Ready to go....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ready to go....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Big Ramy 1314

30 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Maybe so, but I would like to think that with the game being only 3 days away that any player carrying an injury would let it be known so Clarke can work on his strongest team.

COVID will be our biggest threat over the next 3 days I think. 

40 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Yes not good news, just saw it on BBC Sport website.

Play Griffiths alongside Dykes? Or push Armstrong or McGinn into a supporting role behind Dykes?

Looks like apart from those two it is a fully fit squad.🙂

I would not start Griff. See how the match is going. 2nd half, depending on the score and how we are playing. Griff has not had enough match time to last from the start.. Defo who you want on around the 65th, 70 minute mark.. Even if extra time, I think Griff could handle it. He is the best finisher we have, and has the experience. Oh, and he is no bad at set piece free kicks..😉

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would not start Griff. See how the match is going. 2nd half, depending on the score and how we are playing. Griff has not had enough match time to last from the start.. Defo who you want on around the 65th, 70 minute mark.. Even if extra time, I think Griff could handle it. He is the best finisher we have, and has the experience. Oh, and he is no bad at set piece free kicks..😉

I will repeat what I have said before. Big Rami ( nearly quarter past 1 in the afternoon) is the most positive poster on here. Well done BR!!

Back on track, would rather have Fraser than not but Armstrong was brilliant the other night playing further further forward and his energy levels are better than Frasers. Definite replacement without losing anything. 

Lets get this done boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Griff will surely be involved in one of the 3 matches coming up and agree a good alternative from the bench although can see him starting soon enough. Got the week off work so roll on Thursday.

29 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

I will repeat what I have said before. Big Rami ( nearly quarter past 1 in the afternoon) is the most positive poster on here. Well done BR!!

Back on track, would rather have Fraser than not but Armstrong was brilliant the other night playing further further forward and his energy levels are better than Frasers. Definite replacement without losing anything. 

Lets get this done boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Its all set up for a griffiths free kick in the dying moments when the game is on a knife edge.......queue absolute euphoria as we all go ape shit and qualify for the euros

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Its all set up for a griffiths free kick in the dying moments when the game is on a knife edge.......queue absolute euphoria as we all go ape shit and qualify for the euros

Big man, that would be something. I have dreamt that exact scenario to be honest.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Guest ElChris04

Losing Fraser is a big blow, but having Griffiths back is a real big positive one, weather he starts or not (I don’t think he will) we all know the quality he has to have him as an option on the bench so it’s a real feel good factor having him back in the squad. 

Nervous for the game would be an understatement, Serbia have some seriously good players so it’ll be a incredibly tough game as we all know.

Just hope and pray we come out the other end with a result, leave nothing out there and who knows...we all could see our country at a major tournament again, and the first in my lifetime. 

Edited by ElChris04

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Big man, that would be something. I have dreamt that exact scenario to be honest.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

no you havent

6 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Losing Fraser is a big blow, but having Griffiths back is a real big positive one, weather he starts or not (I don’t think he will) we all know the quality he has to have him as an option on the bench so it’s a real feel good factor having him back in the squad. 

Nervous for the game would be an understatement, Serbia have some seriously good players so it’ll be a incredibly tough game as we all know.

Just hope and pray we come out the other end with a result, leave nothing out there and who knows...we all could see our country at a major tournament again, and the first in my lifetime

Man, that sucks. 

Makes me feel a bit better about not being at a tournament since France 98 as at least I’ve had a chance to go to a couple but it also makes me feel like an old bastard. 

7 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Just hope and pray we come out the other end with a result, leave nothing out there and who knows...we all could see our country at a major tournament again, and the first in my lifetime. 

Growing up I only remember 96 and 98 (still in school for those two). We totally took it for granted and we thought, or at least, I did, that qualifying for a finals was a regular thing.

Wrong.

My nephew is in the same boat as you. Never known a tournament. He was born in 96.

For this generation of kids, and the previous generation, (hopefully) if we qualify it'll make them fall in love with the national team.

Guest ElChris04
6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Man, that sucks. 

Makes me feel a bit better about not being at a tournament since France 98 as at least I’ve had a chance to go to a couple but it also makes me feel like an old bastard. 

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Growing up I only remember 96 and 98 (still in school for those two). We totally took it for granted and we thought, or at least, I did, that qualifying for a finals was a regular thing.

Wrong.

My nephew is in the same boat as you. Never known a tournament. He was born in 96.

For this generation of kids, and the previous generation, (hopefully) if we qualify it'll make them fall in love with the national team.

I was born in 99 so a year after our very last major tournament unfortunately ahaha so aye quite the tough viewing at times and just desperate to have that feel.

