World Football Thread.... - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

• 2 weeks later...

Was bored, so watched a bit of a documentary on that tit Neymar. Couple journalists, so called football experts in Sao Paulo saying Neymar will score more goals, and be a far better player than Pele. They also said if Pele played today, he would struggle, and if Neymar played in Pele's day, Neymar would score 12 goals a game. I shit you not, it's on Netflix. These people walk amongst us..  I cant even begin to respond to this. 🤣

49 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Watching the Canada vs Hundurus WC qualifier tonight. Was doing some research on Canada's only WC appearance in 1986.. Could not believe Colin Millar played for 7 Scottish clubs in his career. That has to be a record..

What did they ever do to you? 😊

Top 3 qualify I believe, would always expect the big 2 ( USA and Mexico ) to get there, so Costa Rica beating Panama last night was a great result for Canada ( not that I think you need any help now ) almost there, great achievement. 

DBF157B7-EAA9-4460-9206-12B38DF04D1A.png

15 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Top 3 qualify I believe, would always expect the big 2 ( USA and Mexico ) to get there, so Costa Rica beating Panama last night was a great result for Canada ( not that I think you need any help now ) almost there, great achievement. 

DBF157B7-EAA9-4460-9206-12B38DF04D1A.png

Is Arfield now finished with Canada? 

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Scotland v Canada at the WC later in the year would make life interesting for you 2 back in 🇨🇦 

No for me mate.. Great achievement for all Canadians if Canada qualify, I will watch the matches, but Scotland for me, always has been, always will be...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

28 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

His last cap for them was 2019. 

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wonder if that was due to COVID or was he just dropped?

Looks like a bit of disagreement behind the scenes not helped by Mr Gerrard.

In October 2020 Rangers coach Steven Gerrard suggested that Arfield had retired from international duty.[40] Arfield later refuted the claim in an interview with Rangers TV, stating that his continued involvement with Canada would be up to coach John Herdman.[41] After missing Canada's 2022 World Cup qualifiers in March and June of 2021, Arfield was named to the to the provisional 60-man squad for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup,[42] but did not make the final 23-man team.[43]

Edited by Och Aye

Watched Ecuador v Brazil last night. What a match it was. Raging from start to finish, highly enjoyable for neutral viewers. Here's a highlights package - the football starts at the 2min mark. The ref and VAR were very busy - Brazil keeper Alisson was red carded twice but remained on and Ecuador had two penalties awarded then overturned as well as a goal disallowed by VAR. Imagine one of Scotland's entitled clubs and their fanbase enduring that amount of disappointment during one match 🤣

Edited by morrie21
spelling

4 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Scotland v Canada at the WC later in the year would make life interesting for you 2 back in 🇨🇦 

Travelled to support Scotland at Mexico 86.

It was Canada's first and only World Cup.

I never went to any of their games.

Went to a Canada/Scotland friendly in Toronto in May 1992.

Wore my kilt and supported Scotland.

I cheer for Canada on the TV and would be proud as punch if they qualified for Qatar. 

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Was bored, so watched a bit of a documentary on that tit Neymar. Couple journalists, so called football experts in Sao Paulo saying Neymar will score more goals, and be a far better player than Pele. They also said if Pele played today, he would struggle, and if Neymar played in Pele's day, Neymar would score 12 goals a game. I shit you not, it's on Netflix. These people walk amongst us..  I cant even begin to respond to this. 🤣

As much as I detest Neymar, and haven't seen the documentary, Id somewhat agree with the journalists. Fitba players from 50-60 years ago simply wouldn't cope with todays 'athletes' physical abilities. Obviously Pele with todays physical abilities would be very different, but Id guess that's what the journalists are getting at.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Travelled to support Scotland at Mexico 86.

It was Canada's first and only World Cup.

I never went to any of their games.

Went to a Canada/Scotland friendly in Toronto in May 1992.

Wore my kilt and supported Scotland.

I cheer for Canada on the TV and would be proud as punch if they qualified for Qatar. 

👍

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

As much as I detest Neymar, and haven't seen the documentary, Id somewhat agree with the journalists. Fitba players from 50-60 years ago simply wouldn't cope with todays 'athletes' physical abilities. Obviously Pele with todays physical abilities would be very different, but Id guess that's what the journalists are getting at.

Ok fair play. My argument is back then football was far more physical. Neymar would spend 90 minutes rolling around on the park.. I'm no being funny. I have seen umpteen videos and documentaries on Pele, the man was class. Very quick and went through people, and got kicked around the park. Neymar is not even in Pele league.. I disagree with the journos, but that is just my opinion.. And like you, I can't stand the little prick..

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Mason Greenwod arrested on suspicion of rape. The recording of him and his girlfriend is pretty brutal. 

Aye, obviously innocent until proven guilty, but he seems to be in a world of trouble. Been suspended by Man Utd. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Aye, obviously innocent until proven guilty, but he seems to be in a world of trouble. Been suspended by Man Utd. 

The statement from her dad seems weird, almost as if he's defending Greenwood

Edited by vanderark14