Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

I suspect a decision from UEFA is due early March , where the rumour the multi nation hosting will be scaled back.

The in the dark approach from Sturgeon , will probably not go down well with UEFA who will probably needing more clarity from hosts. 

With the probable adjusting of the tiers levels and numbers , the chance of crowds at Hampden are pretty non existent .

Edited by DAVIDB46

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I suspect a decision from UEFA is due early March , where the rumour the multi nation hosting will be scaled back.

The in the dark approach from Sturgeon , will probably not go down well with UEFA who will probably needing more clarity from hosts. 

With the probable adjusting of the tiers levels and numbers , the chance of crowds at Hampden are pretty non existent .

No chance whatsoever.

You mean the Scottish Government approach of saying that as of the 24th February we cannot say whether the 21st June is going to be the exact date that the science dictates it's safe to open society again?

The more you think about it, the idea that anyone can confidently predict a date four months in the future when everything will be ok is absolute bunkum.  Maybe we'll get there before that date?  I hope so.

I doubt UEFA will put any store in that kind of long term planning built on sand.

47 minutes ago, adamntg said:

You mean the Scottish Government approach of saying that as of the 24th February we cannot say whether the 21st June is going to be the exact date that the science dictates it's safe to open society again?

The more you think about it, the idea that anyone can confidently predict a date four months in the future when everything will be ok is absolute bunkum.  Maybe we'll get there before that date?  I hope so.

I doubt UEFA will put any store in that kind of long term planning built on sand.

I get that but UEFA won’t allow things to drag on indefinitely , the Scottish science always seems to be different from everywhere else’s science .

SFA won’t be allowed a come back to us late may type approach 

8 minutes ago, Debian said:

Fortunately regardless of fans being in or not, I've secured an 'Admin' gig with the SFA due to having a good pal in there and will be at all games due to be played at Hampden.

Great news.Thanks for sharing it with us.I'm sure you deserve it.

22 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Possibly but if england has crowds and we do not, that may not go down too well with the SNP flag wavers in our support.

Figured there would be a political undercurrent to your posts when you mentioned ‘Scottish science’ being different from elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, jailender said:

The games will be played in empty stadiums

That’s what I’m hoping for now. Just put us out our misery. I’m no really interested in going to a ie. 30% full stadium. 
We’ve waited 23 years to play at a tournament yet we can’t get excited at the upcoming Euros - no plans made, no meeting up with pals, no Fan Zones, no pubs before and after, wear a mask to the game, no going absolutely mental with the strangers next to you at last minute winners, no celebrating all night long......

A waterered down tournament after all we’ve been through since 1998 sounds utter pish to me. 

Edited by McTeeko

I tried not to make it political earlier but these decisions are political to a degree.

England believe they can hold the whole tournament now. It does need a decision soon which I think we will get , but I would rather watch Scotland somwhere even with some crowds , than an empty stadium even if it is at Hampden.

Edit: Host nations have to tell UEFA what commitment to the tournament they can offer by March 5th

Edited by DAVIDB46

55 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I tried not to make it political earlier but these decisions are political to a degree.

England believe they can hold the whole tournament now. It does need a decision soon which I think we will get , but I would rather watch Scotland somwhere even with some crowds , than an empty stadium even if it is at Hampden.

Edit: Host nations have to tell UEFA what commitment to the tournament they can offer by March 5th

5 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I get that but UEFA won’t allow things to drag on indefinitely , the Scottish science always seems to be different from everywhere else’s science .

SFA won’t be allowed a come back to us late may type approach 

6 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

no, not political at all. Or not very bright. 

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

That’s what I’m hoping for now. Just put us out our misery. I’m no really interested in going to a ie. 30% full stadium. 
We’ve waited 23 years to play at a tournament yet we can’t get excited at the upcoming Euros - no plans made, no meeting up with pals, no Fan Zones, no pubs before and after, wear a mask to the game, no going absolutely mental with the strangers next to you at last minute winners, no celebrating all night long......

A waterered down tournament after all we’ve been through since 1998 sounds utter pish to me. 

100% agree, it’s about so much more than just the 90 minutes. 

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Despite what Nicola is saying the pubs will be open by then and there will be supporters in the stadiums. The only major restrictions will be in relation to travel which is pretty good when you have home advantage in two of the games.

Worst case scenario I'll sit in the garden with my mates and listen to it on the radio for old time sake.

Whatever happens I'll love every minute of it.

From Twitter this afternoon and BEIN Sports journo

Tancredi Palmeri

@tancredipalmeri

BOOM!

Euro2021 very likely to be played solely in England as UEFA are opting for the one hosting country format and England is the one they believe being in best position to do so.

Decision expected to be taken within mid-April

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I understand this is off topic, and feel free to IM me, but why are so many of you so comfortable with a rushed experimental vaccine using technology never used before for a virus that has a 99.9+% survival rate?  

My maths probably in't  what it used to be but is 0.1 % of 5 million  5000, if so can we  assume that every one in Scotland has had the virus

Not sure why people don't believe the figures, but excess deaths suggest we are miles past your estimates.

Figures released by countries are probably way under for political reasons but even they are already way past that figure.

Imagine 5000 was the death figure but we had a vaccine that had  a 85% success rate going by your figures I think that would mean expected deaths , would be 750. probably less than seasonal flu.

Again maths is probably not my best subject.