My late uncle had the fortune of following Scotland through the 80s and 90s and talked about how Great the feeling was watching your country at a major tournament. He’s the one who took me to first Scotland game in 2010 in that 3-2 loss to Spain at Hampden and plenty more games, always talked about following Scotland when we do qualify for tournament next, then unfortunately he passed away in 2013, despite not seeing Scotland at a tournament yet I still have some really great memories thanks to him. 

will have a much more special feeling when we eventually do in my lifetime for me for that reason more so than anything. Here’s hoping. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

That Hope is a killer

had a look at the tarot cards tonight. On a three card question about the match on a head ,heart and outcome I was offered the 6,7and 8 of wands. 
I will take that as a sure sign we’re up for a rollercoaster of emotions  that will send us on a journey. 

did ask my was one year old in 98er if he’s watching the game . “Why would I do that ?” 

just shows a uni education and masters empties what actually matters. 

5 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

I was born in 99 so a year after our very last major tournament unfortunately ahaha so aye quite the tough viewing at times and just desperate to have that feel.

My late uncle had the fortune of following Scotland through the 80s and 90s and talked about how Great the feeling was watching your country at a major tournament. He’s the one who took me to first Scotland game in 2010 in that 3-2 loss to Spain at Hampden and plenty more games, always talked about following Scotland when we do qualify for tournament next, then unfortunately he passed away in 2013, despite not seeing Scotland at a tournament yet I still have some really great memories thanks to him. 

will have a much more special feeling when we eventually do in my lifetime for me for that reason more so than anything. Here’s hoping. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Yikes. Unlucky. You can't even say that you were alive when we partook in a tournament. That's rough, buddy. ;)

Yeah. I was the same with my nephew, unfortunately, though, over time he fell out of love with the national team. He'll watched the Israel and prefer Czech match, so he might be back in the fold. He'll definitely be watching then match on Thursday with me. Otherwise I'd kill him.

Aww. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. But sounds like he imparted his love for Scotland onto you. :) And yeah, he's right, it's a mixture of pride and... Your stomach resembling a tumble dryer. I remember 98, on the day of the Brazil match. I was in the toilet for about 5 straight hours.... Because... Brazil and peak Ronaldo. Should've been more worried about Tom Boyd... Kidding. Nothing he could've done. Still underlines our luck, or lack thereof.

Here's hoping. :)

Edited by Taylor1996

9 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

:lol:

Didn't you say a few days ago that I was advising "Craig Brown" to play with three at the back?

Could you link me to that post, please. I'd gosh darn love to read it. Thank you. :)

Knowing you people, it was a person you were accusing of being me. lol.

Edited by Taylor1996

10 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

:lol:

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/15605-steve-clarke-interview/&do=findComment&comment=610910

Here's the accusation you made that I was "Advising Craig Brown on 3 at the back."

Now back up your claim. If you can.

Or is it a lie? Is it any wonder that I refer to the Mob here as "Trump Army": The bombastic nature, the anger and the hostility and the never-ending stream of blatant lies.

A few people have tried to rile me up over x amount of time here, but going after my age must be the lamest. Correction, it is the latest.

Edited by Taylor1996

On 11/8/2020 at 6:47 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, if I am correct, every player except Fraser, that Clarke has named to the squad is fit and ready to go.. All weekend matches have been played..  Nerves are starting already.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Apologies for spamming your thread, mate. 

Just taking Wee Tim to school. 

Anyway.

I'm feeling insanely optimistic for Thursday!

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/15605-steve-clarke-interview/&do=findComment&comment=610910

Here's the accusation you made that I was "Advising Craig Brown on 3 at the back."

Now back up your claim. If you can.

Or is it a lie? Is it any wonder that I refer to the Mob here as "Trump Army": The bombastic nature, the anger and the hostility and the never-ending stream of blatant lies.

A few people have tried to rile me up over x amount of time here, but going after my age must be the lamest. Correction, it is the latest.

Apologies wee man, 'advise' was the wrong word, should have been 'remember'. Your memory can play tricks with you when you get older. Something you probably don’t need to worry about for a long time. :wink2:

You seem very touchy about it though. I’m just trying to get the mob, as you call them, to realise you’re just a young, over enthusiastic laddie and to cut you some slack. I don’t think they’re taking your age into consideration when they have a go at your posting style.

Anyhoo, here’s the post I referred to where you make yourself appear older than someone born in 1996.

1732750479_Screenshot2020-11-11at08_45_02.png.7147b4538f06f9b5007bbcf5e128cb08.png

And here's mine replying to you after I'd previously said I found it interesting when people used dates or numbers in their usernames. Where I refer to you "remembering".

