Team GB - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team GB

PASTA Mick

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Stage women.s football is at I doubt it will do much harm. Give the games a bit more interest up here if there is Scottish involvement.

We've just qualified for the Euros and the World Cup. Our women don't need to piggy back on England's successes.

There are 3 UEFA places available for the Olympics and they will go to the 3 teams that perform the best. Hopefully England get knocked out early on. 

18 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

We've just qualified for the Euros and the World Cup. Our women don't need to piggy back on England's successes.

There are 3 UEFA places available for the Olympics and they will go to the 3 teams that perform the best. Hopefully England get knocked out early on. 

So Scotland could, potentially, face England in a tie during the Euro’s that would put GB out of the Olympics. 

27 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Is there a limit on how many countries can play in the Olympics? if that's the case there cant be a team GB if it's based on the Euros or world cup surely 

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

What happens if Scotland or Wales meet the qualification criteria but England don't?  i.e. that would mean GB have several options for qualification, can't see other countries being happy about that....

Looks as if England have been 'nominated' to qualify for GB. Doesn't matter what Scotland/Wales do. 

9 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

So Scotland could, potentially, face England in a tie during the Euro’s that would put GB out of the Olympics. 

Yes. If they played each other early enough. If, for example, we won the world cup, the 3 places would go to the 2nd to 4th best UEFA teams. If England wasn't one if them there would be no Team GB.

I guess the reason for this is that it would be unfair for Team GB to have 4 chances to qualify. 

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

What happens if Scotland or Wales meet the qualification criteria but England don't?  i.e. that would mean GB have several options for qualification, can't see other countries being happy about that....

Wales are out already.

It is only England's performance that matters. 

Scotland could knock England, and therefore Team GB out. 

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Is there a limit on how many countries can play in the Olympics? if that's the case there cant be a team GB if it's based on the Euros or world cup surely 

UEFA has 3 spots. They go to the 3 of the 9 UEFA teams which perform best at France 2019.

1 of the 9 is Scotland so England / Team GB have a 1 in 8 chance. 

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

UEFA has 3 spots. They go to the 3 of the 9 UEFA teams which perform best at France 2019.

1 of the 9 is Scotland so England / Team GB have a 1 in 8 chance. 

Surely it's a 3 in 8 chance? (Assuming all teams are equally good).

No word from the SFA. I wonder if the EFA have made a pre-emptive announcement of agreement when in fact there isn't any. Of course they have previous on this.

The possibility that Scotland might play England in the WC with a teamgeebee Olympic place partly at stake shows the absurdity of it all. England's FA want s teamgeebee for their own selfish reasons. The SFA should shoot the idea down but they won't.

I assume that if Scotland are one of the top 3 UEFA teams at the World Cup, then that would count as GB qualifying.

The media are just talking about England being the qualifying team, as they have discounted us as usual. 

They probably don't even know that we have qualified.....

Anyway, not happy about any team GB footie teams..

16 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

I assume that if Scotland are one of the top 3 UEFA teams at the World Cup, then that would count as GB qualifying.

The media are just talking about England being the qualifying team, as they have discounted us as usual. 

They probably don't even know that we have qualified.....

Anyway, not happy about any team GB footie teams..

No. If Scotland win it and England go out in the first round then Team GB does not qualify. 

19 hours ago, saintsparky said:

The FA are teamgeebee's football representatives and a teamgeebee women's football outfit in Tokyo dependes on England, and only England, getting to 3rd or better.

I hope they get horsed long before then.

As I said before, worryingly quiet SFA on this.

On 1 October 2018 at 11:52 PM, tartanmartin said:

💣💥 bang - there goes a lot of the feel good factor around the ladies team, unfortunately.

Martin. 

Have ATAC been in touch with the SFA over this and if not, why not?

13 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The FA are teamgeebee's football representatives and a teamgeebee women's football outfit in Tokyo dependes on England, and only England, getting to 3rd or better.

I hope they get horsed long before then.

As I said before, worryingly quiet SFA on this.

It should be England players only that play for them in that case.