Squad to play Albania and Israel - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play Albania and Israel

PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You can't turn back a lynch mob without overriding evidence. Some folk won't be happy until McLeish is sacked, even if he gets us to the Euros. 

He will not get us to The Euros and even if he did, it would be in spite of him not because of him.

Edited by Mox

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You can't turn back a lynch mob without overriding evidence. Some folk won't be happy until McLeish is sacked, even if he gets us to the Euros. 

He should never of been given the job in the first place. His managerial record speaks for itself.  I don't blame him for taking it, we all need to earn a living. The SFA are to blame.  I said at the start of his current tenure he shouldn't be there and i will stick by that no matter what happens in the future.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ok Ok, I know everyone is right to be suspicious of "I'm in the know, honestly" posts but I'm just passing on what a good friend told me this morning.

1) The manager is frequently "too tired" or "a little unwell".

2) Peter Grant hasn't a scooby and commands zero respect at all from the players. 

3) The older players really do give a damn and are shocked at how deeply unprofessional the current management team are.

4) The SFA are aware of all this but simply don't care, just as long as people keep buying tickets.

A lot of pish ? Quite probably. But I am beginning to think there might be a smidgen of truth behind one or two of those claims.

It’s hard to believe that’s true given the relatively short period of time he spends with the squad.

Theres a lot of innuendo that Mcleish has either an illness or a drink problem, again I find it hard to believe, that the SFA would’ve employed him or continue to employ him under these circumstances.

Having said all that, point 4 is definitely believable, so you never know.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s hard to believe that’s true given the relatively short period of time he spends with the squad.

Theres a lot of innuendo that Mcleish has either an illness or a drink problem, again I find it hard to believe, that the SFA would’ve employed him or continue to employ him under these circumstances.

Having said all that, point 4 is definitely believable, so you never know.

You find it hard to believe? Jesus wept! Do you still believe in the tooth fairy? 😵

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

That is crap and you know it.

I didn't want him to be appointed. I want him to be removed as soon as possible. But if we win the next two matches, playing some good football then he will deserve to stay on for the qualifiers.

So far he has been a disaster in almost everything he has touched.

I can't think of a single positive and I found positives in Craig Levein!! 

How is it crap when you state quite clearly you want him sacked? 

2 hours ago, andyD said:

Exactly what Pasta said.

Don't think McLeish was the guy, but if he'd come in and we'd carried on where we left off under Strachan, but with some new blood in the squad. If we look coherent and organised then I'd be behind him.

The reason I'm not behind him right now is that we're a mess. We don't have a system. Something is up with the players. Results are bad. His pressers are mostly incoherent. There's nothing to suggest that we're going to be in a good place going into the new qualifying campaign. Things are significantly worse than when Strachan was let go.

If he can turn it around then great. What he's done so far suggests there's no real hope of that tho.

Scotland are shite. We weren't much better under Strachan. We've lost some of the better players and hence got worse. We are shite, we were shite. 

2 hours ago, Mox said:

He will not get us to The Euros and even if he did, it would be in spite of him not because of him.

We won't qualify because we're not good enough and some of the players appear to not give a toss. 

If the manager is that bad, come out and say it. If they prefer to just chuck it then it shows that they were losers anyway. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Scotland are shite. We weren't much better under Strachan. We've lost some of the better players and hence got worse. We are shite, we were shite. 

We are much worse now than we were under Strachan, even in the poor spell he had when Brown retired. 

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

He should never of been given the job in the first place. His managerial record speaks for itself.  I don't blame him for taking it, we all need to earn a living. The SFA are to blame.  I said at the start of his current tenure he shouldn't be there and i will stick by that no matter what happens in the future.

So if we qualify you'll stick to the line, he isn't good enough? 

So you're not assessing on ability which means your opinion is pretty pointless 

10 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Because I wouldn't want him sacked if he took us to the euros, like you said. 

So you only keep managers that qualify but you want serial failure (by your assessment) Strachan back? Or rather to have been kept in. 

Aye, it's not personal, is it. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So if we qualify you'll stick to the line, he isn't good enough? 

So you're not assessing on ability which means your opinion is pretty pointless 

I have the right to an opinion just like you. My opinion comes from his managerial record and i believe we will not qualify for sod all with him in charge. If you want to support him then that's you choice but saying my opinion is pointless was unnecessary.

Yes to your first point

Edited by Lairdyfaeinverclyde

12 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I have the right to an opinion just like you. My opinion comes from his managerial record and i believe we will not qualify for sod all with him in charge. If you want to support him then that's you choice but saying my opinion is pointless was unnecessary.

Yes to your first point

I didn't say I supported him however I'm not in the "sack him" camp yet either. Plenty of Scotland managers have had shite records away from home in important games. 

Strachan for one. 

Pointless was maybe unfair, I apologise. However the fact you wouldn't support him no matter the results makes it pointless debating with you. Your mind is made up. 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn't say I supported him however I'm not in the "sack him" camp yet either. Plenty of Scotland managers have had shite records away from home in important games. 

Strachan for one. 

Pointless was maybe unfair, I apologise. However the fact you wouldn't support him no matter the results makes it pointless debating with you. Your mind is made up. 

No problem. My mind was made up a long time ago.

McGinn a grade 1 calf injury apparently which can take up to and beyond 7 days. If he made it worse on sat he would be out for longer and  Villa would quite rightly be ragin. 

Nothing on Tierney yet.

Edited by JECK