872904243_Screenshot2020-11-11at08_53_23.png.b0dbfa6d8492f007046d6730f31aa96d.png

Back on topic. Hope you and your nephew enjoy the game. Mon the Scots.

4 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Apologies wee man, 'advise' was the wrong word, should have been 'remember'. Your memory can play tricks with you when you get older. Something you probably don’t need to worry about for a long time. :wink2:

You seem very touchy about it though. I’m just trying to get the mob, as you call them, to realise you’re just a young, over enthusiastic laddie and to cut you some slack. I don’t think they’re taking your age into consideration when they have a go at your posting style.

Anyhoo, here’s the post I referred to where you make yourself appear older than someone born in 1996.

1732750479_Screenshot2020-11-11at08_45_02.png.7147b4538f06f9b5007bbcf5e128cb08.png

And here's mine replying to you after I'd previously said I found it interesting when people used dates or numbers in their usernames. Where I refer to you "remembering".

872904243_Screenshot2020-11-11at08_53_23.png.b0dbfa6d8492f007046d6730f31aa96d.png

Back on topic. Hope you and your nephew enjoy the game. Mon the Scots.

Well, as apologizes go, that was awful.

There's a massive difference between "Advising" (you're talking like I knew Craig Brown personally) and "remember".

Once more with feeling...

Touchy? Not at all. I'm just rather weirded out by your fascination with my age. It's a little stalkerish, if truth be told.

I don't have to prove anything. The mob here (including you, it would appear) are steeped in paranoia. I could upload my birth certificate and you'd accuse me of editing it.

My posting style? What, you mean, the zero abuse, zero abusive behaviour and treating people with the utmost respect, till they conduct themselves in a way that denies them such a courtesy? 

Yes. Very immature.

47 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Well, as apologizes go, that was awful.

There's a massive difference between "Advising" (you're talking like I knew Craig Brown personally) and "remember".

Once more with feeling...

Touchy? Not at all. I'm just rather weirded out by your fascination with my age. It's a little stalkerish, if truth be told.

I don't have to prove anything. The mob here (including you, it would appear) are steeped in paranoia. I could upload my birth certificate and you'd accuse me of editing it.

My posting style? What, you mean, the zero abuse, zero abusive behaviour and treating people with the utmost respect, till they conduct themselves in a way that denies them such a courtesy? 

Yes. Very immature.

If I'm honest I wasn't really apologising, more like explaining.

Not fascinated at all just amused that you talk of remembering Craig Brown's time as manager yet have 1996 in your username. Very often people put a date in their username that is their birthdate. My original comment was that I found yours interesting. It appears like a year of birth yet you talked of remembering something about 3 at the back when you were possibly 3 years old. Maybe you were remembering the number on the back of your Scotland baby grow? 

I must have struck a chord because you've not shut up about it since. :rolleyes:

Your posting style: Post your opinion on something once. Then repeat it again and again and again whilst telling people how right you were and how everyone should bow down to your superior knowledge of the game and thank you. That sort of posting style is very troll like and is probably the reason you've been banned more than once. It might not be verbal abuse but it is mental torture.

You're welcome.

9 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

If I'm honest I wasn't really apologising, more like explaining.

Not fascinated at all just amused that you talk of remembering Craig Brown's time as manager yet have 1996 in your username. Very often people put a date in their username that is their birthdate. My original comment was that I found yours interesting. It appears like a year of birth yet you talked of remembering something about 3 at the back when you were possibly 3 years old. Maybe you were remembering the number on the back of your Scotland baby grow? 

I must have struck a chord because you've not shut up about it since. :rolleyes:

Your posting style: Post your opinion on something once. Then repeat it again and again and again whilst telling people how right you were and how everyone should bow down to your superior knowledge of the game and thank you. That sort of posting style is very troll like and is probably the reason you've been banned more than once. It might not be verbal abuse but it is mental torture.

You're welcome.

Gee.. Really? I hadn't noticed.

Yes. You mentioned that a while back. I said that you were wrong. You said "fair enough". I said "No harm done". That was the end of it.. Or so I thought.

Yeah. Wasn't born in 1996. Not sure why you're so fixated on this. You called me a "Young laddie" and you're following me around. That's not at all "To catch a predatoresque"... 

I haven't been able to shut up about it? I mentioned that I have a nephew that was born in 96, in this thread, and you laughed. Could you explain?

Oh. You don't like it? No one is forcing you to post here. Really. Is this a difficult concept? Seems like the same old mob are moaning about people and asking for them to be banned.

Here's a solution. Take your little mob (it's been proven that they are in the minority) and create a new posting board.

You're welcome.

Edited by Taylor1996