island”. 

J

Aye, as I said, we are in something of a lucky position, but then you look at the Welsh fans who have zero clue what they may get for following their team.

I imagine travel corridors and vaccine passports will be announced in next few weeks (Hungarian government have said all fans in Budapest must prove they have had at least one jag) and see what that brings (I get my first shot tomorrow night as I have a underlying health condition)

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

From memory in 1998, everyone with points got a ticket for the Morocco and Norway games, and Brazil went to a ballot (but take in to account that the SSC was a much smaller beast back in the day).... next if you were in Tallinn for the game that never was, or Monaco, you got a Brazil ticket regardless of how many points you had), everything else went to ballot (few friends of mine who joined for Euro 96 never went to any away games, but some got Norway and others got Morocco tickets).

Nobody had points in 1998. The points system didn't start until after WC98. They did know who had bought tickets for all the qualifiers though.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

If Wembley gets green light, and as a result we get more tickets (ie 4k) then I suppose they can offer 20+ the two Hampden games and a Wembley ticket 10-19 pointers a option of Wembley and one of the two Hampden games, and a open ballot for anything that left over.

That way 1000 people are getting tickets for all three games, and you have 900-1000 tickets for the two Hampden games and 2000 for Wembley.

I would take that. 

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

J

I think bojo will do something similar. 

What's the logic of 20000 fans on Friday night ( Scotland game);and 90000 on Monday night ( Croatia game)? none.

I don't think There will be any travelling fans from Europe

So the London boozers will want 20-25000 Scots drinking in London, pushing pressure on Boris

i see Bilbao has been removed from list and Dublin could be as well. What is happening to Tix bought for these grounds? 

IMO only logic solution is refund All tickets already bought. And put on sale in host cities at say £100? 

Can you imagine the uproar if Hampden/ other grounds gets to open and it's full of corporate suits . 

On another point what about opening Ibrox,p/head, tynie etc as fan zones with big screens selling tix for £20-£25 ,🤔🤔

hopefully some out of box thinking by UEFA tomorrow

Edited by Archiesdad

17 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

IMO only logic solution is refund All tickets already bought. And put on sale in host cities at say £100?

Given that I took the decision to apply via the ballot (and got very lucky to tickets for three Hampden games), as I dont have enough points through the travel club, I would be furious with this. Saved for ages and UEFA have had my money since 2019.

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Given that I took the decision to apply via the ballot (and got very lucky to tickets for three Hampden games), as I dont have enough points through the travel club, I would be furious with this. Saved for ages and UEFA have had my money since 2019.

Yeah but surely you can see his logic of taking £50 tickets off of people in Scotland who got them in a public ballot and then re-selling them to .... errr ... Scottish public. Only for £100. 😂 

Its been a while since we had some good old ticket hysteria. 

UEFA announcement can’t come quick enough.