The Mighty Rangers - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

18 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Stay off the bevvy during the week bud, and even better stay off the TAMB.

Irony can only describe most Rangers loathing here. Some cannot grasp their hatred of all things Rangers, Rangers fans, Royals, Britishness, Orange etc in absolutely no different to loathing the pope, Catholics, irishness etc.

fuck the pope is no different to fuck the queen  but Ormond, Scotty et al are too cute to say that, we are just referred to as "your lot" scum" fucktards etc. Ironic isn't it?

This was all covered by Karl Popper decades ago, it's called the Paradox of Tolerance and basically states you must not be tolerant of intolerance because you lose all tolerance with that model.

Therefore being intolerant of intolerance isn't ironic it's logical if you value tolerance.

18 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I do wonder why that is on the front page of a so called "newspaper". Is there nothing of real substance going on in the world, like our government fucking the economy 

Exactly it is just shit stirring. It was a private function and to be honest if he wants to think that and say shit like that at a private function i personally don't have a problem with it. It's not like the it was front page for any other reason than to enrich the paper. They fucking hacked folks phones and all other dodgy shit. Helped cover up police fuck ups etc.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If you’re in any doubt about this, have a read at any football thread on Twitter!

I find it amazing that any article, or comment from a journo etc attracts such reactions and the whataboutery is off the scale.

Twitter makes the TAMB look like a home to sensible debate. 😀 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

thats harsh considering there's no way he could have known the back lash and is it really worth holding a grudge? Simpson was a tremendous talent who arguably should have been given more caps, he dominated a Real Madrid and Bayern Munich midfield at the age of 21...........imagine that from a scotsman nowadays let alone an Aberdeen player lol. he makes one mistake and he's hounded for it for the rest of his life meanwhile Willie Johnston isn't hounded by the press or a particular set of fans for almost killing John McMaster...................why is that? The press continue to peddle the myth that the bad blood between aberdeen and rangers stems from the durrant incident, it was way before that when Aberdeen were challenging at the top end of the table. 

I think what you meant to say is there is an enormous amount of lunatics who follow Rangers and Celtic. I'm not saying other supports don't have idiots but its not an enormous amount

I didn't say I had no sympathy, just that it was tempered. Of course nobody knew the shitstorm that would ensue from that game. 

The press were, as usual, pandering to the lowest common denominator. Its why I've not bought a newspaper in decades. They're unmitigated scum. 

And you're right. The bad blood predates the tackle. It was stoked by Fergie, in the press, to build a fortress atmosphere and it worked. Some of the stuff he said about the Glasgow press not liking his success was probably accurate too. 

The problem is that then the eejits believe the bullshit propaganda from both sides and you get what we're left with. 

And on the idiot front I'd say that the club with the largest percentage of aggressive morons, from my personal experience, is Aberdeen. I've rarely had any hassle from Celtic fans or other Rangers fans. On the other hand I've seen first hand the bother caused by Aberdeen supporters, several times. 

Oh and the odd Hibs casual back in the 90s. But they were sad acts pushing women and children about. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn't say I had no sympathy, just that it was tempered. Of course nobody knew the shitstorm that would ensue from that game. 

The press were, as usual, pandering to the lowest common denominator. Its why I've not bought a newspaper in decades. They're unmitigated scum. 

And you're right. The bad blood predates the tackle. It was stoked by Fergie, in the press, to build a fortress atmosphere and it worked. Some of the stuff he said about the Glasgow press not liking his success was probably accurate too. 

The problem is that then the eejits believe the bullshit propaganda from both sides and you get what we're left with. 

And on the idiot front I'd say that the club with the largest percentage of aggressive morons, from my personal experience, is Aberdeen. I've rarely had any hassle from Celtic fans or other Rangers fans. On the other hand I've seen first hand the bother caused by Aberdeen supporters, several times. 

Oh and the odd Hibs casual back in the 90s. But they were sad acts pushing women and children about. 

