Scottish Cup.... - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Think folk are trying to give McLean an easy out by saying that Damour got a very slight push in the back, but not enough for a penalty.

Even if it was a push and a penalty it's another decision that's wrong!  If it's a push and a penalty, give the penalty, if not it's deliberate handball and a second yellow.  I don't really see any shades of grey.

4 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Think folk are trying to give McLean an easy out by saying that Damour got a very slight push in the back, but not enough for a penalty.

A push is a push, whether its hard or not, it's a push. 

It's like Celtics goal at Pitoddrie the other week, embarrassing defending by McKenna but at the same time he was shoved by Griffith's. 

30 minutes ago, Farcity said:

A push is a push, whether its hard or not, it's a push. 

It's like Celtics goal at Pitoddrie the other week, embarrassing defending by McKenna but at the same time he was shoved by Griffith's. 

Be as well binning the sport altogether then. You'll never stop giving free kicks and penalties if that's the route you fancy.

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That's what McGregor was going mental about.  The goal was originally given till someone had a word in the ref's ear and he changed the decision.  However the Hearts player had already been booked so it is as clear a second yellow card as you'll ever see so he should have been off.  It's another staggeringly bad decision.  I only really watch Rangers games so can't really comment on the others, although I've no reason to imagine it'll be any different, but this season there seems to be at least 1 or 2 horrifically bad decisions every game.  I'm not just talking giving a corner the wrong way etc but incorrect decisions that could impact the outcome of the game.

A Ross County caught the ball last week at pittodrie about 5 minutes into the game about 3 yards away from going out for a throw. No punishment handed out. 

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Be as well binning the sport altogether then. You'll never stop giving free kicks and penalties if that's the route you fancy.

Not saying I agree with it but that's the rules, you either apt them or you don't. It's like they give fuck all ever for a shove in the box but outside normally they can't blow quick enough. 

On 3/2/2020 at 5:43 PM, dandydunn said:

A Ross County caught the ball last week at pittodrie about 5 minutes into the game about 3 yards away from going out for a throw. No punishment handed out. 

From the description of that one, there was no need for a card.

There are only certain criteria where handling the ball has to be a caution.

They are:

• handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack

• handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal

Edited by Cove_Sheep

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

From the description of that one, there was no need for a card.

There are only certain criteria where handling the ball has to be a caution.

So you can just catch the ball when you want and escape a booking, but if it hits you accidentally, it’s a booking/potential sending off and a penalty?

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

So you can just catch the ball when you want and escape a booking, but if it hits you accidentally, it’s a booking/potential sending off and a penalty?

I've added the two criteria where it has to be a caution to my reply.

21 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, give each team a 50/50 split then hand over the remains. No need for another Hibs fiasco and a half empty stadium.

Correct. It saves Aberdeen moaning about not getting a fair allocation, gives the fans the opportunity to go, then gives them no wiggle room to greet about it not being fair and more of an advantage to Celtic. 

But I doubt any of that will happen. 

21 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, give each team a 50/50 split then hand over the remains. No need for another Hibs fiasco and a half empty stadium.

The problem with that is that it means all your loyal fans end up stuck behind the goals and in the event they sell that, the public sale get the better seats.

Although I’m not a fan of the Hibs scenario either where they have a few thousand in north stand, few thousand behind the goal and 5-10,000 empty seats.

Its a tricky one.

Could they just use the north stand for Aberdeen hospitality? Then they can segregate at halfway and let Aberdeen go round behind the goal as far as possible, and give Celtic the rest?

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

The problem with that is that it means all your loyal fans end up stuck behind the goals and in the event they sell that, the public sale get the better seats.

Although I’m not a fan of the Hibs scenario either where they have a few thousand in north stand, few thousand behind the goal and 5-10,000 empty seats.

Its a tricky one.

Could they just use the north stand for Aberdeen hospitality? Then they can segregate at halfway and let Aberdeen go round behind the goal as far as possible, and give Celtic the rest?

Just give them 10k. That’s more than enough.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Its a tricky one.

There's no hospitality in the North? There's the Skybox or whatever it's called but that's it?

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Its a tricky one.

Ach, a seat is a seat. If you're wanting to go to the match then you'll not be massively arsed where you get sat.