World Football Thread.... - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

he could have stayed at Barce, and played for sweets - not as though he even needs 1,000 a week 

Agreed, the tears were a bit much at his press conference. 

The league apparently said no to him taking a 50% cut in wages

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

he could have stayed at Barce, and played for sweets - not as though he even needs 1,000 a week 

Heard that it doesn't matter if he was to play for free as Barca are over some sort of La Liga wage cap so have to reduce that before they can register any more players. Not sure how accurate that is, just a story doing the rounds at work today. 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Agreed, the tears were a bit much at his press conference. 

The league apparently said no to him taking a 50% cut in wages

They did seem genuine though but then I can’t be objective when it comes to Messi, easily the best player I’ve seen. 

6 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Heard that it doesn't matter if he was to play for free as Barca are over some sort of La Liga wage cap so have to reduce that before they can register any more players. Not sure how accurate that is, just a story doing the rounds at work today. 

That’s what Sid Lowe has said. I suppose he would be considered a new player and because he’s unregistered as a result of his contract ending it could be true. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

They did seem genuine though but then I can’t be objective when it comes to Messi, easily the best player I’ve seen. 

I'm probably being harsh on him

He is the best player of this generation, it was great seeing him win the copa America with Argentina.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Messi signs for PSG

25m upfront fee to him

25m tax free each year for two years

😳

Surely with the players PSG have signed recently they must have burst the financial fare play stuff to the moon & back 🤔

51 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Surely with the players PSG have signed recently they must have burst the financial fare play stuff to the moon & back 🤔

The wages for each will be obscene but getting Donnarumma, Ramos, Wijnaldum and Messi all on free transfers during the same window is decent business!

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The wages for each will be obscene but getting Donnarumma, Ramos, Wijnaldum and Messi all on free transfers during the same window is decent business!

Hope they don’t come in for Ryan Hedges 😜

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

I think I read that these were 'slacked' to mitigate the effects of drop offs in revenue due to Covid....

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

I think this is calculated over a 3 year period, so PSGs attitude is if they can win the champions league they'll deal with the consequences in 3 years 😄

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone else hoping PSG fail miserably with their new version of the galacticos? 

Honestly I’d be happy if Messi wins 2 more CL’s, 2 leagues and retires or moves to the US but it’s just beyond a joke now, apparently their wage bill is 500 million per year while other clubs in the league is 20 million. “Financial fair play” is a joke. 

None of this will surprise anyone on here and this has been an issue for years now but the same people salivating over Messi, Neymar and Mbappe (and I include myself in that) should realise that this is only helping the argument for a super league. 

TLDR. Love Messi but hate fitba 😂

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Honestly I’d be happy if Messi wins 2 more CL’s, 2 leagues and retires or moves to the US but it’s just beyond a joke now, apparently their wage bill is 500 million per year while other clubs in the league is 20 million. “Financial fair play” is a joke. 

None of this will surprise anyone on here and this has been an issue for years now but the same people salivating over Messi, Neymar and Mbappe (and I include myself in that) should realise that this is only helping the argument for a super league. 

TLDR. Love Messi but hate fitba 😂

It's safe to say messi can add two league titles to his cabinet, it's would be the biggest spectacular failure if psg lost the league. I see their wins as hollow.

FFP is a pile of shite, it does nothing to even the playing field but then again it wasn't brought in to do that. 

These super clubs have destroyed the sport, they've more or less got their super league in all but name

Many fans finally saw just what their rich owners are planning to do first chance they get. The super league. Over a hundred years of history and tradition will be thrown to one side as they all seek to enrich themselves to the cost of every national league in Europe (for sure but probably also longer term the world). These clubs sold their souls to the devil effectively when the sugar daddies bought them over. But these billionaire owners have absolutely zero emotional connection with the clubs or the fans of these clubs. I am pretty confident they most likely don't even like their fans very much. They'll be replaced by 'consumers' anyway as the future generation of glory hunters all gravitate around a couple of dozen totally soulless mega clubs while everything else withers.

PSG are apparently are the heart of trying to pull it off along with the wanks running Real Madrid and Juventus. It will happen. They just were shocked at the fans reaction. Just shows how massively out of touch they are with them, clueless it seems. These owners will be kicking themselves that they tipped their hand too early. They'll let it die down, regroup and try again somehow until they get what they want. They have so much money and football at the top level is so incredibly corrupt...

Could never support any club that Neymar plays for anyway. Parrot-heided cunt.

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's safe to say messi can add two league titles to his cabinet, it's would be the biggest spectacular failure if psg lost the league. I see their wins as hollow.

FFP is a pile of shite, it does nothing to even the playing field but then again it wasn't brought in to do that. 

These super clubs have destroyed the sport, they've more or less got their super league in all but name

Can’t disagree with any of that. 

Don’t get me wrong I’d prefer they beat City of Chelsea in a final but aye it’s hollow and the game has been lost to oligarchs and royal families.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Many fans finally saw just what their rich owners are planning to do first chance they get. The super league. Over a hundred years of history and tradition will be thrown to one side as they all seek to enrich themselves to the cost of every national league in Europe (for sure but probably also longer term the world). These clubs sold their souls to the devil effectively when the sugar daddies bought them over. But these billionaire owners have absolutely zero emotional connection with the clubs or the fans of these clubs. I am pretty confident they most likely don't even like their fans very much. They'll be replaced by 'consumers' anyway as the future generation of glory hunters all gravitate around a couple of dozen totally soulless mega clubs while everything else withers.

PSG are apparently are the heart of trying to pull it off along with the wanks running Real Madrid and Juventus. It will happen. They just were shocked at the fans reaction. Just shows how massively out of touch they are with them, clueless it seems. These owners will be kicking themselves that they tipped their hand too early. They'll let it die down, regroup and try again somehow until they get what they want. They have so much money and football at the top level is so incredibly corrupt...

Could never support any club that Neymar plays for anyway. Parrot-heided cunt.

I think PSG stayed out of the super league drama, at least in the public but they’d be the first to jump if it was a viable option. 

Only a matter of time. 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Can’t disagree with any of that. 

Don’t get me wrong I’d prefer they beat City of Chelsea in a final but aye it’s hollow and the game has been lost to oligarchs and royal families.

I can't watch the CL anymore. It's a fixed and repetative boring competition. Yes I know its where the best players play and the football is supposedly the best but for me football is not about that. I've been more entertained watching Highland League matches....... football doesn't need 22 billionaires on the pitch to be entertaining. 

The CL last 16 can be named before a ball is kicked and its down to what, 4 or 5 spaces unless you qualify through on of the super rich leagues?

It's fucking disgrace.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't watch the CL anymore. It's a fixed and repetative boring competition. Yes I know its where the best players play and the football is supposedly the best but for me football is not about that. I've been more entertained watching Highland League matches....... football doesn't need 22 billionaires on the pitch to be entertaining. 

The CL last 16 can be named before a ball is kicked and its down to what, 4 or 5 spaces unless you qualify through on of the super rich leagues?

It's fucking disgrace.

I’ll watch the odd game but it’s like watching a marvel film, half the players are probably on gear as well 😂