Team for portugal - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for portugal

Malcolm

Another meaningless game. I'm not bothered about formations..if we can't field 11 players with the balls to go and beat Albania & Israel in the return fixtures then we really are in trouble. We need the ship steadying and prep for those games. Scott Brown should be begged to come bak and  build from there: a few names I'd play Old & New..Scott Brown, Scott Boyd, Stuat Findlay, Callum McGregor,Paul Hanlon, Chris Burke, Jack Hendry, Graeme Shinnie, Scott McKenna, Jamie Brandon, Ross McCrorie, Berra, Gordon, Naismith, Forrest, Darian MacKinnon, Lewis Ferguson

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

Mulgrew, Souttar, Tierney and Snodgrass leave the squad.

Add McLeish now FFS.

Mulgrew is injured and Tierney was always going to pull out after Thursday. Celtic didn’t want him playing the friendly apparently with Celtic’s schedule. Not that I agree they should have a say.

Souttar wouldn’t have started as he will be suspended for Albania but I’d be interested to hear why Snodgrass has withdrawn.

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Oh FFS!!

I'm not even going to try to guess the team. We'll be lucky to end tonight with 11 players in the squad!

I am available but have recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my big toe so might need a pain killing injection. Who else is available? My son's available too under the grandparent rule, he's a bit of a headless chicken, hasn't really played competitively since he was about 11 but he can run around and stuff like that.

18 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I am available but have recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my big toe so might need a pain killing injection. Who else is available? My son's available too under the grandparent rule, he's a bit of a headless chicken, hasn't really played competitively since he was about 11 but he can run around and stuff like that.

Dominoes down the pub night, wonder if any of us will remember to switch on the TV

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Because he's played more matches than almost any other professional footballer over the last 15 months? 

So what? He can’t pick and choose his games. Why shouldn’t alan McGregor do the same?  It’s not up to the players if they fancy it.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

So what? He can’t pick and choose his games. Why shouldn’t alan McGregor do the same?  It’s not up to the players if they fancy it.

Well actually, with international football, it kind of is up to the players whether they fancy it or not.

And it looks like they don't fancy it under McLeish. 

Personally I would play a four and have Robertson as my left back.  Tierney on the bench or at rb in future if he is better than the alternatives which appears to be the case at the moment.  If I was the manager I wouldn’t have players picking their games.  It would be you are fit, you play.   Or you don’t get back in.  Alan Hansen would piss on any of the current squad but was dropped by Ferguson for the World Cup in 86 for exactly that.

Guest MorayCupMan
56 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'd go

McGregor

O'Donnell McKenna Devlin Robertson

Russell Armstrong McGinn McGregor Forrest

McBurnie

Running out of options and defensively minded players

Would agree with this line up. Thats if no one else pulls out between now and the morn.

If he starts with 3 at the back tomorrow I will be walking out.

Edited by MorayCupMan

1 minute ago, MorayCupMan said:

Would agree with this line up. Thats if no one else pulls out between now and the morn.

If he starts with 3 at the back tomorrow I will be walking out.

Ffs... it might be the best we can come up with but that’s never a Scotland team.  It’s desperate.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

If that's a legit offer then I'm all for it!

At least you and your son would care more than a bunch of numpties that want to stay in good shape for their clubs.

Sorry about the diagnosis, by the way.

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Well actually, with international football, it kind of is up to the players whether they fancy it or not.

And it looks like they don't fancy it under McLeish. 

Tierney is an outstanding player but if that really is the way he thinks he can get tae.

14 hours ago, RobRoy69 said:

Another meaningless game. I'm not bothered about formations..if we can't field 11 players with the balls to go and beat Albania & Israel in the return fixtures then we really are in trouble. We need the ship steadying and prep for those games. Scott Brown should be begged to come bak and  build from there: a few names I'd play Old & New..Scott Brown, Scott Boyd, Stuat Findlay, Callum McGregor,Paul Hanlon, Chris Burke, Jack Hendry, Graeme Shinnie, Scott McKenna, Jamie Brandon, Ross McCrorie, Berra, Gordon, Naismith, Forrest, Darian MacKinnon, Lewis Ferguson

Well at least that’s one person I’m glad Alex McLeish is front of  in the queue to pick the squad.

some of those names are utterly terrifying.

Chris Burke wasn’t good enough for Scotland 10years ago when he was in his prime. Scott Boyd, seriously? Darien Mckinnon isn’t even the best midfielder at Hamilton.

Fuck me I know things are bad but c’mon.

we could have messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Hazard and somehow McLeish would still fuck it.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

And all the others that have pulled out? Or made themselves unavailable? 

Agree with you...  if they are medically unfit fine otherwise they shouldn’t be picked again.  Why should fans turn up when the players can’t be bothered.

53 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Agree with you...  if they are medically unfit fine otherwise they shouldn’t be picked again.  Why should fans turn up when the players can’t be bothered.

Imagine the state of the team if we did that. It's bad enough when all the best players are available.