Are you for real? Rangers fans have trashed cities and rioted when they were presented with a European trophy, they’ve had running battles on the hampden turf twice (that I can think of) but you think Aberdeen fans have the largest percentage of idiots.🤔 maybe you’re personal experience buts it’s not the bigger picture. 

I’m not doubting the dons had issues with casuals but both rangers and Celtic fans used to go to Aberdeen in the 70s and 80s and treat it like their own personal toilet and basically do whatever they liked. 

Aberdeen fans havent been at the centre of fan violence for a long time so god knows where you’re coming from here.

4 hours ago, phart said:

Exactly it is just shit stirring. It was a private function and to be honest if he wants to think that and say shit like that at a private function i personally don't have a problem with it. It's not like the it was front page for any other reason than to enrich the paper. They fucking hacked folks phones and all other dodgy shit. Helped cover up police fuck ups etc.

There's only so much moral outrage to go around apparently. 

Much more important to slaughter half wits like this than air their own dirty washing in public. 

Admittedly Durrant deserves no sympathy for continually showing himself up. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you for real? Rangers fans have trashed cities and rioted when they were presented with a European trophy, they’ve had running battles on the hampden turf twice (that I can think of) but you think Aberdeen fans have the largest percentage of idiots.🤔 maybe you’re personal experience buts it’s not the bigger picture. 

I’m not doubting the dons had issues with casuals but both rangers and Celtic fans used to go to Aberdeen in the 70s and 80s and treat it like their own personal toilet and basically do whatever they liked. 

Aberdeen fans havent been at the centre of fan violence for a long time so god knows where you’re coming from here.

Try googling Aberdeen fans trouble and you'll see issues from 2017 and 2014 but I was only talking about personal experience. 

You're dredging up ancient history from before even I was going to games and banging on as if its just Rangers and Celtic. 

The Old Firm play in the most high profile games, so any fan trouble is rightly exposed.

Pretending that Dons fans are wee angels is absolute nonsense. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Try googling Aberdeen fans trouble and you'll see issues from 2017 and 2014 but I was only talking about personal experience. 

You're dredging up ancient history from before even I was going to games and banging on as if its just Rangers and Celtic. 

The Old Firm play in the most high profile games, so any fan trouble is rightly exposed.

Pretending that Dons fans are wee angels is absolute nonsense. 

I didn’t say Aberdeen fans were angels, nor did I say it’s only rangers and Celtic fans. you’re making stuff up again. Seriously, why do you do that?

2008 is hardly ancient history and neither is 2016.

i don’t need to google anything, I know what Aberdeen fans have done but I’m not the one trying to paint Aberdeen as having a higher proportion of idiots just because i witnessed a few incidents of aggressive behaviour more than I’ve seen from other fans. In fact, I don’t believe you, I’m assuming you’ve been to many old firm matches, are you honestly telling me you’ve witnessed worse behaviour from dons fans compared to what you’ve seen at old firm matches? Considering you’ve got a history of making shit up I reckon you’ve just made that up too.

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn’t say Aberdeen fans were angels, nor did I say it’s only rangers and Celtic fans. you’re making stuff up again. Seriously, why do you do that?

2008 is hardly ancient history and neither is 2016.

i don’t need to google anything, I know what Aberdeen fans have done but I’m not the one trying to paint Aberdeen as having a higher proportion of idiots just because i witnessed a few incidents of aggressive behaviour more than I’ve seen from other fans. In fact, I don’t believe you, I’m assuming you’ve been to many old firm matches, are you honestly telling me you’ve witnessed worse behaviour from dons fans compared to what you’ve seen at old firm matches? Considering you’ve got a history of making shit up I reckon you’ve just made that up too.

You can believe what you like. You always do. And you always resort to the making stuff up line when you don't like what people are saying. 

I was quite clear that in my personal experience Aberdeen fans are the worst behaved. I've been to plant of OF games and bar the nasty singing and industrial strength language I've rarely had any bother. In fact I've had as much hassle at Scotland games. 

