Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 40 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not really a big Forrest fan but if he could transfer his form from the last two seasons to Scotland then he could be a valuable asset especially against weak opposition. It's good to have a bit of depth as well if we have injuries to our other wingers.

Couldn’t agree more, if he could replicate that form for Scotland, especially the scoring form, we’d be one hell of a team. 

Slightly off topic but I want the same from Fraser, he chips in with assists and goals for Bournemouth and I want to see this for Scotland, it’s a little early I know but he’s not put in a mind blowing performance yet.

Some goal from Russell. 

So our inform attackers are Fraser, Forrest and Russell. All of these guys don't suit a 352 formation that McLeish has stated he wants to continue with. I reckon 1 will start, max 2...both out of position. 

It might benefit us to, for this game, switch to a 433. Use a strike force of Fraser Griffiths and Russell. We'd have to drop Tierney or move him to right back or centre back. Can't see it happening though. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It’s no surprise your the first one to jump to the defence of a Celtic fan. If I had a problem with which club forest played for, why would I want tierney in the team? Or Griffiths? Or mcregor? All three should start.  

Have another read read of my post you will  see I said “forest is phenomenal for Celtic and shite for Scotland” I know he’s on form but that form never or barely ever transfers on to a Scotland shirt. I don’t rate him for Scotland. Some players don’t always work out in the international game the same way some don’t play as well at club level as they do for their national side

If you had read what I had written properly then you'll see that I hadn't accused you of having a problem with Celtic players. I was referring to you suggesting that the other poster only wants Forrest to start because he happens to be a Celtic player.

You don't rate him, fine. Others do though and it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of club allegiances. Quite pathetic that you can't seem to understand that.

11 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If you had read what I had written properly then you'll see that I hadn't accused you of having a problem with Celtic players. I was referring to you suggesting that the other poster only wants Forrest to start because he happens to be a Celtic player.

You don't rate him, fine. Others do though and it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of club allegiances. Quite pathetic that you can't seem to understand that.

Pasta has previous for this, he pretty much updates the board every time a Celtic player farts. Him and I have argued this before, you’ve jumped in on something you know nothing about.

Haha the irony of you calling someone pathetic, weren’t you banned from here and then joined up again with a new username? Apologies if I have you mixed up but I’m sure I read that.

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Pasta has previous for this, he pretty much updates the board every time a Celtic player farts. Him and I have argued this before, you’ve jumped in on something you know nothing about.

Haha the irony of you calling someone pathetic, weren’t you banned from here and then joined up again with a new username? Apologies if I have you mixed up but I’m sure I read that.

Yeah I was. Mainly from gimps like you reporting me. No idea what that has to do with you being unable to support Scotland without bringing club matters into it though. 

7 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Yeah I was. Mainly from gimps like you reporting me. No idea what that has to do with you being unable to support Scotland without bringing club matters into it though. 

Well you called me pathetic, I’d say it’s more pathetic getting yourself banned from a forum, I assume you’re a grown up, if you are then yes it’s pretty pathetic getting banned from a forum and then rejoiningunder a new username. I can see why you ended up banned

It’s even more pathetic blaming people who reported you for it, not me personally, it would take a lot more than someone like you to make me use the report function. I’m willing to bet you being banned was your own doing and you’re now resorting to playground mentality by blaming others for grassing you up. 

Of course I doubt you will see it that way so fuck it, I’ll avoid from now on. Enjoy your trip to Israel 👍🏻

24 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I was at the game yesterday and he was absolutely fucking atrocious. An abortion of a defender. 

Agree. A worry amount of people have started calling for his inclusion. It's probably because they see where Leeds are in the table and that Jack Hendry is in the squad rather than they've seen him play. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agree. A worry amount of people have started calling for his inclusion. It's probably because they see where Leeds are in the table and that Jack Hendry is in the squad rather than they've seen him play. 

Even playing beside Pontus he looks ridiculously bad. He’s one of the reasons Leeds won’t stay in the top 6. 

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No he doesn’t, are you capable of taking of those Green and white specs?

its been done to death, he’s phenomenal for Celtic but shite for Scotland. He’s down the pecking order and he’s not good enough to make room for like tierney or Robertson. 

If forest starts its A step backwards

Hes not even phenomenal for celtic, 9 times out of 10 he gets the ball, runs a wee bit, finds a defender and turns back. Hes a winger that cant go past folk and canny cross theball. Im gutted he scored 4 yesterday because he will now probably start this week and be the usual waste of a jersey he always is. i genuinly dont know one celtic fan that rates him, and i have plenty of them who go to every game and see him week in week out.

39 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Hes not even phenomenal for celtic, 9 times out of 10 he gets the ball, runs a wee bit, finds a defender and turns back. Hes a winger that cant go past folk and canny cross theball. Im gutted he scored 4 yesterday because he will now probably start this week and be the usual waste of a jersey he always is. i genuinly dont know one celtic fan that rates him, and i have plenty of them who go to every game and see him week in week out.

Where have you been for the last couple years?? I am not a Celtic fan, but i know plenty of Celtic supporters who say he’s been one of the most consistently good players in the squad since Brendan arrived. It is never easy for a winger when teams constantly double up. 

The Forrest-hate on here is really OTT at times.

32 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Where have you been for the last couple years?? I am not a Celtic fan, but i know plenty of Celtic supporters who say he’s been one of the most consistently good players in the squad since Brendan arrived. It is never easy for a winger when teams constantly double up. 

The Forrest hate 😂😂😂

its not hate, most if not all Scotland fans would love him to succeed and play well in a Scotland shirt, unfortunately he doesn’t. 

