Hope Over Fear - George Square Today - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hope Over Fear - George Square Today

Yeah because whenever people are in a minority they should just shut up about it. What a different world we would live in if that was how democracy worked

Respect freedom of speech and freedom to gather. Respect freedom to comment and to walk through my home city without being bothered by sooners which I had to put up with for 2+ years.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect freedom of speech and freedom to gather. Respect freedom to comment and to walk through my home city without being bothered by sooners which I had to put up with for 2+ years.

Folk fae Oklahoma were annoying you Alan?

Wis it aw the showtunes?

:sing:

I'm just a girl who cain't say no,

I'm in a terrible fix

I always say "come on, let's go!"

I can see how that would annoy a nawbag.

Are all you jags (and I include Flora in this) mad tories then?

(Thank I dont support yous is all I can say.)

Most certainly not. :angry:

In fact, a poll on one Jags forum showed support for Yes at 74% (I think), and in the real world the wonderful district of Maryhill recorded one the highest Yes votes in the country.

So there.

In fact, a poll on one Jags forum showed support for Yes at 74% (I think), and in the real world the wonderful district of Maryhill recorded one the highest Yes votes in the country.

So there.

I'd guess a good number of 'Tartan Tories' favoured independence; they're not going to make a comeback while tied to Westminster Conservatism.

I'd guess a good number of 'Tartan Tories' favoured independence; they're not going to make a comeback while tied to Westminster Conservatism.

That's possibly true, but such people tend to be concentrated in the north east and support teams from that part of the world.

So there.

Jags' support is definitely heavily Yes, but Maryhill itself a isn't hotbed of Thistle fans. I know Summerston well (too well...) and it's basically a reservation for Celtic fans.

So there.

Ok but you can't explain away Alan.

Jags' support is definitely heavily Yes, but Maryhill itself a isn't hotbed of Thistle fans. I know Summerston well (too well...) and it's basically a reservation for Celtic fans.

Interesting does this suggest 74% of Maryhill / Celtic fans voted for Yes?

Despite knowing Summerston well I'm not sure whether it's technically in Maryhill, or an area in its own right. The Asda in Summerston is officially Asda Maryhill, but I'm not sure if Asda is the ultimate reference for such matters. I brought Summerston up as it's in the Maryhill & Springburn constituency, which (I think) had the highest percentage Yes vote.

Maryhill itself seems more balanced between Rangers and Celtic; from my own (possibly flawed) experience Thistle fans come mainly from well-heeled areas such as the West End, Bearsden, Milngavie and Bishopbriggs. Using pubs as a guide the Ram's Head is Celtic, while the First & Last directly opposite is Rangers - the Star & Garter is a 'Thistle' pub when the Jags are at home, but is traditionally Celtic - Royalty Alehouse is, unsurprisingly, staunchly Rangers.

Your knowledge of the Glasgow pub scene is truly encyclopedic Mr Endell.

I once told my old pal Pete Z I considered following Thistle when I moved to Glasgow. He asked why and I explained it was near the West End and had a more 'bohemian' support.

"Waaaaaankers..." was his reply whilst giving it the universal hand gesture.

So are they more bohemian?

Edited by thplinth

I mentioned before I have an uncle who supports Thistle. But I have not seen him years. Imagine if I went along to a game, met him, and it turned out he was 'Alan'. That's the kind of shit that happens to me. Not worth the risk.

Has Flora reverted to being a Don?

I'm sure Alan said he was in his early 30s, so unlikely (but not impossible) that he's your uncle.

Flora has occasionally made appearances at Firhill over the years as his 'moch' (his words) is a Jag but he has never joined the Maryhill set.

Hang on a minute here, have you lads not actually met Alan then? (i.e. Are you taking what 'Alan' says about being a jag and 30 on here at face value?)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Moch

(#4?)

No, I've never actually met him. He's definitely a Jag though - he also posts on the wearethistle site (I know that doesn't confirm 100% that he's a Thistle fan but that would be taking any pretence too far...).

Alan uses a different user name on there but it's amazing how people's posting styles and favourite topics give their identity away - he went off on one about Scotland's unhealthy relationship with alcohol, which used to be a favourite of his on here.

Jings, I think I may be an internet stalker.

Edited by Charlie Endell

No, I've never actually met him. He's definitely a Jag though - he also posts on the wearethistle site (I know that doesn't confirm 100% that he's a Thistle fan but that would be taking any pretence too far...).

Agreed that is a conspiracy theory too far... But is it the exact same cheerful happy go lucky loveable Alan you find on here or perhaps someone just associating himself with this Jags Alan?