Aberdeen v Rangers games, that I've been at, have had far more trouble and whether you believe that or not is up to you. 

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You can believe what you like. You always do. And you always resort to the making stuff up line when you don't like what people are saying. 

I was quite clear that in my personal experience Aberdeen fans are the worst behaved. I've been to plant of OF games and bar the nasty singing and industrial strength language I've rarely had any bother. In fact I've had as much hassle at Scotland games. 

Aberdeen v Rangers games, that I've been at, have had far more trouble and whether you believe that or not is up to you. 

More and more lies. Keep it up min, at least you’re good at something.

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What lies? Go on, be specific about my lies. 

You trot this same tired shite out every time people don't agree with you. 

Next you'll pull the " I can't be bothered going on with this discussion" line to stop the thread before you have to admit you're talking rubbish. 

You're more consistent than your team, at least. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What lies? Go on, be specific about my lies. 

You trot this same tired shite out every time people don't agree with you. 

Next you'll pull the " I can't be bothered going on with this discussion" line to stop the thread before you have to admit you're talking rubbish. 

You're more consistent than your team, at least. 

Have a look back at the times you’ve quoted me, you will find a post in there where I first accused you of lying. I asked you to point me to where I’d done something you accused me of doing on here.

That’s where this whole thing started, you lied about me to reinforce your argument. You’re still doing it now and you’re only retort is to repeat what I have said to you.

you want specific, it was the 1st of August. You went to an unbelievable length to have a go at me, you made up a lot of nonsense about me because you didn’t like what I had to say, I asked you to prove your accusation but then you disappeared. 

Edited by vanderark14

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Have a look back at the times you’ve quoted me, you will find a post in there where I first accused you of lying. I asked you to point me to where I’d done something you accused me of doing on here.

That’s where this whole thing started, you lied about me to reinforce your argument. You’re still doing it now and you’re only retort is to repeat what I have said to you.

you want specific, it was the 1st of August. You went to an unbelievable length to have a go at me, you made up a lot of nonsense about me because you didn’t like what I had to say, I asked you to prove your accusation but then you disappeared. 

What has a post on the 1st of August got to do with this thread? 

You said a couple of posts ago "more and more lies" implying I'd lied on this thread. 

It appears that isn't the case as now it's suddenly about something from nearly 3 months ago. 

I'm not going to check out the old thread. I'm talking about now, in this one, in the last few days. Please point out my "lies and more lies" or admit you're wrong and accept the fact that folk don't have to agree with you. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What has a post on the 1st of August got to do with this thread? 

You said a couple of posts ago "more and more lies" implying I'd lied on this thread. 

It appears that isn't the case as now it's suddenly about something from nearly 3 months ago. 

I'm not going to check out the old thread. I'm talking about now, in this one, in the last few days. Please point out my "lies and more lies" or admit you're wrong and accept the fact that folk don't have to agree with you. 

This is my thread so u 2 are getring a 2 day ban from it. He said this, i said that. Even doin ma head in 😀

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yup, it's the Renfrew Blue modus operandi. Throw around shit with nothing to back it up. He's not worth engaging with. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup, it's the Renfrew Blue modus operandi. Throw around shit with nothing to back it up. He's not worth engaging with. 

I wondered how long it would be before you turned up to back up yer wee pal. 

If you can answer my very simple question to vanderark14, then wire in. 

Where have I lied on this thread? 

Go on, Self Appointed Protector of the Vanderark. 

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You lied about me making stuff up. I’ve pointed you to a post where you started lying three months ago and your refusing to acknowledge it. You’re still lying in this thread. It’s a forum full of strangers, fuck knows why you feel the need to make shite up to prove your point.

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I had him on ignore once I realised he makes stuff up but he replied to a few of my posts and he seemed ok but as soon as his bull shit was challenged he went full hun again