15 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Who exactly has called for his inclusion?

If you wan't to read all 40 pages I think I am the only person to mention him, and even then I didn't suggest he was called up. All I did was quote a stats site that rates his contribution to games highly and the fact that it had rated him higher than a number of our geriatrics over the last few years

Don't think you would need to read all 40 pages to find out what you think about Hendry. Or have you changed your mind?

Regarding Stuart Armstrong I said at the start of the season it would be interesting to see how he got on in the EPL as a top SPL player, are we finding out?

Often wonder why people who watch a game from one position in a stadium live think they have some insight that proves they know more about a player than some one who can watch a game from 30 different angles on TV.

15 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

If you wan't to read all 40 pages I think I am the only person to mention him, and even then I didn't suggest he was called up. All I did was quote a stats site that rates his contribution to games highly and the fact that it had rated him higher than a number of our geriatrics over the last few years

Don't think you would need to read all 40 pages to find out what you think about Hendry. Or have you changed your mind?

Regarding Stuart Armstrong I said at the start of the season it would be interesting to see how he got on in the EPL as a top SPL player, are we finding out?

Often wonder why people who watch a game from one position in a stadium live think they have some insight that proves they know more about a player than some one who can watch a game from 30 different angles on TV. Forgot to say the site I use had Saturday as his worst performance, perhaps you should watch all his games

The stats site doesn't cover.the SPL as it's standard is so far down the pecking order in world leagues it is not worthy of of wasting time on. It does however cover the Europa league and so far all it says about says about Celtic is that Brown ins the only decent Scottish player they have and Rangers don't even have a Scotsman in their top eleven players. As for the other Scottish teams thay couldn't even reach the League stage.

But don't worry we beat Albania.

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Arguably our player of the year last year but none of your pals rate him so it was all for nothing🤣

1 hour ago, SWMM82 said:

Most game going Celtic fans do rate him, apart from the mates that Kirk made up.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Often wonder why people who watch a game from one position in a stadium live think they have some insight that proves they know more about a player than some one who can watch a game from 30 different angles on TV. Forgot to say the site I use had Saturday as his worst performance, perhaps you should watch all his games

The stats site doesn't cover.the SPL as it's standard is so far down the pecking order in world leagues it is not worthy of of wasting time on. It does however cover the Europa league and so far all it says about says about Celtic is that Brown ins the only decent Scottish player they have and Rangers don't even have a Scotsman in their top eleven players. As for the other Scottish teams thay couldn't even reach the League stage.

But don't worry we beat Albania.

Firstly, I think you need to chill :lol:

I've seen plenty of folk calling for Cooper to be called up...Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...there are plenty of people being taken in by Leeds going well in the league.

I still think Hendry is poor.  I've not changed my mind on this.  He might turn into a decent player but he should not be near international football at the moment.  

I'm not sure what Armstrong has to do with anything but I'm not a big fan.  I always preferred McGregor for Celtic.  Maybe I've just not really forgiven Armstrong for the england game or him scoring in the last minute against rangers to put us 5-1 up when I had a bet on 4-1.  Saying that, I really hope he does do well at Southampton.  

59 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Firstly, I think you need to chill :lol:

I've seen plenty of folk calling for Cooper to be called up...Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...there are plenty of people being taken in by Leeds going well in the league.

I still think Hendry is poor.  I've not changed my mind on this.  He might turn into a decent player but he should not be near international football at the moment.  

I'm not sure what Armstrong has to do with anything but I'm not a big fan.  I always preferred McGregor for Celtic.  Maybe I've just not really forgiven Armstrong for the england game or him scoring in the last minute against rangers to put us 5-1 up when I had a bet on 4-1.  Saying that, I really hope he does do well at Southampton.  

I do need to chill but rather than take it out on the wife or beat up my boss at work I'll just talk shite on here. The internet is great for stress relief.

The Armstrong bit was to do with the fact it was getting brought up in posts a lot on here, and out of Celtics established Scots I would say he was the most over rated yet many say he must play. That's why I think his progress at Southampton will let us know more about the standard of the spl than anything else. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I do need to chill but rather than take it out on the wife or beat up my boss at work I'll just talk shite on here. The internet is great for stress relief.

The Armstrong bit was to do with the fact it was getting brought up in posts a lot on here, and out of Celtics established Scots I would say he was the most over rated yet many say he must play. That's why I think his progress at Southampton will let us know more about the standard of the spl than anything else. 

I'm not sure you can use individual players as a measure of how good a league is. There are plenty of ex-Celtic midfielders playing in England at the moment and over the last few years - Ki, Wanyama, Kayal, Lesley, Armstrong. Most have done quite well but that's because of the player and doesn't really tell us too much about the leagues.

I do know that plenty of players that have done well in England have struggled in Scotland. Barton is the most high profile recently. 

On 10/8/2018 at 6:40 PM, PASTA Mick said:

I'm not sure you can use individual players as a measure of how good a league is. There are plenty of ex-Celtic midfielders playing in England at the moment and over the last few years - Ki, Wanyama, Kayal, Lesley, Armstrong. Most have done quite well but that's because of the player and doesn't really tell us too much about the leagues.

I do know that plenty of players that have done well in England have struggled in Scotland. Barton is the most high profile recently. 

Who does she play for ?

Harper starting up front again for Malaga right now. Go on lad, bang in a couple of goals and give us something positive to think about as we head to the pub tonight!

PS: I love that Spanish league matches can start at 4pm on a Friday 'cause you know they've all fucked off from work already.