The Mighty Rangers - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

There’s a lot of bizarreness in there, I don’t know where to start. 

Yes, it’s subliminally for something else  

They don’t do it for a reaction, they do it because it panders to the bigoted nearderthals that follow them and they make a killing off of it  

Regardless of the sash colour, we all know what it represents. 

It seems that you’re happy that your club bend over for them, because bigotry is just a bit of banter with Celtic fans. 

The fact still stays the same, they allow it to happen and actively encourage it to carry on. 

Few assumptions there,

How much does Rangers make from armed forces day?

If Rangers made it a solid orange sash I could agree with you.

a quick Google search shows dozens of clubs with a sash, crystal palace has the almost the exact same strip. 

I do believe bigotry in this area of the countryis MOSTLY banter with Celtic, some take it to extremes which is obviously wrong. ( I fully accept this is hard to believe)

I don't see any evidence that Rangers actively encourage bigotry.

I saw the sun described it as shocking.

Least shocking story I’ve ever heard, a bit of bigotry at a sash bash...

Not to defend Durrant, but these guys have paid good money and that’s what they want to hear. I doubt he offended anyone there and it was a private function.

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Sorry to jump off topic, although it is still Sevco related. Honest question as I have no idea. Can someone please explain what the 5 stars round the Sevco crest means?

One for each year of existence. 

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I saw the sun described it as shocking.

Least shocking story I’ve ever heard, a bit of bigotry at a sash bash...

Not to defend Durrant, but these guys have paid good money and that’s what they want to hear. I doubt he offended anyone there and it was a private function.

I agree it’s far from shocking. It’s everything anybody expects from a piece of shit like Durrant. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Sorry to jump off topic, although it is still Sevco related. Honest question as I have no idea. Can someone please explain what the 5 stars round the Sevco crest means?

I know you’re probably fishing, but it was from when they won their 50th title. They have one for every 10.

They could add some wee stars for their Ramsdens cup and league 1 and 2...

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Surely it’s a good thing that this incident is highlighted and shouldn’t be tolerated? 

Show bigots in their true colours, shine a light on it instead of sweeping it under the carpet.

Yes, it can only be a good thing to expose this sort of stupidity, however front page news? Seriously? 

If reporting on it embarrasses people into behaving then that's great. But to make out it's a big shock is absolute pish. 

Seriously, is anyone surprised other than by the fact it is on the front page? 

33 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I know you’re probably fishing, but it was from when they won their 50th title. They have one for every 10.

Was not fishing mate, honest

Ly did not know. Cheers for clearing that up.😊

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

50 titles in 5 years? That pretty amazing. Well they should only have 4 stars, as 9 of them didnae fuckin count... Just sayin like. 😎

8 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

You asked the question, do keep up

Erm actually you asked if I acknowledged his apology so I asked who you meant. It was you who asked a question in reply to my reply to Renfrew. Durrant apologising has absolutely nothing to do with my post which you replied to.

Were you drinking last night?

I ask because When I read your posts from last night, it looks like you’re losing the plot or maybe you actually believe the pish you’ve posted, if that’s case that’s even more worrying than if you were drunk. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yes, it can only be a good thing to expose this sort of stupidity, however front page news? Seriously? 

If reporting on it embarrasses people into behaving then that's great. But to make out it's a big shock is absolute pish. 

Seriously, is anyone surprised other than by the fact it is on the front page? 

Front page news is exactly where it should be if it’s going to embarrass people into behaving, it’s worked for the racism campaign. Racism hasnst been eradicated but progress is being made. Having in a tiny space in the middle of the paper won’t have the same effect.

i don’t think anyone is remotely surprised nor do I think anyone is making this out to be a surprise but that’s not the point. 

My own personal opinion is, rangers themselves could easily do a lot more to stop this kind of nonsense but we both know they won’t for the reasons already noted in the last few pages. So fair play to daily record for highlighting this because the club connected to this doesn’t do enough in my opinion

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I don’t know what the ins and outs of what’s said behind closed doors at ibrox, but.......

I do know they allow armed force parades every year, they pander to the masses by releasing a “tangerine third kit”, they currently also have a sash down the away kit, they allow all of the guff to be sold outside of the ground, they allow(ed) Traynor to have a siege mentality with everything he released.

All of this can be eradicated by the board, but they CHOOSE not to, because it will affect sales/people through the door. 

There’s been rangers fans on here saying how fucking pathetic it all is, but as long as it makes money, they dont care. 

For the record, I don’t care what they do, or what the fans sing, it doesn’t have any effect on my life. 

Also, when someone comes along and says, but Celtic do this, that and the next thing, I don’t care about that either. It’s tit for tat and fucking pathetic by everyone involved. 

This is also valid for anyone that sings about Durrant or about a disaster when football fans lost their lives. 

