Your first XI and formation for Serbia - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your first XI and formation for Serbia

Taylor1996

Marshall 

Mctominay McKenna Tierney 

Palmer                      Robertson 

Jack      McGregor 

Armstrong       McGinn

Dykes

Christie and Griff off the bench to make an impact. 

6 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Not bad at all, going for the 3 big lads at the back but essentially still finding room for Tierney. 

i would ask tierney to play more defensively, expecting Armstrong to provide width on the right, with cooper providing cover for Robertson as he bombed forward.  Gallagher I would ask to follow mitrovic.

Marshall

Tierney        McKenna     Cooper     Robertson

Armstrong           McTominay   McGregor    Christie 

McGinn

McBurnie.

Four left footed defenders and four right footed midfielders but at last it won't be the  death by boredom we can expect tonight using the recent formation.

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Gallagher deserves to keep his place. Arguably so does Considine. McTominay to stay in back three. I don't rate Palmer at all so would play O'Donnell. Armstrong and Christie in for Fraser and Jack would also be my call.

However think Clarke will allow Jack to keep his place and Tierney will be shoe-horned in. 

I wouldn't say playing Tierney left side of a back three  like he does for his club in stead of  30 something Considine shoe horning 

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Marshall 

Mctominay McKenna Tierney 

Palmer                      Robertson 

Jack      McGregor 

Armstrong       McGinn

Dykes

Christie and Griff off the bench to make an impact. 

This, I think. Harsh on Gallagher, I think, though.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I wouldn't say playing Tierney left side of a back three  like he does for his club in stead of  30 something Considine shoe horning 

I implied the back three should be McTominay, Gallagher and Considine. Bringing Tierney in to play in any position other than centre half or left wing back would be shoe-horning, 

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I implied the back three should be McTominay, Gallagher and Considine. Bringing Tierney in to play in any position other than centre half or left wing back would be shoe-horning, 

Hadn't thought of him playing any were other than right side of back three, a straight swap for Considine is the only way he will be in the team.

45 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hadn't thought of him playing any were other than right side of back three, a straight swap for Considine is the only way he will be in the team.

Who do want to play "right side of back three"? Are you getting your feet mixed up?