Sfa Wake Up Call - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Wake Up Call

Doric

Surely yesterdays dismall attendance will wake the SFA up about ticket prices. Drop them now and refund the difference to those who have all ready paid !!!!! Admit defeat.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should people who are daft enough to pay those prices get a refund?

Spot on. If you buy something before Christmas, you don't get money back once the price drops on Boxing Day.

If people hasn't bought the tickets, the prices would have already been reduced.

Not only were the ticket prices steep having a full league fixture list was an own goal aswell.It didnt help the national side one bit and certainly didnt help the clubs who depend on punters coming through the turnstiles.Those at the sfa and spfl really dont have a clue.

Why should people who are daft enough to pay those prices get a refund?

Not going to happen I know but if prices were dropped to fill stadium then those who have all ready bought would be entitled to refund.

Keith Jackson was on the money here (pardon the pun)...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-just-scotland-worth-4428584

Can't see prices being reduced without a refund to season ticket holders given that part of the sales pitch for STs highlighted the saving they gave you over individual tickets...

Edited by Toepoke

I wouldn't mind paying the £45 / £35 a ticket against Germany at home i would complain but i would still go however i cant justify paying that sort of price to watch Georgia or Gibraltar like the article says just as Scotland are worth watching again to many people they price the fans out, Had i known the prices was going to be like this i wouldn't have bothered with a SSC membership and just used it for ticket money.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-just-scotland-worth-4428584

Can't see prices being reduced without a refund to season ticket holders given that part of the sales pitch for STs highlighted the saving they gave you over individual tickets...

One of the very few articles he's written where he speaks sense. He should relay that to his colleague Gordon Parks who basically said "deal with it and pay up".

If the SFA are serious about getting a close to full house for Gibraltar (without giving away freebies to counicls etc), they will have to lower ticket prices to a maximum of £25 and give ST holders a part-refund taking this into account. There is no way that non ST holders or non SSC members will pay £42/£45 to watch a team who have conceded 14 goals in two games. They won't though and expect them to build the game up as "be part of history" (the quote Anne Marie Bannon gave me when she spoke to me about my complaint about the prices).

Edited by John_B81

One of the very few articles he's written where he speaks sense. He should relay that to his colleague Gordon Parks who basically said "deal with it and pay up".

If the SFA are serious about getting a close to full house for Gibraltar (without giving away freebies to counicls etc), they will have to lower ticket prices to a maximum of £25 and give ST holders a part-refund taking this into account. There is no way that non ST holders or non SSC members will pay £42/£45 to watch a team who have conceded 14 goals in two games. They won't though and expect them to build the game up as "be part of history" (the quote Anne Marie Bannon gave me when she spoke to me about my complaint about the prices).

This won't happen

The crowd v Gibraltar on a Sunday could be potentially embarrassing. Sunday night and hopefully I'm way off but with nothing to play for.

I won't hold my breath but the SFA need to think long and hard about future pricing.

Failing to get a bigger crowd for a Saturday home game when A we have all too play for and B the fans are as excited about the team since the 2008 campaign should be a concern for the SFA

Edited by ParisInAKilt

yes hes bang on the money along with leckie and john greechan but a bit late.where were they when ticket prices were announced,they should have mentioned made their feelings known then when ticket prices were first announced not after they see a crowd thousands below capacity for our first home qualifier on a saturday.if it had been a full house or near as damn i`m sure their columns wouldn,t have read "tartan army turn out in huge numbers despite high ticket prices"it wouldnt never have got column space

i cant see ticket prices reduced full stop

Edited by Langtonian

yes hes bang on the money along with leckie and john greechan but a bit late.where were they when ticket prices were announced,they should have mentioned made their feelings known then when ticket prices were first announced not after they see a crowd thousands below capacity for our first home qualifier on a saturday.if it had been a full house or near as damn i`m sure their columns wouldn,t have read "tartan army turn out in huge numbers despite high ticket prices"it wouldnt never have got column space

i cant see ticket prices reduced full stop

Spot on! The support is good now but was needed then. Instead we got Pompus Gordon Parks sucking up to the SFA and telling us to get over it.

Bottom line is that if the SFA sell 30k tickets @ £40 = £1.4m as opposed to selling 50k @ £25 = £1,25m. I fear that they will continue with this strategy, not give a toss what the fans say, until the numbers plummet, and they lose money on a game. Hopefully,the Gibraltar game might do just that.