Agree with most but the durrant song is nowhere near as vile as the ibrox disaster song. The more I read about durrant the more I learn he’s a bigoted prick so fuck him, he clearly hasn’t learned his lesson since he was last caught being a bigoted racist shit bag in 1989.

the tackle was a bad one but was blown way out of proportion and anyone who isn’t a moron knows that was completely out of character for Simpson. He was hounded for years after it and still does get abuse from certain morons. Is that reported by the so called national media? Is it fuck. 

The media play a huge part in blowing this incident up which the mutants on both sides will lap up, what I’m sick of is hearing about poor durrant and the way the media paint him as some sort of martyr. 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Agree with most but the durrant song is nowhere near as vile as the ibrox disaster song. The more I read about durrant the more I learn he’s a bigoted prick so fuck him, he clearly hasn’t learned his lesson since he was last caught being a bigoted racist shit bag in 1989.

the tackle was a bad one but was blown way out of proportion and anyone who isn’t a moron knows that was completely out of character for Simpson. He was hounded for years after it and still does get abuse from certain morons. Is that reported by the so called national media? Is it fuck. 

The media play a huge part in blowing this incident up which the mutants on both sides will lap up, what I’m sick of is hearing about poor durrant and the way the media paint him as some sort of martyr. 

When it comes to Durrant's character, there's no sympathy or excuse. 

That has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened to his playing career or how it was destroyed. 

You're right that the media don't report what happened to Simpson afterwards. But the actions were his choice. Sadly, there will always be morons who think they are in the right when hassling people they don't even know, for something that is none of their business. I don't understand the mindset but it happens the world over. 

My sympathy for Simpson is tempered by the fact the issue was of his own making. Albeit I'm sure he didn't forsee any of the eventual outcome on the day. 

I think we can all agree that there are an enormous number of lunatics that appear to cling to Scottish football.

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think we can all agree that there are an enormous number of lunatics that appear to cling to Scottish football.

If you’re in any doubt about this, have a read at any football thread on Twitter!

I find it amazing that any article, or comment from a journo etc attracts such reactions and the whataboutery is off the scale.

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

When it comes to Durrant's character, there's no sympathy or excuse. 

That has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened to his playing career or how it was destroyed. 

You're right that the media don't report what happened to Simpson afterwards. But the actions were his choice. Sadly, there will always be morons who think they are in the right when hassling people they don't even know, for something that is none of their business. I don't understand the mindset but it happens the world over. 

My sympathy for Simpson is tempered by the fact the issue was of his own making. Albeit I'm sure he didn't forsee any of the eventual outcome on the day. 

thats harsh considering there's no way he could have known the back lash and is it really worth holding a grudge? Simpson was a tremendous talent who arguably should have been given more caps, he dominated a Real Madrid and Bayern Munich midfield at the age of 21...........imagine that from a scotsman nowadays let alone an Aberdeen player lol. he makes one mistake and he's hounded for it for the rest of his life meanwhile Willie Johnston isn't hounded by the press or a particular set of fans for almost killing John McMaster...................why is that? The press continue to peddle the myth that the bad blood between aberdeen and rangers stems from the durrant incident, it was way before that when Aberdeen were challenging at the top end of the table. 

I think what you meant to say is there is an enormous amount of lunatics who follow Rangers and Celtic. I'm not saying other supports don't have idiots but its not an enormous amount

Is there more of them as a percentage, or just more of them because they have bigger fan bases.

I’d say they are more likely to attract the bampots for a variety of reasons, so will have a higher percentage of lunatics amongst their support.

They also have the safety in numbers to voice their bigoted views as there’s no appetite to stop them, certainly at games. Although I’d like to think that there isn’t loads of folk around me at Fir Park who are only holding in their bigoted thoughts to not get lifted, rather that they don’t think that way in the 1st place.

I suppose this is where your “90 minute bigot” comes in, joining in with the crowd...

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Is there more of them as a percentage, or just more of them because they have bigger fan bases.

I’d say they are more likely to attract the bampots for a variety of reasons, so will have a higher percentage of lunatics amongst their support.

They also have the safety in numbers to voice their bigoted views as there’s no appetite to stop them, certainly at games. Although I’d like to think that there isn’t loads of folk around me at Fir Park who are only holding in their bigoted thoughts to not get lifted, rather that they don’t think that way in the 1st place.

I suppose this is where your “90 minute bigot” comes in, joining in with the crowd...

I don't think its all down to size of fans base, thats a contributing factor but the hatred and rivalry is also a factor. Rangers and Celtic because of that hatred attract more scumbags 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think its all down to size of fans base, thats a contributing factor but the hatred and rivalry is also a factor. Rangers and Celtic because of that hatred attract more scumbags 

Neds tend to be attracted to things that are popular aswell.

If it wasn’t for religion, they’d maybe all support one team depending on when they started liking football...