Season 20/21 - Page 111 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Hibs will be trying mitigate any fine coming their way. Having seen him talk about Scottish Football a few years back at the festival, I'm not quite sure what Hibs were expecting :lol: Is he a regular on their coverage? Doubt he's an expert on the double pivot.

Never though taig was offensive, but then I played football with a boy with that second name. All context I suppose.  

Exactly mate, its all about context with these worda and i include the word hun in that. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Ive just seen the clip. I expect the orcs to react with froth filled rage, those offended by his words will be the same type of gimp who use words like taig and fenian.

Im more dissapppointed in hibs for apolgising. 

Replying to a user who noted that the last line of his joke was missed out in some accounts of the incident, Welsh said: “Because it makes it more obvious that it wasn’t serious and this does not fit the narrative of the professional victim or martyr who craves being offended - usually on behalf of someone else. Other example:

“When I said ‘Some of Hibs recent performances have been as appetizing as the contents of Dennis Neilson’s fridge’ I didn’t LITERALLY mean I would rather eat the contents of his fridge rather than watch Hibs play."

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Replying to a user who noted that the last line of his joke was missed out in some accounts of the incident, Welsh said: “Because it makes it more obvious that it wasn’t serious and this does not fit the narrative of the professional victim or martyr who craves being offended - usually on behalf of someone else. Other example:

“When I said ‘Some of Hibs recent performances have been as appetizing as the contents of Dennis Neilson’s fridge’ I didn’t LITERALLY mean I would rather eat the contents of his fridge rather than watch Hibs play."

What is modern society like?  You cannot say anything in fun without someone trying to pull you up about it.  I would hate to be a comedian now.  You have to watch every word you say and then explain it or you will be reported.

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Brilliant reply, Scottish football needs more people like him

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

What is modern society like?  You cannot say anything in fun without someone trying to pull you up about it.  I would hate to be a comedian now.  You have to watch every word you say and then explain it or you will be reported.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Brilliant reply, Scottish football needs more people like him

Yeah.

I also think the fact it was Irvine Welsh that made the comment makes it less contentious . Might have been a tad more controversial  if Barbara Cartland had said it. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah.

I also think the fact it was Irvine Welsh that made the comment makes it less contentious . Might have been a tad more controversial  if Barbara Cartland had said it. 

I can't even use my get my wife an iron for her xmas now Tyder.  Seen as sexist.  Ridiculous nowadays.  I still have it btw if you need it.  I can get it with a sticker on it with your name!!!  I got divorced so not been used for ages 😄

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I can't even use my get my wife an iron for her xmas now Tyder.  Seen as sexist.  Ridiculous nowadays.  I still have it btw if you need it.  I can get it with a sticker on it with your name!!!  I got divorced so not been used for ages 😄

I dont need an iron RH but I could do with a sharp kitchen knife or a machete.

An old friend of mine on in a wee while.  Leaane Dempster.  Used to get hospitality tickets (which we paid for) for games.  I would take my friends from every side their to the Centenary suite.  £25 each.  You had to pay for your drink but got a programme and pies at half time.  Great days.  Hope she does well at Queens Park.  Lovely person.

I would never want Celtic to drop 3 points, but the league is over, and Aberdeen will never get 2nd, they are shite as always. In saying that, Celtic losing today would be a positive as Lennon would have to get sacked. There is no way back now that Lawell is gone.. I hope..

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen on top of Livi, just waiting for a sucker punch now. We play so much better without a target man, but I’d swap Hayes & Kennedy, save them cutting in so much. 

I can see hibs overtaking aberdeen if mcinnes stays

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would never want Celtic to drop 3 points, but the league is over, and Aberdeen will never get 2nd, they are shite as always. In saying that, Celtic losing today would be a positive as Lennon would have to get sacked. There is no way back now that Lawell is gone.. I hope..

celtic are only a few points ahead of Aberdeen so they must be pretty shite as well :ok: