The Weather thread - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Lovely couple of days, Indian summer anyone?

Was thinking this very thing today.   Been stuck in the hoose all week getting some bathroom refurb when should have been out of doors enjoying stuff.   Cistern half empty guy me 😣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am seriously fookin fed up of this weather. Rain rain rain, almost every bloody day . I am sick of it. 
 I dont usually let it bother me too much as it Scotland and you know what to expect, but this winter has been spectacularly shite. 

Sorry, I should have posted this on the Get it off your chest thread , but it is always  me moaning on there too. 

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am seriously fookin fed up of this weather. Rain rain rain, almost every bloody day . I am sick of it. 
 I dont usually let it bother me too much as it Scotland and you know what to expect, but this winter has been spectacularly shite. 

Sorry, I should have posted this on the Get it off your chest thread , but it is always  me moaning on there too. 

When I saw your name posting on this thread, I thought "At last a post where Tidy isnae moaning about something". How wrong was that?

Weather's been braw here for the pat 10 days or so. A wee bit windy but not too bad. 10 deg C and it's still winter. Bordering on a heatwave. 

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

When I saw your name posting on this thread, I thought "At last a post where Tidy isnae moaning about something". How wrong was that?

Weather's been braw here for the pat 10 days or so. A wee bit windy but not too bad. 10 deg C and it's still winter. Bordering on a heatwave. 

Aye, and when I saw you had quoted me on the Weather Thread when the rain has been pishin down for weeks I thought ‘ great , Orraloon  is going to agree with me for a change’ .
But naw, here you are showing off with your 10 degrees heatwave. 

Where do you live? Dont worry I am not stalking you, I have been told I may need  to go into self isolation on my return from Serbia so wont be travelling . I am just curious as to where this fictional place is situated. 

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye, and when I saw you had quoted me on the Weather Thread when the rain has been pishin down for weeks I thought ‘ great , Orraloon  is going to agree with me for a change’ .
But naw, here you are showing off with your 10 degrees heatwave. 

Where do you live? Dont worry I am not stalking you, I have been told I may need  to go into self isolation on my return from Serbia so wont be travelling . I am just curious as to where this fictional place is situated. 

I'm no telling you. Don't want to encourage any more of you weegie lot to move here. Too many of you already here. "Send them back to weegieland", that's what I say.

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm no telling you. Don't want to encourage any more of you weegie lot to move here. Too many of you already here. "Send them back to weegieland", that's what I say.

You wont be so fussy when you need our toilet roll. 

17 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I can never remember a winter with so little snow, this week will be much of the same, indication is for more settled weather into next week

Thats because its all melted into fookin rain . 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Very dry March if anyone noticed. Been watering the grass. Rasps looking good. Apples finger X, they were shit last year. No idea about eastern Africa.

The east coast has been exceptionally dry this year, the pattern is very very similar to last year, i think we were close to a hose pipe ban last tear then the heavens opened ned 

4 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Very dry March if anyone noticed. Been watering the grass. Rasps looking good. Apples finger X, they were shit last year. No idea about eastern Africa.

It pished down for the first half of the month in Renfrewshire. You must  live in Orraloon  land . 

I like raspberries, are they difficult to grow ? 

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It pished down for the first half of the month in Renfrewshire. You must  live in Orraloon  land . 

I like raspberries, are they difficult to grow ? 

Nah, Feb it it pished down, maybe very early March. Rasps are basically like growing weeds in Scotland.

With the vastly reduced air traffic, there will be a fraction less cloud from contrails.   (I remember this from previous:   Yon volcano was it?)   So more sun, but then less cloud to keep heat in at night?

(I'm not claiming this is causing the dry sunny weather right now.)

Bigger effect though in Scotland as yer grannie would tell you, is that the winter was mild, so it will pish down July & August as usual.

12 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Nah, Feb it it pished down, maybe very early March. Rasps are basically like growing weeds in Scotland.

Why are raspberries so expensive if they are so easy to grow? 2 quid for a couple of dozen.